Windows 10: Internal SD reader

Discus and support Internal SD reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, since the last window's 10 update my internal SD reader won't work. I understand I may need to update it's particular driver, however I wouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fiona277, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Fiona277 Win User

Internal SD reader

Hi, since the last window's 10 update my internal SD reader won't work. I understand I may need to update it's particular driver, however I wouldn't have a clue how to do this. I have tried troubleshooting etc already, but just keeps telling me that there are no issues. I had trouble with my mouse as well and ended up having to buy a new compatible mouse. Will I have to buy an external SD card reader too? Thanks in advance, Fiona277.

:)

Fiona277, Jul 26, 2018

2. Internal SD reader not working after upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Hello everyone, I have a problem after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro. My Sabrent internal SD card reader isn't working. I've tried most of the solutions I've seen elsewhere, and I thought someone here might have some ideas.

Current Setup

I have a Sabrent SD card reader plugged into the USB1 port on my motherboard. The reader has several SD slots and two USB slots.

Windows 10 Home Behavior

The SD card reader worked as expected.

Windows 10 Pro Behavior

When I insert an SD card into one of the SD slots, nothing happens. The card is not read and nothing appears under the drive on This PC. I have tried this using both SD and micro SD cards. However, there are three other things going on:

• The USB slots in the reader work fine.
    • The SD slot is recognized on startup before Windows loads. It appears as a boot option when I have a card inserted and manually enter the boot menu on the motherboard (F11).
    • Drive letters appear for each SD slot.
    Attempted Fixes

I have tried several steps to fix this issue. They include:

• Running hardware Troubleshooting under Control Panel
    • Updating drivers under Device Manager
    • Uninstalling the device under Device Manager, and picking up on reboot
    • Installed all Windows 10 Pro updates
    • Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro
    None of these actions has solved the problem. After each, I confirmed that the SD reader is recognized by the BIOS on startup before Windows loads.

Does anyone have any other ideas for what I can try? Should I purchase a new SD card reader and see if it exhibits the same behavior?

JeffreyKramer9, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Internal SD card reader issue in W10Home 32bit

Lenovo Yoga tab 2-1015L, W10 1511, internal SD card reader not working properly. W clean install, Kingston 64GB Micro CDXC with NTFS.

Device Manager shows Generic SD64G SD Card, Microsoft driver from 21.06.2006, version 10.0.10586.0. The Police set to Better performance. In Event Viewer full list Event ID:153 - The IO operation at logical block address .... for Disk1 (PDO name: \Device\.....)
    was retired.

If I use the same SD card in USB card reader then I don't have any problems.

If I use the other micro SD card in integrated SD reader I have the same issue.

In original setup with Windows 8.1 no issues.

How it possible get the working drivers for integrated SD cart reader?

HarryMattiisen, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Internal SD reader

Internal card reader

I use an Akasa ICR-07
    I specifically got this because I had problems finding a card reader that would take the card from my HD camera. This was because the card readers I had supported SD but didn't support SDHC.
    It was the cheapest SDHC supporting card reader I could find, it cost me £7 GBP. It comes with black and biege interchangable fascias. No SATA connection though.

scaminatrix, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Internal SD reader

1. Internal SD reader - Similar Threads - Internal reader

2. Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.: I instaled my internal dvd reader but it isn't recognised in windows, i am using windows 10 22h2i don't know the name of the dvd reader but it says some stufs on it likesuper write mastersamsungdvd multi recordercan yal please help me...
  3. Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.: I instaled my internal dvd reader but it isn't recognised in windows, i am using windows 10 22h2i don't know the name of the dvd reader but it says some stufs on it likesuper write mastersamsungdvd multi recordercan yal please help me...
  4. Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Internal SD Card Reader is not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal SD Card Reader is not detected: I have a Lenovo T450 laptop with Windows 7 installed and it has an internal SD card reader. I installed the drivers for it, which were on the Lenovo website, but it isn't being detected by Windows it doesn't show up in Device Manager and explorer. The files and utilities did...
  6. Internal SD Card Reader is not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal SD Card Reader is not detected: I have a Lenovo T450 laptop with Windows 7 installed and it has an internal SD card reader. I installed the drivers for it, which were on the Lenovo website, but it isn't being detected by Windows it doesn't show up in Device Manager and explorer. The files and utilities did...
  7. Win10 64 Home No Longer Detects Internal Card Reader

Win10 64 Home No Longer Detects Internal Card Reader: 6 Days ago, my internal card reader stopped working. It seems my computer can no longer detect it. It's not in Device Manager. I tried using Troubleshooter, but I have no troubleshooters to use. I tried repair, but that couldn't make nay repairs. My cards work fine in...
  8. Use an internal dvd reader as an external one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use an internal dvd reader as an external one: submitted by /u/martinofalorni [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kexl6r/use_an_internal_dvd_reader_as_an_external_one/
  9. my internal card reader has stopped working

my internal card reader has stopped working: Hi My internal card reader on my Lenovo has stopped working. I recently put the same card into a mac and it worked fine so not the card. And I've tried other cards in the computer and it still doesn't work. I've tried updating all the usb drivers. I can't actually find...
  10. TEAC Internal SD Card Reader

TEAC Internal SD Card Reader: Hello, After upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 10 Pro 32bit, the internal TEAC USB SD Card drive letters don't display in My Computer, however the drives are displaced in Device Manager. Thank you....