Windows 10: internal speakers - not sure if my problem is a setting

Discus and support internal speakers - not sure if my problem is a setting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got a new Dell Optiplex 990 a few days ago. It was working fine until I plugged it into a Samsung 244T 24 inch monitor older monitor. I am learning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mac-Sterling, Jun 22, 2022.

1. internal speakers - not sure if my problem is a setting

I got a new Dell Optiplex 990 a few days ago. It was working fine until I plugged it into a Samsung 244T 24 inch monitor older monitor. I am learning how to move around in WIN 10 as I had been using windows 7 before. At some point I noticed that there was no sound coming from the computer there are no speakers no speakers in the Samsung. I plugged the computer back into my Acer monitor which I had been using before the Samsung with no problems. I figured that maybe I had set something while I was poking around on the Samsung. It is the internal computer speakers and not the audio

:)

Mac-Sterling, Jun 22, 2022

2. Switching off internal computer speakers

This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the
    internal speakers and just have the external sound system working. A previous contributor suggested that Microsoft had a solution to this bug but wouldn't elaborate. This seemed very childish.

I ask the question again: Could someone give a step by step process for switching off internal computer speakers AND leaving the external speakers working. I have tried every setting but nothing fixes the problem. Surely this isn't rocket science and
    it would be easy for Microsoft to write a bug fix???

Lack of action just infuriates users unnecessarily.

JohnTrevorXX, Jun 22, 2022
  3. StevePYYZ Win User
    no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

StevePYYZ, Jun 22, 2022
  4. internal speakers - not sure if my problem is a setting

Speaker problem

Try this out:

Right-click the sound icon near the clock and choose Playback devices. Then, make sure your internal speakers are set as the default in the list.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

internal speakers - not sure if my problem is a setting

1. internal speakers - not sure if my problem is a setting - Similar Threads - internal speakers sure

2. internal speakers - not sure if my problem is a setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal speakers - not sure if my problem is a setting: I got a new Dell Optiplex 990 a few days ago. It was working fine until I plugged it into a Samsung 244T 24 inch monitor older monitor. I am learning how to move around in WIN 10 as I had been using windows 7 before. At some point I noticed that there was no sound coming from...
  3. internal speakers - not sure if my problem is a setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    internal speakers - not sure if my problem is a setting: I got a new Dell Optiplex 990 a few days ago. It was working fine until I plugged it into a Samsung 244T 24 inch monitor older monitor. I am learning how to move around in WIN 10 as I had been using windows 7 before. At some point I noticed that there was no sound coming from...
  4. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  5. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  6. my internal speaker is missing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my internal speaker is missing.: my galaxy buds+ was not working smoothly and it got disconnected from my laptop at one point. when I used the troubleshoot it said I need to change my default speaker to my galaxy buds, so I did. now when I disconnect my buds. there is no speaker. no sound. what am I gonna...
  7. Internal Speakers

Internal Speakers: Where do I find my internal speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/fad8aded-c6c6-4c95-9782-d4909ad2506a
  8. About internal speaker on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About internal speaker on my computer: Greg, I don't know if you have any answer to this one as it's a different problem that i had before on the other motherboard and i am just not able to get it resolved. This has to do with the internal speaker. I had the exact same problem with the old motherboard that they...
  9. Problem with internal speakers and touchscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with internal speakers and touchscreen: I have an issue with Lenovo MiiX 300-101BY Since last week after reinstallation of Windows 10, internal speakers and touchscreen has not been working. I don’t know how to sort it out....
  10. Internal Speakers not working

Internal Speakers not working: For awhile now whenever I'd join a discord, the group voice chat application, my audio wouldn't pick up until I messed with the settings a thousand times. To try to solve this, I plugged in a headset. For some reason that seemed to wipe out my internal speakers all together....