Windows 10: internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media

Discus and support internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; initially all was well until I installed a couple of extra hard drives from a previous build. Just hard drives with files and space, no copies of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joshua Golden, Jan 24, 2023.

1. internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media

initially all was well until I installed a couple of extra hard drives from a previous build. Just hard drives with files and space, no copies of windows or anything on them. Booted pc back up to find that my aio and fan controller were listed in the bottom right as ejectable media. I have not found a way to solve this. I don't know what, about adding another hard drive, could have caused this error, but before I added the hard drives, this issue didn't exist. I thought maybe it could have something to do with the added hard drives using sata instead of being m.2 like my others, but why on ear

:)

Joshua Golden, Jan 24, 2023

2. Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

I use to be able to eject my USB drive via "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" with list as below:

- Open Devices and Printers
    - Eject Data Traveler 111
    - USB Drive (Dinternal usb devices being seen as ejectable media :)
    - Eject My Passport Ultra
    - My Passport (Einternal usb devices being seen as ejectable media :)

However recently the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" list seems corrupted and shows:

- Open Devices and Printers
    - USB Drive (Dinternal usb devices being seen as ejectable media :)

- My Passport (Einternal usb devices being seen as ejectable media :)

with { - USB Drive (Dinternal usb devices being seen as ejectable media :) } and { - My Passport (Einternal usb devices being seen as ejectable media :) } are grayed out.

Currently the only way for me is go to file explorer and right click the removable drive and click Eject.

Please help!

Tze Lin Wong, Jan 24, 2023
  3. ejecting a usb drive in 10

Hi Walden,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with accessing Safely Remove and Eject Media USB icon on the taskbar.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "not I can not get it to show up in bottom right lower", are you referring that you are not able to see the Eject USB icon under the show hidden icons?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to understand the system

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Turn on Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Please get back to us with an update on issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 24, 2023
  4. Mark Isi Win User

internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media

Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

Hi Tze Lin Wong,

The configuration to this can be found under settings. To enable this feature follow these steps:

1. Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    2. Under Notification Area, choose
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    3. Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media
      and turn it on.

If this doesn't work, I suggest that you check with your USB drive manufacturer for new drivers or other updates.

All the best.

Mark Isi, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media

1. internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media - Similar Threads - internal usb devices

2. internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media: initially all was well until I installed a couple of extra hard drives from a previous build. Just hard drives with files and space, no copies of windows or anything on them. Booted pc back up to find that my aio and fan controller were listed in the bottom right as ejectable...
  3. internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media: initially all was well until I installed a couple of extra hard drives from a previous build. Just hard drives with files and space, no copies of windows or anything on them. Booted pc back up to find that my aio and fan controller were listed in the bottom right as ejectable...
  4. USB-A hard drive not being ejected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB-A hard drive not being ejected: Almost every time I try to eject my hard drive, my PC prompts that the file is in use and can't be ejected. I've closed all the apps, browsers, bluetooth, wifi, connections, everything. It still says that the file is in use. What the heck is really going on?...
  5. USB-A hard drive not being ejected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-A hard drive not being ejected: Almost every time I try to eject my hard drive, my PC prompts that the file is in use and can't be ejected. I've closed all the apps, browsers, bluetooth, wifi, connections, everything. It still says that the file is in use. What the heck is really going on?...
  6. USB-A hard drive not being ejected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. wireless tv not seen in media devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless tv not seen in media devices: wireless Samsung tv not seen in media devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-tv-not-seen-in-media-devices/eb0e5f99-bb7c-4b80-992d-2442beb4adf5
  8. USB EJECT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB EJECT: When I try to eject a sandisk cruiser device I get a message saing that the volume12 sideband is being used..?what is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-eject/b5b258ae-7e86-4af9-8258-41775b2a4dfa
  9. Problems ejecting usb mass media

Problems ejecting usb mass media: I've looked at many of the previous postings on this issue and found zero useful ways of addressing the "sorry bloke, in use" inanity. Task manager resource monitor assures me nothing is accessing the drive in question, that is, right up to the point where I go through the...
  10. Internal SSD shown in Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

Internal SSD shown in Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: I have a problem with two of my SSD's showing up as removable and non internal when they're mounted inside my PC. One has my operating system on it so I'm hesitant to remove that one, but the other one only has games on it so I can use that for testing purposes. Here's some...