Windows 10: Internal SSD shown in Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

Discus and support Internal SSD shown in Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem with two of my SSD's showing up as removable and non internal when they're mounted inside my PC. One has my operating system on it so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Redwolf, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Redwolf Win User

Internal SSD shown in Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

I have a problem with two of my SSD's showing up as removable and non internal when they're mounted inside my PC. One has my operating system on it so I'm hesitant to remove that one, but the other one only has games on it so I can use that for testing purposes. Here's some of what I've tried based on scouring forums and the internet: Disabling write caching (on or off no change), disabling hotswap in the BIOS (they were already set to off), and trying to update my Intel Chipset (Intel doesn't support drivers or something for Windows 10, of course I had this same problem in Windows 7, and I did a clean install of 10).

I'm using IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers - Standard SATA AHCI Controller

I also tried installing the Intel Rapid Storage technology which didn't really do anything other that confirm that its only detecting the SSD's it considers "internal". I have since deleted it because it was useless.

Internal SSD shown in Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media [​IMG]

If I go into the properties for my drive, the one that it thinks is external (oddly enough it also thinks it's internal as shown above) either in the Device Manager or where ever, it shows that there's a portable partition on it (its listed under Disk Drives and Portable Devices). When I go to the tab for Events under the portable one, it says Device install required and Device not migrated. I should also mention I have Samsung SSD's and I installed Samsung Magician, though I'm not 100% sure why other than it came with the drive. The issue may have started with that software because I don't remember the problem being present after the clean install.

I tried tackling this problem several months ago to no avail. Here's the previous post, peoples fixes and my results in each separate case.

SSD shown in Safetly Remove Hardware and Eject Media - Windows 10 Forums

:)

Redwolf, Aug 25, 2016

2. Safely remove hardware and eject media

Downloaded and did a full scan when I went to work, nothing was found

Jack Smook, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

"it doesn't see a removable device" How do I know what device to stop if it doesn't see anything? I see a little check mark symbol on the icon. I guess I'm just confused as to why the icon needs to show when nothing is removable. I don't "need" to stop
    a device. I have a wireless printer and 2 USB receivers for my keyboard & mouse.

Frank43073, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

Internal SSD shown in Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

1. Internal SSD shown in Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media - Similar Threads - Internal SSD shown

2. "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" message is not shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" message is not shown: After I click the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon, the icon disappears like it should but no message appears to indicate the action is complete and that it is indeed safe to remove the media. This message always used to appear but suddenly quit being displayed....
  3. "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" message is not shown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" message is not shown: After I click the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon, the icon disappears like it should but no message appears to indicate the action is complete and that it is indeed safe to remove the media. This message always used to appear but suddenly quit being displayed....
  4. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Since upgrading to Windows 10 v20H2 I have had problems ejecting all of my USB drives from the notification tray. They all show up in File Explorer and if I right click I can eject them from there. They do not show up in the list that appears when I click "Safely Remove...
  5. Remove ""Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove ""Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media": Is there any way to remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon? I tried with the batch file & changing in the settings but both do not work, batch file gives me an error and in settings, it just does not appear in "Turn system icons on or off". Also if this is...
  6. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Hi everyone. I have got a new PC with windows 10 on it however, when I attach an external hard drive to it and need to remove it, I click on "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media". everything goes normal but I do not get the message that say "Save to remove hardware". I...
  7. Remove Internal Hard Drive From Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media

Remove Internal Hard Drive From Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media: I have an older computer, and have had trouble getting working SATA controller drivers for it, so I have had to revert the Marvell SATA/RAID driver back to Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver. Doing this has fixed my problems mostly, but now my internal hard drives show up...
  8. Safely Remove Hardware/Eject Media

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely Remove Hardware/Eject Media: When using this feature in Windows 10, I used to get an on-screen message saying when it was safe to disconnect the device. Several months ago I stopped getting this message. Any ideas why?...
  9. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Over the last several days, I have been installing and grooming Windows 10 and other programs on my PC. Suddenly and for no apparent reason the taskbar icon "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" disappeared. I typically have an external harddrive plugged in to a rear USB...
  10. SSD shown in Safetly Remove Hardware and Eject Media

SSD shown in Safetly Remove Hardware and Eject Media: I have a problem with two of my SSD's showing up as removable and non internal. One has my operating system on it so I'm hesitant to remove that one, but the other one only has games on it so I can use that for testing purposes. Here's some of what I've tried based on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung ssd shows in safely remove hardware