Windows 10: Internal Speakers are not working, but if I plug in headphones I can hear audio perfectly.

Discus and support Internal Speakers are not working, but if I plug in headphones I can hear audio perfectly. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title states, audio is only working through headphones or through bluetooth/normal speakers. The internal speakers are not working on my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Strife910, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Strife910 Win User

Internal Speakers are not working, but if I plug in headphones I can hear audio perfectly.

As the title states, audio is only working through headphones or through bluetooth/normal speakers. The internal speakers are not working on my laptop. It is an HP Omen 15 running on Windows 10 Home 64-bit. (10.0, Build 18362).

No, my volume is not muted on my laptop.

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the Audio Drivers.

Yes, I have restarted my laptop after any of the changes to the drivers.

Yes, I have used the Audio Troubleshooting that comes with Windows 10 (it didn't work because I have no sound).

Yes, I have uninstalled the Windows updates that seemingly caused this issue.

Yes, I have tried wiggling around a toothpick/bobby pin inside the audio jack.

:)

Strife910, Sep 19, 2019

2. Internal Speakers are not working, but if I plug in headphones I can hear audio perfectly.

As the title states, audio is only working through headphones or through bluetooth/normal speakers. The internal speakers are not working on my laptop. All I am hearing is an occasional beep from it. It is a Dell XPS 15 9550.

No, my volume is not muted on my laptop.

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the Audio Drivers.

Yes, I have restarted my laptop after any of the changes to the drivers.

Yes, I have used the Audio Troubleshooting that comes with Windows 10 (it didn't work because I have no sound).

RIPDan2k16, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

Just downloaded the most recent Windows 10 update. But now, even when my headphones are plugged in, I get audio from both the headphone and the internal speakers. Instead of a separate "speaker" and "headphone" sections in the sounds menu, it's listed
    as "Speaker/Headphone." Surely, this is not a feature people wanted. There is no problem when using Bluetooth headphones, just the audio jack.

MidKnight Swami, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Internal Speakers are not working, but if I plug in headphones I can hear audio perfectly.

Why does plugging headphone jack in stop internal speakers to working (even after headphones are unplugged)?

I recently bought a Dell latitude E6420 i5-2520M 8GB and I am experiencing a very annoying issue with the speakers.

The sound coming from the laptop's internal speakers works until I plug the headphone jack into the computer for the first time. When I unplug the headphones, the internal speakers do not come back on.

What I have tried so far with no success:

• Uninstall and reinstall audio/sound drivers
    • Tried Realtek drivers
    • Disabled headphones
    • Recovery and reinstall Windows 10

Every time I uninstall and reinstall the sound drivers the speakers start to work again until I plug in and then remove the headphones.

How can I resolve this?

Marcellinov, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Internal Speakers are not working, but if I plug in headphones I can hear audio perfectly.

1. Internal Speakers are not working, but if I plug in headphones I can hear audio perfectly. - Similar Threads - Internal Speakers are

2. i can hear the audio on my speaker and my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can hear the audio on my speaker and my headphones: i downloaded an audio driver but when i listen to something i can hear it on my speaker and on my heaphones so i try to download an another audio driver but the second audio driver deletes himself en the first one how can i fix thix?...
  3. i can hear the audio on my speaker and my headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can hear the audio on my speaker and my headphones: i downloaded an audio driver but when i listen to something i can hear it on my speaker and on my heaphones so i try to download an another audio driver but the second audio driver deletes himself en the first one how can i fix thix?...
  4. i can hear the audio on my speaker and my headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker

No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker: My laptop cannot recognize the internal speakers. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting my computer, but it did not reinstall the driver. When I run the sound troubleshooter, it says "No output device found." It appears that my laptop can't recognize my speakers as a...
  6. Audio Issues "No speakers or headphones plugged in."

Audio Issues "No speakers or headphones plugged in.": Hello everyone, 2019 iMac 21.5 windows bootcamp my audio isn't working and whenever I hover over it, it says "No speakers or headphones plugged in." But I have my headphones plugged in and it says that all of my PC's built in speakers all unplugged, but they're all plugged...
  7. I can not hear anything from my speakers or headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can not hear anything from my speakers or headphones: The problem first started with a "Audio service stopped working " issue out of no where and I watched some youtube videos on this and I have managed to regain the volume option back but there is still no output from my speakers. Please help I dont know what to do submitted...
  8. My Audio isnt working it says no speakers or headphones plugged in and I can't hear anything

My Audio isnt working it says no speakers or headphones plugged in and I can't hear anything: Tite above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-isnt-working-it-says-no-speakers-or/8c4967aa-d092-4bd7-a255-e1f674a35212
  9. audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"

audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in": hi, i've been having serious audio issues with my computer, an asus x555ya, for almost three weeks now. the sound icon on my taskbar has a red x on it. i've tried every single solution on the internet to no avail; attempted to update/reinstall my audio driver only to find out...
  10. internal speakers and headphones not working

internal speakers and headphones not working: Hello everyone I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, and since i did my internal speakers and my headphones are not working anymore. I have a microphone called blue yeti wich can be used as an output. It's the only output that works for me. If i go to the audio output...