Windows 10: international keyboard

Discus and support international keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a MacBook Pro with Windows 10 Build 1709 installed. I need to use stressing signals such as é, ã, ç tipical in Portuguese. What should I do to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alcyr1, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Alcyr1 Win User

international keyboard

I have a MacBook Pro with Windows 10 Build 1709 installed. I need to use stressing signals such as é, ã, ç tipical in Portuguese. What should I do to get this keyboard an international layout?

:)

Alcyr1, Oct 21, 2019

2. US International Keyboard for Windows 10

Hello,

There is a way to enable the US International Keyboard. You have to go to Settings > Time and Language > Region and Language. Under Languages, if you click English, there should be a button that says "options." If you click on that, it should show you a
    list of keyboards in English. If you click "Add a keyboard," a menu should appear with a list of keyboards. "United States - International" should be one of them.

The keyboard works differently from before. If you are using the US International Keyboard for Windows 10, to get é, all you have to do is press ' + e, one after the other, and the character should appear. There is a list of how to get characters on this
    keyboard: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ates-international-keyboard-layout-in-windows,
    under "Creating International Characters." I know it says that Windows 10 is not listed as one of the softwares that run this keyboard, but it works on mine, and I have Windows 10.

Hope this helps!

WavesA2021, Oct 21, 2019
  3. International keyboard in Windows 10

Hi Tanya,

There are a few steps in order to enable the International Keyboard in Windows 10: Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Type Settings and hit Enter.
    • Click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & language on the left side of the screen.
    • Under Languages, click the current language that you are using, and click
      Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard on the left side of the screen.
    • Scroll down to your preferred keyboard language.

Let us know if you need further help.

Darian Tab, Oct 21, 2019
  4. international keyboard

Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

international keyboard

1. international keyboard - Similar Threads - international keyboard

2. My International Keyboard shortcuts aren't working like they used to anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My International Keyboard shortcuts aren't working like they used to anymore.: Once upon a time, I accidentally set up the International Keyboard on my Windows 10 PC when I reinstalled it. I loved it so much that I updated my laptop and my new PC to match.However, my new Windows 11 PC suddenly doesn't like to do the shortcuts that I'm used to anymore...
  3. My International Keyboard shortcuts aren't working like they used to anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My International Keyboard shortcuts aren't working like they used to anymore.: Once upon a time, I accidentally set up the International Keyboard on my Windows 10 PC when I reinstalled it. I loved it so much that I updated my laptop and my new PC to match.However, my new Windows 11 PC suddenly doesn't like to do the shortcuts that I'm used to anymore...
  4. Unable to disable internal keyboard Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to disable internal keyboard Windows 11: Hello, my internal keyboard needs to be replaced and I am using a USB keyboard currently to type this. Select parts of the internal keyboard still work, but I am getting it replaced - until then, I need to disable it to set the USB one on top, but this has proved impossible.I...
  5. Unable to disable internal keyboard Windows 11

Unable to disable internal keyboard Windows 11: Hello, my internal keyboard needs to be replaced and I am using a USB keyboard currently to type this. Select parts of the internal keyboard still work, but I am getting it replaced - until then, I need to disable it to set the USB one on top, but this has proved impossible.I...
  6. US International Keyboard W-11 Not working as in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    US International Keyboard W-11 Not working as in Windows 10: Hi, in Windows 10 the US internatioal Keyboard worked as it supposed to work in Spanish, the tilde ' for the vocals and the ~ for the n, so tilde ' + a gets the á, ~ + n gets the ñ. But in Windows 11 the ~ + n shows ~~n yes 2 ~ and ' + a shows ''a yes 2 '. I have been using...
  7. US International Keyboard W-11 Not working as in Windows 10

US International Keyboard W-11 Not working as in Windows 10: Hi, in Windows 10 the US internatioal Keyboard worked as it supposed to work in Spanish, the tilde ' for the vocals and the ~ for the n, so tilde ' + a gets the á, ~ + n gets the ñ. But in Windows 11 the ~ + n shows ~~n yes 2 ~ and ' + a shows ''a yes 2 '. I have been using...
  8. How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?

How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?: Some keys of my laptop's keyboard didn't work properly and some others didn't work at all. So, I decided to buy an external Bluetooth keyboard, because this solution was more cheaper. But the laptop's own keyboard's keys continue getting stuck and writing things itself. It...
  9. How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?: Some keys of my laptop's keyboard didn't work properly and some others didn't work at all. So, I decided to buy an external Bluetooth keyboard, because this solution was more cheaper. But the laptop's own keyboard's keys continue getting stuck and writing things itself. It...
  10. How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming