Windows 10: Internal speakers don't work after Windows 10 clean installation

Discus and support Internal speakers don't work after Windows 10 clean installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an older HP Touchsmart which I upgraded from W7 to W10 several years ago with no problem. I recently received an alert from Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MsCaimbeul, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Internal speakers don't work after Windows 10 clean installation

I have an older HP Touchsmart which I upgraded from W7 to W10 several years ago with no problem. I recently received an alert from Microsoft recommending a clean re-installation of Windows 10 for some functionality issue, so I initiated the recommended fix. While the reinstallation was going on, I heard the internal speakers make a "power on" pop noise and when the installation finished, the speakers no longer work. I can use a Bluetooth headset just fine, but no more speakers or corded headphones. I went through the >uninstall>search for hardware changes>update driver sequence and got an error message saying "Windows found drivers for your device but encountered a problem while attempting to install them." And "A device attached to the system is not functioning." I assume that would be the speakers. I'm looking to get a new desktop anyway, but I'm just really curious if this can be fixed. Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

MsCaimbeul, Nov 25, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Valeriu Win User
    Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Internal speakers don't work after Windows 10 clean installation [​IMG]

Valeriu, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Internal speakers don't work after Windows 10 clean installation

Delta6326, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Internal speakers don't work after Windows 10 clean installation

1. Internal speakers don't work after Windows 10 clean installation - Similar Threads - Internal speakers don't

2. Laptop built-in speakers don't work after clean installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop built-in speakers don't work after clean installation: To whom it may concern,This question is about an issue in relation to my laptop's speakers. I had a folder that would keep appearing after trying to delete it so I decided to perform a clean installation of Windows 11. However, after installing Windows 11, I noticed that my...
  3. Laptop built-in speakers don't work after clean installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop built-in speakers don't work after clean installation: To whom it may concern,This question is about an issue in relation to my laptop's speakers. I had a folder that would keep appearing after trying to delete it so I decided to perform a clean installation of Windows 11. However, after installing Windows 11, I noticed that my...
  4. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Speakers: Where do I find my internal speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/fad8aded-c6c6-4c95-9782-d4909ad2506a
  5. USB speakers don't work in windows 10

USB speakers don't work in windows 10: Hi, I am trying to use my IT NB20 USB speakers on recently updated to windows 10 computers. Under Windows 7 everything was OK but now there is no sound on these speakers. In mmsys.cpl speakers are recognized but if I try to test or configure I get unsupported format error....
  6. Speakers not dtected after Windows 10 clean install

Speakers not dtected after Windows 10 clean install: I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Home 64 on my PC I now have no sound through my speakers or headphone jack (the sound worked before and I've tried all the standard fixes from Microsoft). Originally all I saw in the Sound output and in the sound control panel...
  7. Internal speakers and touchscreen stopped working after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal speakers and touchscreen stopped working after reinstalling windows 10: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.Internal speakers and touchscreen stopped working after reinstalling windows 10. I have tried everything on previous posts. Still no solution. My laptop is Lenovo MiiX 300-101BY. Regards Jo...
  8. Internal Speakers not working

Internal Speakers not working: For awhile now whenever I'd join a discord, the group voice chat application, my audio wouldn't pick up until I messed with the settings a thousand times. To try to solve this, I plugged in a headset. For some reason that seemed to wipe out my internal speakers all together....
  9. Internal Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal Speakers not working: For awhile now whenever I'd join a discord, the group voice chat application, my audio wouldn't pick up until I messed with the settings a thousand times. To try to solve this, I plugged in a headset. For some reason that seemed to wipe out my internal speakers all together....
  10. internal speakers and headphones not working

internal speakers and headphones not working: Hello everyone I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, and since i did my internal speakers and my headphones are not working anymore. I have a microphone called blue yeti wich can be used as an output. It's the only output that works for me. If i go to the audio output...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internal speakers dont work windows 10

2. upgraded to windows 10 and internal speakers dont work