Windows 10: International mobile data networks still a serious security problem

Discus and support International mobile data networks still a serious security problem in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In the rush to roll out LTE mobile networks worldwide, basic security measures are ignored. More than two years after problems were first exposed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

International mobile data networks still a serious security problem

Read more: International mobile data networks still a serious security problem | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Oct 23, 2016
  2. clericc Win User

WP8 is connected to wifi, ignores it completely/can't use it

Hi,

The situation is this:

In my university, i am connected to our wifi, which has ip addresses 172.16.11.xxx, subnetmask: 24, gateway 172.16.11.254. There is a proxy as well. WP8 also recognizes our local DNS suffix. After i set everything up, WP8 says it's connected to Wifi but
    completely ignores this connection and proceeds to pipe it's traffic over the mobile network. When i disable data connection (and switch the proxy on or off, i tried both), IE even refuses to open our intranet sites (external sites as well).

Summary:
    - Successfully connected to Wifi
    - Proxy turned off or on (correct settings)
    - Data connection of for testing purposes
    - No connection possible to any server (be it internal or external).
    - With data connection on, all traffic goes over mobile network although i'm connected to wifi

I consider this to be a serious OS problem.

clericc, Oct 23, 2016
  3. Stolen nokia 6131

All you can do is call your network and ask them to disable the sim card. They may also be able to blacklist the phone which prevents it from being used on some mobile networks (not all countries can do this).

The phone cannot be disabled and the thief will still be able to access all your data. If you have enabled phone security they won't be able to use it with another sim or access your data once your sim is removed. If you didn't enable it then there is nothing
    you can do after it's gone.

Also it is not possible for the network to track or trace your phone. They can only do this in conjunction with the police and only in cases of serious crime or life threatening situations.

psychomania---01, Oct 23, 2016
Thema:

International mobile data networks still a serious security problem

1. International mobile data networks still a serious security problem - Similar Threads - International mobile data

2. Internal problem, windows security error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal problem, windows security error: Hello I want to setup protection for my pc. However, it is not allowing me to run it and it is looking for an app. I don't know what app to install. Any ideas?...
  3. Internal problem, windows security error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal problem, windows security error: Hello I want to setup protection for my pc. However, it is not allowing me to run it and it is looking for an app. I don't know what app to install. Any ideas?...
  4. Cannot Connect to the Internet, Serious Problems with Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Connect to the Internet, Serious Problems with Network Adapters: My laptop ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14, Windows 10 Home, version 21H2 will suddenly lose connection to the internet, despite the internet icon in the bottom right of the taskbar saying that I am connected. Also, upon turning my computer on and waking it up from sleep, the internet...
  5. Cannot Connect to the Internet, Serious Problems with Network Adapters

Cannot Connect to the Internet, Serious Problems with Network Adapters: My laptop ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14, Windows 10 Home, version 21H2 will suddenly lose connection to the internet, despite the internet icon in the bottom right of the taskbar saying that I am connected. Also, upon turning my computer on and waking it up from sleep, the internet...
  6. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  7. A serious problem

A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  8. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Combining my house network and my mobile data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Combining my house network and my mobile data?: Hi all I normally have a 6mb/s download with my ethernet. I want to combine that with the mobile wifi from my phone. I tried bridging them together but then its only at around 4 mb/s. Is that even possible? Thx submitted by /u/KuhlerTuep [link] [comments]...
  10. Mobile hotspot and network problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot and network problems: Hi, recently my computer had a network issue where wifi connection was not an option anymore anywhere in my computer. Ever since that I have restarted my computer as well as reset all my network settings which did fix the wifi issue but led to my mobile hotspot on my computer...