Windows 10: Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware'

Discus and support Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Issue; I've got two of my internal SATA hard drives (4 internal hard drive in total) showing as removeable drives in the 'safely remove hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nooboy_58, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Nooboy_58 Win User

Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware'

Hi,

Issue; I've got two of my internal SATA hard drives (4 internal hard drive in total) showing as removeable drives in the 'safely remove hardware and eject media' tray icon list.

I don't want to accidentally eject one of them so I would like them not to appear in the 'eject media' list.

What I've tried so far; I've checked the BIOS and all 'Hot Plug' for these devices is disabled. I've checked the Policies in Device Manager that Cache Writing is enabled ('Better Performance' or 'Quick Removal' are two other options and they are set to Better Performance for each device)

I found a solution on the MS forum which partly works for me. That is a registry edit run from command prompt as follows;

reg.exe add “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\Parameters\Device” /f /v TreatAsInternalPort /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d x (where 'x' is the Bus number of the device)

I have two drives Bus 0 and Bus 1 showing as removeable. The problem is, I enter one Bus and it no longer appears as removeable. So far, so good. But when I try the same for the second bus, it just replaces the first entry in the Registry, so I can only fix one or the other, not both. I can't add the second drive.

Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware' a76e3bab-2f92-472c-ae3c-b617c0c2a8fd?upload=true.jpg .

I'd be grateful if anyone could advise how/if I can work around this.

Many thanks in advance

Win 10 Pro (x64) up to date - Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz - 32BG RAM - ASUSTeK P8Z77-V PRO

:)

Nooboy_58, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Stigg Win User

Remove Internal Hard Drive From Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media

I have an older computer, and have had trouble getting working SATA controller drivers for it, so I have had to revert the Marvell SATA/RAID driver back to Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver. Doing this has fixed my problems mostly, but now my internal hard drives show up in the Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media list.

Apart from reverting back to troublesome Marvell drivers, what is the best way to to hide these internal drives from showing up in the Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media list?

Stigg, Jun 11, 2019
  3. fredde Win User
    Internal Sata Drive shows up as removable drive

My Sata Storage drive on my P4P800 DLX sys. started showing up as a removable drive. I noticed the other day that it showed up as a removable usb device. Today the drive disappeared momentarily but then showed up as a usb device again.

Any ideas please? *Bang Head :banghead:

fredde, Jun 11, 2019
  4. mikee286 Win User

Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware'

internal hard drives showing as external removable devices

Tried checking write caching in device manager, it was enabled
    looked in bios for hot swap or hot plug setting, it was disabled
    I also installed all the drivers from the motherboard driver disk to see if there were drivers for the sata controller that would fix the issue, no luck there either.

mikee286, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware' - Similar Threads - Internal SATA hard

2. Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives: Hello,Thank you in advance for any assistance. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.My issue is I have an internal hard drive that is showing as a removable storage device. I am using this drive for Backup. Windows 10 File Backup and trying to use it for a system image. I think...
  3. Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives: Hello, Thank you in advance for any assistance. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. My issue is I have an internal hard drive that is showing as a removable storage device. I am using this drive for Backup. Windows 10 File Backup and trying to use it for a system...
  4. Drive letters not showing up in safely remove hardware

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drive letters not showing up in safely remove hardware: Since updating to Win 10 2004, safely remove hardware no longer shows the drive letters of my external hard drives. When I click on the SRH icon the first thing it shows is "open devices and printers" and then "eject backup+ desk", "eject backup+ hub BK" etc. Before it showed...
  5. Safely Remove SATA Drive in a DOCK?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove SATA Drive in a DOCK?: Hello ALL. I have Windows 10 PRO 1909 with all of the updates and added the Safely Remove Hardware shortcut. The problem is that I have a SATA dock with a nice 4TB drive that I use for images (Macrium Reflect) and when done I wanted to use this Shortcut to remove the drive...
  6. Remove Internal Hard Drive From Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Internal Hard Drive From Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media: I have an older computer, and have had trouble getting working SATA controller drivers for it, so I have had to revert the Marvell SATA/RAID driver back to Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver. Doing this has fixed my problems mostly, but now my internal hard drives show up...
  7. "Safe " removing internal drives ?!

"Safe " removing internal drives ?!: Why are my internal HDDs and SSD shown in the "safe remove "-icon ( placed in taskbar) ?? How can we get rid of this absurd notification of showing internal HDDs for removing...............!! 114602
  8. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media

Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media: After clean install of Win 10 ver 1803 two (2) internal hard drives now appear in taskbar as removable and in fact can be removed....neither are the primary drive but backup drives....anyone else having this situation...have attempted registry changes as outlined below but...
  9. Internal SATA drives show as removable

Internal SATA drives show as removable: My motherboard has two SATA controllers. C: and D: are connected to a separate controller from the other two hard drives and one DVD burner. C: and D: show on the remove/eject menu. How do I get them off that? The last, and only other, time I encountered such a problem...
  10. internal hard drives showing as external removable devices

internal hard drives showing as external removable devices: I just finished building my new pc and my hard drives which I moved over from my old computer are showing in device manager and windows media player as portable devices. How to I get them to show up as internal My system is AMD Ryzen 1400. Asrock AB350 Pro4 motherboard,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internal sata showing removable device

2. what is driver enforcement sata icon in tray

3. ssd appear removeable device

4. sata hdd eject and re connect cmd,
  5. windows 10 Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media,
  6. stop sata drives eject,
  7. windows 10 sata drives show as removable,
  8. new ssd shows in safely remove hardware,
  9. windows 10 min hard drive showing safley romove hard drive,
  10. why are my hard drives showing up in the removable deive tray,
  11. how can i stop my ssd drive from showing as a removable drive?,