Windows 10: Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop

Discus and support Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, So I'm having an issue with my internal webcam on my laptop Asus UX430UA. Basically whenever I use the windows camera app, skype or any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by x 22 Serbians x, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop

Hey guys, So I'm having an issue with my internal webcam on my laptop Asus UX430UA. Basically whenever I use the windows camera app, skype or any other video service it just shows a black screen, also a white led turns on next to the webcam when using the apps possibly indicating the webcam is on? I tried googling and looking at other forums for months now and seems like no one has a straight answer and/or fix. I tried uninstalling the webcam driver " USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam" and reinstalling and that didn't work, tried looking for an updated driver via Asus driver downloads and there isn't one listed for my model and also made sure all Windows 10 privacy settings are not blocking the webcam from working and that still didn't work. Hopefully someone has a suggestion that I haven't tried yet, here are the details of the driver; Version: 10.0.18362.693, Date: 6/21/2006.
    Thanks in advance!

:)

x 22 Serbians x, Apr 10, 2020

2. Laptop for general use - ASUS UX430UA or Lenovo Flex 5?

Looking to get a new laptop in the coming days/weeks. This will be a general use laptop and I don't plan to play games on it. Price range is around $700-800. Looking for build quality, an SSD, good battery life and some upgradability (battery replacement and SSD upgrades). I know you can't expect a top of the line laptop for this price but I'm trying to balance these aspects as best as possible.

So far I have found the Lenovo Flex 5 14" 81C9000DUS in this price range:
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...79&cm_re=lenovo_flex_5-_-34-850-079-_-Product

And the ASUS Zenbook UX430UA 14" with the following specs:
    • 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7-7500U Dual-Core
    • 8GB DDR4 RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD
    • 14" 1920 x 1080 Anti-Glare Display
    • Built-In Fingerprint Reader
    • Integrated Intel HD Graphics 620
    • SD/MMC Media Card Reader
    • 802.11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi | Bluetooth 4.1
    • USB Type-C | USB 3.0 | Micro HDMI
    • ASUS Nano Bezel Design
    • Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)
    After some searching I can find these two for $750 and about $800 respectively. Does anyone have any input on which of these would be a better choice?

Or if you have any other model/brand suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

Flogger23m, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Webcam for Asus laptop

Hello Michele3330,

My Name is Paul one of the Community Expert and a Windows User like you. I am sorry that your Webcam is not working with your ASUS Laptop. Can you give me the Exact Model of the laptop so I can look for a compatible driver that might resolve this.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop

Webcam only in B/W

Hi Seth,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the model number of the laptop?
    2. Is this an external/internal webcam?
    3. If it’s an external webcam, may I know the make and model of the webcam?

I suggest you to refer the section ‘Roll back your webcam driver’ from the article
    Camera does not work in Windows 10 for the troubleshooting steps.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue with the required information. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop

1. Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop - Similar Threads - Internal webcam working

2. Asus Laptop Internal Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Laptop Internal Speakers not working: Randomly during use, my laptop speakers stop working along with the audio jack. The laptop is a Asus X555Q, and I've tried reinstalling drivers, getting new ones, factory resetting, driver rollback and using dsim. I am currently using windows ten and my laptop is 3.5...
  3. webcam on Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam on Asus laptop: Ny webcam only shows a camera icon with a line through it, no picture or video. I have all access turned on. Why no picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-on-asus-laptop/eb13e78d-d1b6-432a-9299-d84419829de2
  4. Asus laptop USB2.0 VGA webcam stopped working

Asus laptop USB2.0 VGA webcam stopped working: For the past 2 weeks my usb2.0 VGA UVC Webcam built-in on my Asus X409FJ notebook has not been working. I noticed it started this after Windows did some auto updates. I've tried everything, installing re-installing, changing updating drivers, rolling back drivers,...
  5. Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop

Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop: Hey guys, So I'm having an issue with my internal webcam on my laptop (Asus UX430UA). Basically whenever I use the windows camera app, skype or any other video service it just shows a black screen, also a white led turns on next to the webcam when using the apps possibly...
  6. Webcam on Asus nor working

Webcam on Asus nor working: I get the following error message: "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code 45" I have updated the the driver and restarted the PC without success. Please help...
  7. Webcam on ASUS Q500A Not Working

Webcam on ASUS Q500A Not Working: Currently running Windows 10 - 64 Bit OS, x64-based processor During a ZOOM meeting I found that my camera isn't working. All updates are installed. I've done every troubleshoot I could research. Can someone please offer me some guidance. My laptop is older but very...
  8. Webcam for Asus laptop

Webcam for Asus laptop: Hi, I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I have been trying to get my webcam to work without success. When I go to start and right-click on Device Manager , there is not a Camera nor Other. There is Imaging Devices but it only shows my printer. I even contact Asus...
  9. ASUS Laptop webcam will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop webcam will not work: Hi all, I have an ASUS Vivobook laptop running Windows 10 OS Build 18363 752. It has a webcam built-in, but whenever I try to use it with any app I get this image below. I have enabled privacy for all apps including Camera in the Privacy settings on Windows. I have updated...
  10. BSOD Windows 10 on Asus UX430UA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Windows 10 on Asus UX430UA: Hi everyone, I am using an Asus UX430UA laptop i5 8250U, 8GB, UHD 620. Recently, I've encountered a lot of blue screen on my laptop. I would be very appreciated if someone could help me with this problem. I usually left my laptop sleeping on the table. But sometimes,...