Windows 10: internal speakers and microphone not recognized

Discus and support internal speakers and microphone not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Reloaded windows 10 and speakers and microphone not showing on device manager and not detected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlSilverman, Aug 24, 2020.

1. internal speakers and microphone not recognized

Reloaded windows 10 and speakers and microphone not showing on device manager and not detected

:)

AlSilverman, Aug 24, 2020

2. Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see Windows Phones for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Aug 24, 2020
  3. JEM5180 Win User
    Internal Microphone; Gone After Windows 10 Upgrade

My internal laptop microphone worked until I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I first noticed upon entering a Zoom meeting and no recording devices were recognized. This was one day after successfully using the microphone with Windows 7. Here are observations
    from what I've tried:

• I have allowed mic access in privacy settings
    • There's no input device found in the sound settings
    • I can't "test" the microphone because it's not recognizing one
    • When I "troubleshoot," the device list shows two microphones; however, it refers to audio jacks, not an internal microphone
    • I went to the Device Manager to see if I could update the microphone drivers; however, no drivers are listed here to update
    I'm at a loss for next steps. How do I get Windows 10 to recognize the microphone in my laptop following the Windows 10 upgrade?

internal speakers and microphone not recognized 221ec016-8a1e-4f98-8cdf-d69a0fc4afe9?upload=true.jpg

internal speakers and microphone not recognized 86668caf-ac93-450a-9c5a-65771280c62c?upload=true.jpg

JEM5180, Aug 24, 2020
  4. internal speakers and microphone not recognized

How can I make a Base Microphone work without it turning off the speakers?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. Let me help you.

As per the description Microphone should work without turning off the speakers.

I suggest you follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon.

• Select playback devices option.

• Now select the speaker as default.

• Now go to recording devices option and select the microphone as default and click on apply.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

internal speakers and microphone not recognized

1. internal speakers and microphone not recognized - Similar Threads - internal speakers microphone

2. Internal speakers not recognized as device, how do I get the internal speakers back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal speakers not recognized as device, how do I get the internal speakers back?: I have a Dell Latitude 5430 running Windows 11. Audio output settings correctly showed both internal speakers and USB headphones. I had a temporary problem with headphones and mistakenly clicked "Don't Allow" button on the internal speakers in System>Sound>Properties. Now the...
  3. Internal speakers not recognized as device, how do I get the internal speakers back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal speakers not recognized as device, how do I get the internal speakers back?: I have a Dell Latitude 5430 running Windows 11. Audio output settings correctly showed both internal speakers and USB headphones. I had a temporary problem with headphones and mistakenly clicked "Don't Allow" button on the internal speakers in System>Sound>Properties. Now the...
  4. Microphone and Speaker Not Recognized After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone and Speaker Not Recognized After Windows Update: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. After installing some updates, both my microphone and speaker are no longer recognized. In the Device Manager, I see ‘Intel High-Definition DSP’ listed under the ‘Other Devices’ category. My Windows is up-to-date, and I have checked the Intel...
  5. Computer not recognizing internal speakers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizing internal speakers?: I have been using this computer for a bit and i didn't face any problems relating to sound. One day, i tried using my bluetooth headset with it and since then I can't play any sound without them. When they're not connected the icon of the volume shows the red x as if it's...
  6. Computer not recognizing internal speakers?

Computer not recognizing internal speakers?: I have been using this computer for a bit and i didn't face any problems relating to sound. One day, i tried using my bluetooth headset with it and since then I can't play any sound without them. When they're not connected the icon of the volume shows the red x as if it's...
  7. Computer not recognizing internal speakers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 11 Does Not Recognize Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Does Not Recognize Internal Speakers: I downloaded Windows 11 today directly not thru windows update. Post update my internal speakers with Realtek drivers are not recognized! I know they work because when I power on my laptop "chirps." Acer Predator Helios 300. The health check says my laptop meets all...
  9. Windows 11 Does Not Recognize Internal Speakers

Windows 11 Does Not Recognize Internal Speakers: I downloaded Windows 11 today directly not thru windows update. Post update my internal speakers with Realtek drivers are not recognized! I know they work because when I power on my laptop "chirps." Acer Predator Helios 300. The health check says my laptop meets all...
  10. iMac running Windows does not recognize internal speakers or microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iMac running Windows does not recognize internal speakers or microphone.: Hello. I have a Mid-2011 iMac that I installed Windows on using a USB boot drive I made. I did not use boot camp as it is only available on newer Macs. No audio comes out and there is a red X next to the speaker symbol on the taskbar. The speaker troubleshooting wizard...