Windows 10: Internal speaker stoped working / shows no speaker hooked up.

Discus and support Internal speaker stoped working / shows no speaker hooked up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a1 year old HP Envy all in one 27" computer. I am not sure when, but there is no longer a connection to the internal audio speaker. I can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ScottG_507, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Internal speaker stoped working / shows no speaker hooked up.

I have a1 year old HP Envy all in one 27" computer. I am not sure when, but there is no longer a connection to the internal audio speaker. I can only connect to a Bluetooth speaker. I went through all the recommended updates. when I look at sound settings, the choose your output device shows no output devices connected. Not sure how this happened or how to fix it.

:)

ScottG_507, Mar 25, 2020

2. Switching off internal computer speakers

This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the
    internal speakers and just have the external sound system working. A previous contributor suggested that Microsoft had a solution to this bug but wouldn't elaborate. This seemed very childish.

I ask the question again: Could someone give a step by step process for switching off internal computer speakers AND leaving the external speakers working. I have tried every setting but nothing fixes the problem. Surely this isn't rocket science and
    it would be easy for Microsoft to write a bug fix???

Lack of action just infuriates users unnecessarily.

JohnTrevorXX, Mar 25, 2020
  3. jimburke6 Win User
    speaker hook up

I tried hooking up my speakers after having to move my system. They are not working. I have the connect wire into my tower. The speaker does not come on

jimburke6, Mar 25, 2020
  4. tmasierra Win User

Internal speaker stoped working / shows no speaker hooked up.

How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. Windows 10. Incredibly I was innocently dusting my Del laptop keys when my computer sound (usually set on Pandora music) was muted, showing an 'x' over speaker icon on taskbar. Previously I could just click it to get it unmuted. This time it took about two hours of my time. Now I have sound coming out of both my external speakers and my internal speakers, when previously just plugging in my external speakers would mute my internal, or built-in, speakers. Is there any way I can mute my internal speakers without muting my external speakers without spending the rest of the day in troubleshooting, involving detailed examination of my motherboard and countless other steps?
    Thanks for listening!
    tma

tmasierra, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Internal speaker stoped working / shows no speaker hooked up.

1. Internal speaker stoped working / shows no speaker hooked up. - Similar Threads - Internal speaker stoped

2. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  3. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  4. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Speakers: Where do I find my internal speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/fad8aded-c6c6-4c95-9782-d4909ad2506a
  5. speaker hook up

in Windows 10 Customization
    speaker hook up: I tried hooking up my speakers after having to move my system. They are not working. I have the connect wire into my tower. The speaker does not come on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-hook-up/e5db43f0-44ca-4558-b503-e7236bdea2bc
  6. Internal Speakers not working

Internal Speakers not working: For awhile now whenever I'd join a discord, the group voice chat application, my audio wouldn't pick up until I messed with the settings a thousand times. To try to solve this, I plugged in a headset. For some reason that seemed to wipe out my internal speakers all together....
  7. Internal Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal Speakers not working: For awhile now whenever I'd join a discord, the group voice chat application, my audio wouldn't pick up until I messed with the settings a thousand times. To try to solve this, I plugged in a headset. For some reason that seemed to wipe out my internal speakers all together....
  8. Monitor(With speakers)/Speaker showing up as "Not Plugged In"

Monitor(With speakers)/Speaker showing up as "Not Plugged In": Okay so I've had this problem for a while and I didn't really bother to try and fix it before now. https://i.imgur.com/1Cz6fES.png https://i.imgur.com/TnN7PIt.png I have NO CLUE why I have so many devices, but the thing is that the only available audio is through a...
  9. internal speakers and headphones not working

internal speakers and headphones not working: Hello everyone I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, and since i did my internal speakers and my headphones are not working anymore. I have a microphone called blue yeti wich can be used as an output. It's the only output that works for me. If i go to the audio output...
  10. Hooking Up Speakers

Hooking Up Speakers: Hi, I was hooking up some old external speakers to my newer laptop. the old external speakers has a green jack which I think is a audio line-in cable? My laptop doesn't have line-in or line-out jacks. Instead it has a microphone and headphone jack. I can sort of hook...