Windows 10: Internal System Restore shows multiple drives C?

Discus and support Internal System Restore shows multiple drives C? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm struggling with another problem on my PC, which is probably caused by malware (blocking user control), despite Kaspersky. I have solved similar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fanclub75, Jul 10, 2020.

1. fanclub75 Win User

Internal System Restore shows multiple drives C?

I'm struggling with another problem on my PC, which is probably caused by malware (blocking user control), despite Kaspersky.

I have solved similar software problems in the past with System Restore, which removed damaged or malicious installations.

But when I call the restore now, I find in the list 2 drives with "C" and a system drive.

Internal System Restore shows multiple drives C? 0_big.jpg

After clicking the "System Restore" button and selecting the oldest item (which probably caused the other problem) I find this:

Internal System Restore shows multiple drives C? 1_big.jpg

How can several drives "C" be created, where does this phenomenon come from?

Is it still possible to let it run on C (Ready to restore) or is there something wrong?

:)

fanclub75, Jul 10, 2020
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CInternal System Restore shows multiple drives C? :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CInternal System Restore shows multiple drives C? :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows 10 System Restore Show More Restore Points Box Missing and Restore Points Being Deleted or Missing

Hi Steven,

There are several reasons why the Show more restore points check box is missing. Some of these are the following:

• You run out of disk space on the system drive or on any one of the available non-system drives, and System Restore stops responding and stops monitoring your system.
    • You manually turn System Restore off.
    • You upgrade from one operating system to another or you reinstall the operating system

In your case, as you have reinstalled Windows, it's possible that all restore points are deleted, that's why the
    Show more restore points check box is not appearing. Did you delete all the partitions when you reinstall Windows? If yes, then all the manually and automatically created restore points will disappear. For further isolation of the issue, we suggest that
    you create a new restore point and monitor if it will disappear in a few days just like the others.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Aug 4, 2020
  4. mb300e Win User

Multiple SYSTEM drives show in File Explorer.

While doing a system backup today on one of my machines using EaseUs Backup app, it failed to write to the usual folder on a USB external HD. I investigated and found the folder could not indeed be written too. I disconnected the drive and connected it to another PC and found that I could not access the drive there also. The only thing I could do was to reformat it then it worked although all the previous files and folders were gone.

I reconnected the drive to the Laptop, opened File explorer using the “This PC” shortcut on the Desktop and immediately saw that in addition to the original Drive C and D (a partitioned 1TB SSD) I had 7 seven extra System Drives show up as drive E through K. Each with a size of 256 MB.

Internal System Restore shows multiple drives C? [​IMG]

They do not show up in Disk Management. *Huh

Internal System Restore shows multiple drives C? [​IMG]

Any suggestions, I have never encountered this phenomenon before.

mb300e, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Internal System Restore shows multiple drives C? - Similar Threads - Internal System Restore

2. Creating a system image backup from The C drive to the internal D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a system image backup from The C drive to the internal D drive: Hi there,I want to do a clean windows 11 installation and i want to backup my Apps,games,files,documents and etc. Except for the drivers which they're causing problem's.I have 2 SSD drives, 1- C/Drive for system and windows and 2- The D/Drive for anything else...Can i create...
  3. Creating a system image backup from The C drive to the internal D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a system image backup from The C drive to the internal D drive: Hi there,I want to do a clean windows 11 installation and i want to backup my Apps,games,files,documents and etc. Except for the drivers which they're causing problem's.I have 2 SSD drives, 1- C/Drive for system and windows and 2- The D/Drive for anything else...Can i create...
  4. Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive: Been trying to do a dual boot with windows 11 & 10 on my c drive by running a windows 10 usb boot drive to install.It didnt work, windows 10 failing to create a boot setup and i`m left with lots of small 100MB partitions on my c drive. Any idea which i can remove, i`m trying...
  5. Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive

Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive: Been trying to do a dual boot with windows 11 & 10 on my c drive by running a windows 10 usb boot drive to install.It didnt work, windows 10 failing to create a boot setup and i`m left with lots of small 100MB partitions on my c drive. Any idea which i can remove, i`m trying...
  6. System Restore shows a missing C: drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore shows a missing C: drive: W10 Pro 20H2. Went to create a restore point and noticed something amiss. No clue as what this is about. Any help is appreciated in advance. See red notation here: 179606
  7. System Restore shows a missing C: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    System Restore shows a missing C: drive: W10 Pro 20H2. Went to create a restore point and noticed something amiss. No clue as what this is about. Any help is appreciated in advance. See red notation here: 179606
  8. system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives: ok I have been on the insiders program for awhile. I am tired of having to reinstall my system completely when the updates give me BSOD or black screens of death and trying everything to get past it. Anyway, I have tried Macrium, Aomei and Acronis using the usb media recovery...
  9. System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:: what happen is that my DTS wasn't detecting the driver installed after i updated throughwindows update then i tried system restore now the app is functioning the way it should be but now i lost 9GB of storage in my drive C. this is how much system restore is taking....
  10. Multiple SYSTEM drives show in File Explorer.

Multiple SYSTEM drives show in File Explorer.: While doing a system backup today on one of my machines using EaseUs Backup app, it failed to write to the usual folder on a USB external HD. I investigated and found the folder could not indeed be written too. I disconnected the drive and connected it to another PC and found...