Windows 10: Internet Access but no Network Access

Discus and support Internet Access but no Network Access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am new to this thread and I encountered some problems with my internet. My internet worked fine and I didn't do any changes to it up until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Theo Cassius, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Internet Access but no Network Access

Hello, I am new to this thread and I encountered some problems with my internet.

My internet worked fine and I didn't do any changes to it up until it stopped working.
    I've managed to fix the internet access to allow me to access the internet on my laptop through wi-fi but network access still says no internet access. Websites work however ethernet does not work! I can't connect online on my playstation because ethernet doesn't work. I've tried disabling and enabling the ethernet. I checked the cables, I re-installed the drivers and i turned off and on the router more than I could count*Mad.

The internet works on my laptop however a connection test on my playstation 3 says obtain ip address succeeded and internet connection failed. So I can't play online. I am absolutely certain the playstation 3 is not fault as I checked vigurously the settings and I've put in the right connections, however it still does not work?! Anyone can help? Should I buy new cables for the router?

:)

Theo Cassius, Nov 23, 2015

2. Build 10565 Network access, but no internet access

Have you rebooted all the devices and router at the same time?

Have you tried turning off your Malware app?

Please download this app (minitoolbox)
    Run it with "select all" checked
    Upload the output to one drive or any file sharing service
    Put a link to them in your next post

Please type each of these into an elevated command prompt after you have run the above and saved the file

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

NETSH winsock reset catalog

NETSH int ipv4 reset reset.log

NETSH int ipv6 reset reset.log

Exit

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 23, 2015
  3. Build 10565 Network access, but no internet access

Build 10565 has installed and though I can access my router and internal network, and it states internet connection I can't access web pages, One drive etc. Other devices and computers on my network access the internet fine.

Anyone any idea on how I can resolve this issue?

Andrew Sayers, Nov 23, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Internet Access but no Network Access

This sort of problem is hard to fix from afar, especially as you do not say exactly how your network is set up.

Are you on ADSL with a modem/router? Fibre?

You really need to be able to do some substitution or be able to bypass but first tell us about your setup.

5. spapakons Win User
    It sounds like you have set the network type to "public" instead of "private". In a public network (such as in an internet café or free Wi-Fi spot) you can connect to the internet but of course not to other computers on the network. See this tutorial how to change to private network.

spapakons, Nov 25, 2015
  6. I am not exactly good at this sou I'll tell you what I know. Im in Dublin right now and I am subscribed to Digiweb. It's a normal router that gets plugged in the wall. one cable goes in the router and another into the wall. The thing is it has worked perfectly up until now. So I still haven't fixed this issue

Theo Cassius, Nov 25, 2015
  7. Hi, thank you for answering but when I go on the settings on the ethernet tab it doesn't show up its just a blank space that gets shaded when I hover over it. On wi-fi i turned on the discoverable by others option and saved. My network still says no internet access so I still can't play anything multiplayer, even though the internet works.

The light for ethernet isn't switched on the router either so i'm starting to think it could be either the stupid router or the cable that randomly stopped working for whatever reason !? *Sad

8. spapakons Win User

When you first connect to a new network, Windows will ask you to choose location, public or private. If you don't chose after some time it defaults to public, for security reasons. As said before if it is designated public you cannot access any network resources, only the internet. To change this, click on the network icon bottom right at the taskbar, near the clock. Then click on the Network Settings. You should see something like "Ethernet Connected". Click on this icon. You now see a new window starting with "Make this PC discoverable". Move the slider (button) to ON to turn this network to private. Now you should be able to see the network resources.

spapakons, Nov 25, 2015
  9. Thank you and everyone for your help and kindness but I couldn't wait for the internet to stop acting up anymore so I went to the store and bought a 10 metre cable to connect the playstation directly. I still don't know why it doesnt work through wireless connection anymore but I'm happy I can play now to be honest. Once again thank you for your help!

10. spapakons Win User
    Since you tried to connect wirelessly there is always the possibility of connection to another Wi-Fi, not your own, and this explains why you could not see the network resources.

spapakons, Nov 25, 2015
  11. I disabled and enabled the internet connection on the ps3 and I connected time and time again to the wi-fi network that I have and I'm certain was the correct one, with password and all the settings correct and everything. The internet connection test always failed after it had worked perfectly fine before. Thankfully it works now with the ethernet cable that I bought so it's alright

Theo Cassius, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Access but no Network Access - Similar Threads - Internet Access Network

2. Unidenified Network, No Internet Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unidenified Network, No Internet Access: Yesterday I booted up my PC and can not connect to the internet. It's a wired connection, and under network connections it states "ethernet, unidentified network, no internet". I've reset my router, despite the fact all other devices worked fine. My ISP isn't working on the...
  3. Internet connection but no network access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection but no network access: After a power outage we have one computer with a weird problem. The computer is able to access the internet but can't see any computers on the network and other computers cant see it either. All other computers are working normally. Ran nearly all of the troubleshooters with...
  4. network internet access

network internet access: question from a non techie, when signing into banking, browsing etc on the internet, my signal changes from private to public!!! I have had BT Tech out to check my equipment and there are no problems! Have been through all the get help which have not worked, the last thing I...
  5. Connected to network but no internet access

Connected to network but no internet access: Hi I have been facing an issue on my work PC for the past 3 days. I can connect to my corporate network or any other pocket wifi but there's no internet access. Apps like Outlook/skype/teams are do not have internet access. I also cant browse the internet. What...
  6. Unidentified network, No internet access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unidentified network, No internet access: hello, does anyone know a solution to this problem? ive tried restarting the pc, restarting the router, network reset and network troubleshoot. none of these worked. (excuse the crappiness of this post, im bad at writing stuff like this) submitted by /u/officer_tem [link]...
  7. Access to internet, but no network icons

Access to internet, but no network icons: A couple of days ago, I had to get a new tv box because ours was just old and needed to be replaced. (We have our tv and wifi combined). Before the person came and fixed/replaced the box everything was fine with the internet but now I am getting high ping on online gaming...
  8. Unidentified network - No Internet access

Unidentified network - No Internet access: Currently, my PC can't connect to the internet through the LAN. The LAN says "unidentified network". However, the PC can connect to the internet through WiFi (but very poor connection). I have a PC that runs on Window 10 Home. And, in the middle of internet browsing, my...
  9. Unidentified Network/No internet access

Unidentified Network/No internet access: Hi all, Today has been rough for me since about 10am this morning. I have a PC that I built about 10 years ago that qualified for upgrade to Windows 10 about 5 months ago and until this time, I've had internet access on my PC. I've had some blue screens that occurred a few...
  10. Connects to network, no internet access.

Connects to network, no internet access.: Hi guys! I know next to nothing about networks so I could really use your help. I've recently moved to a new house and my laptop, phone, and PC all connected fine. However the PC started to have problems connecting to the internet and then lost all connection the very...