Windows 10: Internet access keeps dying since last update

Discus and support Internet access keeps dying since last update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the last Windows update (kb4505903), my Win 10 keeps losing access to the internet though network connection is fine. When I run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shifty Geezer, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Internet access keeps dying since last update

Since the last Windows update (kb4505903), my Win 10 keeps losing access to the internet though network connection is fine. When I run the troubleshooter, it restarts the Wifi adaptor. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

I've tried reinstalling the Wifi adaptor to no avail.

Two days ago, internet access stopped while I was downloading updates on my Mac, and resumed when the Mac stopped accessing the internet.

Yesterday I moved the Wifi Adaptor to a different USB port and it gave me stable connection all day, but this morning, no internet connection.

I ran the Troubleshooter and it said to restart the router. I did that and it was able to establish a connection.
    30 minutes later, the internet connectivity was lost. I was told to restart the router again. I tried, and it didn't work.
    Troubleshooter said it couldn't fix it and the connection between PC and router was broken. But while copying the file location of the error log, the internet connected and now I'm posting this.

I'm an indie dev using this PC to develop a family-friendly network game, so this is kinda a big deal! All help appreciated!

Wifi Adaptor : TP-Link Nano 2.4 GHz
    Connection : DHCP

:)

Shifty Geezer, Aug 2, 2019

2. Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 2, 2019
  3. Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 2, 2019
  4. Internet access keeps dying since last update

No Internet access

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Since from when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and try resolving the issue.

Step 1:Run inbuilt
    Internet connection troubleshooter
    and Network Adapter troubleshooter

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.

• Also run the Network Adapter troubleshooter
      and check if the issue resolves.
    If the issue doesn’t resolve check with next step.

Step 2: I would also suggest you to check with the below link to check how to resolve Wired and wireless network problems.

Wired and wireless network problems: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

Internet access keeps dying since last update

1. Internet access keeps dying since last update - Similar Threads - Internet access keeps

2. No internet access since 23h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet access since 23h2 update: Hello,With the 23h2 update today, it seem that my computer cannot connect to internet. Wifi, etherner, doesnt matter. I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-access-since-23h2-update/dd08d80f-aad8-4e2c-b8f8-10a358ab2246
  3. No internet access since 23h2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet access since 23h2 update: Hello,With the 23h2 update today, it seem that my computer cannot connect to internet. Wifi, etherner, doesnt matter. I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-access-since-23h2-update/dd08d80f-aad8-4e2c-b8f8-10a358ab2246
  4. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems since last update: just wondering, if others are having problems with the latest update , since i have done so, my PC crashes, it says cant automatically fix, i have go do a restore, then it works again....
  5. Wifi Keeps Disconnecting For no reason since last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Keeps Disconnecting For no reason since last update: so basically whenever i do something the wifi will disconnect for no reason like if i play a game it will disconnect in 10-30 seconds and wont reconnect for 2 mins and this happens in most apps since last windows update my specs are :: \Device name LAPTOP-9QIHMF88...
  6. since last update, constantly losing internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    since last update, constantly losing internet access: Windows (build 2004, 19041.508) seems to think I should be using wifi instead of ethernet, I randomly get no internet access and have to enable wifi and disable airplane mode and then disable wifi and enable airplane mode just to reconnect ethernet. It's really annoying, the...
  7. No Internet Access since Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Internet Access since Windows 10 update: Hi, Can someone help. Last night i switched of my laptop and it updated and since then the interenet connection is not working. I'm using windows 10 Pro. How can i fix this?...
  8. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  9. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538