Windows 10: Internal speakers not detected

Discus and support Internal speakers not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell G5 15 computer. One day a popup from dell asked me to install some updates. I clicked install, and restarted the computer. When it booted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CamWtheDestroyer, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Internal speakers not detected

I have a Dell G5 15 computer. One day a popup from dell asked me to install some updates. I clicked install, and restarted the computer. When it booted up again, The audio symbol in the bottom right corner had a red circle with an X in it. The audio wasn't playing, the special keys wouldn't change the audio, so I clicked it. It opened a troubleshooter, which could find the problem, but couldn't fix it. The problem is the computer does not recognize that it has speakers. I opened up the settings for audio, chose other settings, and there was no audio device listed. The diagnostics said that Intel SST OED has a driver problem. Please tell me if you know how to fix this.

:)

CamWtheDestroyer, Mar 3, 2019

2. Switching off internal computer speakers

This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the
    internal speakers and just have the external sound system working. A previous contributor suggested that Microsoft had a solution to this bug but wouldn't elaborate. This seemed very childish.

I ask the question again: Could someone give a step by step process for switching off internal computer speakers AND leaving the external speakers working. I have tried every setting but nothing fixes the problem. Surely this isn't rocket science and
    it would be easy for Microsoft to write a bug fix???

Lack of action just infuriates users unnecessarily.

JohnTrevorXX, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Internal Conexant Audio speakers are "unconnected"

Hi,

For further assistance regarding the "unconnected" status of your internal audio speaker, we would like to gather more information:

• Was the update installed manually or automatically?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Internal speakers not detected

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Internal speakers not detected

1. Internal speakers not detected - Similar Threads - Internal speakers detected

2. Cannot detect internal speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot detect internal speakers.: Hello everybody,I've been losing connection to the internal speakers for the last few days. My laptop simply doesn't detect that my built-in speakers are connected. I've tried uninstalling the drivers, but Device Manager won't automatically detect and reinstall the Realtek...
  3. Cannot detect internal speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot detect internal speakers.: Hello everybody,I've been losing connection to the internal speakers for the last few days. My laptop simply doesn't detect that my built-in speakers are connected. I've tried uninstalling the drivers, but Device Manager won't automatically detect and reinstall the Realtek...
  4. Cannot detect internal speakers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  6. Internal Speakers

Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  7. Windows 11 not detecting internal speakers in Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not detecting internal speakers in Asus laptop: I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo with internal Realtek speakers. When I upgrade to Windows 11 it will not detect my speakers at all. I have done Troubleshoot which tells me my device is unplugged, which is not the case because they work fine in 10. I have updated the drivers to...
  8. Windows 11 not detecting internal speakers in Asus laptop

Windows 11 not detecting internal speakers in Asus laptop: I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo with internal Realtek speakers. When I upgrade to Windows 11 it will not detect my speakers at all. I have done Troubleshoot which tells me my device is unplugged, which is not the case because they work fine in 10. I have updated the drivers to...
  9. pc not able to to detect any internal speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc not able to to detect any internal speaker: i have recently updated from window 7 to win 10 my pc now is not able to detect any internal speakers when i checked the it in sunond>control pannel i wass unable to find internal spakers i trieed to downlaod realtk audio drivers but it didnt work...
  10. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Speakers: Where do I find my internal speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/fad8aded-c6c6-4c95-9782-d4909ad2506a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internal speakers not detected

2. windows 10 internal speaker not detected

3. windows 10 internal speakers not detected