Windows 10: Internal Speaker driver deleted after Windows 10 Update (Pictures Included)

Discus and support Internal Speaker driver deleted after Windows 10 Update (Pictures Included) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an Inspiron 13-5378 I updated my Windows and found that my laptop did not detect any speaker. I checked my drivers and there were only my BT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kushagra_Sharma_2609, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Internal Speaker driver deleted after Windows 10 Update (Pictures Included)

I have an Inspiron 13-5378

I updated my Windows and found that my laptop did not detect any speaker. I checked my drivers and there were only my BT earbuds drivers there. I'm confused because there is a waves maxx icon in my tray but that's not in device manager either. Within the system devices section, I found an exclamation mark on 'High Definition Audio Controller' and am pretty sure that's related to my problem but don't know how to rectify it.

submitted by /u/Kushagra_Sharma_2609
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kushagra_Sharma_2609, Aug 14, 2020
  2. musek Win User

ATI Driver install problems

Hi!

There seems to be a kind of a mess after deletion of your current driver.
    Have you tried step-by-step drivers update procedure including Driver Sweeper, deleting Prefetch and Temp folders, etc?

musek, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Switching off internal computer speakers

This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the
    internal speakers and just have the external sound system working. A previous contributor suggested that Microsoft had a solution to this bug but wouldn't elaborate. This seemed very childish.

I ask the question again: Could someone give a step by step process for switching off internal computer speakers AND leaving the external speakers working. I have tried every setting but nothing fixes the problem. Surely this isn't rocket science and
    it would be easy for Microsoft to write a bug fix???

Lack of action just infuriates users unnecessarily.

JohnTrevorXX, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Internal Speaker driver deleted after Windows 10 Update (Pictures Included)

windows 10 ruined my internal speakers

Hi,

Method 1: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install latest speaker drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the speaker drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Jenith_James, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Internal Speaker driver deleted after Windows 10 Update (Pictures Included)

1. Internal Speaker driver deleted after Windows 10 Update (Pictures Included) - Similar Threads - Internal Speaker driver

2. Speakers not working after driver update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers not working after driver update.: Hi! I am having a speaker problem. I am in Windows 11 and I am having a speaker problem since a driver update. This is a fresh new laptop and since this update sound from websites like Youtube are not played but video playback from my files is properly working.Please address...
  3. Speakers not working after driver update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers not working after driver update.: Hi! I am having a speaker problem. I am in Windows 11 and I am having a speaker problem since a driver update. This is a fresh new laptop and since this update sound from websites like Youtube are not played but video playback from my files is properly working.Please address...
  4. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  5. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  6. unable to find internal speakers in my pc after updating to window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to find internal speakers in my pc after updating to window: recently i have upgraded to win 10 from window 7 earlie i had internal speakers installed in my cpu but now after update i am unable to use them i had checked in the list of speakers and unable to find internal spekars tried downloading driver of realtek too but didnt...
  7. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Speakers: Where do I find my internal speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/fad8aded-c6c6-4c95-9782-d4909ad2506a
  8. Win 10 - 2004 update - internal speakers but no headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 - 2004 update - internal speakers but no headphones: My Lenovo x 64 desktop updated to win 10 2004 today. I have audio from the internal speakers but when I plug in the earphones there is no audio and the internal speakers keep playing Any fix?...
  9. Internal speakers and touchscreen stopped working after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal speakers and touchscreen stopped working after reinstalling windows 10: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.Internal speakers and touchscreen stopped working after reinstalling windows 10. I have tried everything on previous posts. Still no solution. My laptop is Lenovo MiiX 300-101BY. Regards Jo...
  10. Internal speakers not found after using bluetooth speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal speakers not found after using bluetooth speakers: I listened to bluetooth speakers and after i turned them off, Lenover laptop does not detect speakers. i checked the drivers and removed the bluetooth spaeaker in bluetooth settings, restarted. still no speakers found....