Windows 10: internal speaker/sound system

Discus and support internal speaker/sound system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my realtek sound is grey out and I can not use the system speaker, only an attached device, how can I make the internal sound/speaker operational... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VeraSwengbe, Apr 24, 2019.

1. internal speaker/sound system

my realtek sound is grey out and I can not use the system speaker, only an attached device, how can I make the internal sound/speaker operational again?

:)

VeraSwengbe, Apr 24, 2019

2. Switching off internal computer speakers

This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the
    internal speakers and just have the external sound system working. A previous contributor suggested that Microsoft had a solution to this bug but wouldn't elaborate. This seemed very childish.

I ask the question again: Could someone give a step by step process for switching off internal computer speakers AND leaving the external speakers working. I have tried every setting but nothing fixes the problem. Surely this isn't rocket science and
    it would be easy for Microsoft to write a bug fix???

Lack of action just infuriates users unnecessarily.

JohnTrevorXX, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Had sound; unhooked to repair another computer; now sound from internal speaker o n l y ! !

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. What exactly do you mean by "internal speaker"?

3. Is there any audio port in the monitor?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "playback devices".

2. If the monitor speaker is listed, check if its enabled.

3. If its enabled, set it as default and check if it helps.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 24, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

internal speaker/sound system

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue internal speaker/sound system :p

cadaveca, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

internal speaker/sound system

1. internal speaker/sound system - Similar Threads - internal speaker sound

2. Internal speakers not recognised and sound not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal speakers not recognised and sound not working.: Hey!I have had my HP Z book for a while now and my audio has stopped working for over 3/4th year now. I know, i should have let it fixed in the warranty but oh well... anyway. After 3/4th year im done with always having to use bluetooth headphones and never being able to use...
  3. Internal speakers not recognised and sound not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal speakers not recognised and sound not working.: Hey!I have had my HP Z book for a while now and my audio has stopped working for over 3/4th year now. I know, i should have let it fixed in the warranty but oh well... anyway. After 3/4th year im done with always having to use bluetooth headphones and never being able to use...
  4. Internal speakers not recognised and sound not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  6. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  7. Internal Speakers

Internal Speakers: Where do I find my internal speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/fad8aded-c6c6-4c95-9782-d4909ad2506a
  8. Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers: Use Windows 10 PC (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041) and a pair of HC Gamerlife Headphones (ASIN: B07BHYZFLF). They have been working fine, but recently (within the last day or so) any audio I play on the computer comes out through both the headphones and the computer's...
  9. Sound/internal speakers suddenly not working

Sound/internal speakers suddenly not working: Sound will not work. Windows 10, have performed sound system scan for repair and reboot as instructed. Nothing. Looking under 'manage sound devices' no device listed - so I can't "enable". Sound has worked before. How do I get the system to recognize the built in...
  10. no sound plays through internal speakers

no sound plays through internal speakers: I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists its location at HDMI...