Windows 10: Internal_power_Error with Card Reader Adapter

Discus and support Internal_power_Error with Card Reader Adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am getting a blue screen in seconds after inserting my sd card adapter to Yoga 900. However, it works perfect on other computers. The blue screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rich91, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Rich91 Win User

Internal_power_Error with Card Reader Adapter

I am getting a blue screen in seconds after inserting my sd card adapter to Yoga 900. However, it works perfect on other computers. The blue screen says: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR I tried to update drivers, but still experiencing the problem. Then I deleted drivers, and restarted my computer, and reinstalled the card driver, still no help. No problem with the adapter on other computers. Who can help, please?

Internal_power_Error with Card Reader Adapter 1f393518-0cff-4431-8023-b810b7d27ea7?upload=true.jpg

:)

Rich91, Nov 5, 2018

2. card reader

Hi Sam,

To isolate this concern, have you tried adding the card reader to folder as the source file in Photo app? If no, please add it by following the steps below:

• Open Photo app.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Add a folder under Sources.
    • Choose the card reader folder.
    • Click Add this folder to Pictures.

Once done, please check if you can now access the card reader photos.

Keep us posted.

Charianne Per, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Problem with card readers after mirgration to Win10

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.

3. Click on Troubleshooting.

4. Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Update Card reader driver

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Search for your card reader driver.
    • Right-click on the Card reader driver and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart your system
    Method 3: Uninstall and then re-install Card reader driver

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Search for your card reader driver.
    • Right-click on the Card reader driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your system.
    • Let you system scan for new hardware and install relevant driver for your card reader.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Internal_power_Error with Card Reader Adapter

Card reader not recognised in W10

Hi Reggie,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing regarding the external card reader. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1) Did you try connecting to other USB ports or in other computers?

2) What is the status of this device in device manager? Check if there is a yellow sign or any error code.

3) Is the issue specific to the Card reader or other USB devices?

4) Are you getting any error message or error code?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the Hardware troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and click Troubleshooting
    • Select View all in the right pane.
    • Select Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the latest USB drivers from manufacturer's website and then try connecting the external card reader.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager
    • On the left pane locate “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” and expand by clicking on it.
    • Right on all the USB adapters and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest USB adapter setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Hope this information is helpful regarding the external card reader. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Internal_power_Error with Card Reader Adapter

1. Internal_power_Error with Card Reader Adapter - Similar Threads - Internal_power_Error Card Reader

2. Lenovo Yoga 900. Internal_power_Error with Card Reader Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Yoga 900. Internal_power_Error with Card Reader Adapter: I have same issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internalpowererror-with-card-reader-adapter/0493f1a9-a7fb-47d1-b6e1-17a6851ef179 Copy-Paste: I am getting a blue screen in seconds after inserting my sd card adapter to Yoga 900. However, it works...
  3. Internal_Power_Error with built in Card Reader on Yoga 900 laptop

Internal_Power_Error with built in Card Reader on Yoga 900 laptop: I am getting a blue screen in seconds after inserting my sd card into the built in reader on my Yoga 900. I can use a SanDisk adapter into the USB C socket ok. The blue screen says: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR I tried to update drivers, but says I have the latest. I see this is a...
  4. card reader

card reader: my laptop card reader doesn't show on the driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/4999cf63-aa7c-4335-9858-89aec06a900f
  5. Card Reader

Card Reader: Since an update on Windows 10 I can not get my card reader to work. It can't find the subsystem? Very frustrating as it is a work tool that needs to be used once a week. Any help ideas? I went to the software provider and they can't fix it and told me to seek help from...
  6. Card Reader

Card Reader: I've had windows 10 for at least a year, everything works fine. My card reader worked a few days ago, and now does not seem to recognize the card at all. No sounds come from my laptop when inserted....
  7. BSOD internal_power_error when removing SD card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD internal_power_error when removing SD card: Laptop: Lenovo S5 2nd gen, Windows 1809 Memory Dump: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vspx-E4v9Ouprweny5TNxFqDfsUEHO0f https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-internalpowererror-when-removing-sd-card/41385a95-c96b-4100-a7d2-22c9c3ca9a17
  8. card reader

card reader: why does the card reader IN my computer not register as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/04a02571-00f6-41fd-9507-369eb1db0087
  9. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5
  10. Internal_Power_Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal_Power_Error: I'm getting this error message about every other time I boot up. I just finished a clean install,and am still getting this same error message. 20221

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sd card causes blue screen windows 10 internal power error

2. sd card reader bsod yoga

3. sd card internal power error

4. internal_power_error with card reader adapter yoga 900,
  5. bluescreen message internal power sources,
  6. internal power error sd card