Windows 10: Internet access/ Local Security Authority issues

Discus and support Internet access/ Local Security Authority issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to access the internet anywhere other than my own home. I have also noticed that my laptop does not recognise that my local security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark Thompson4, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Internet access/ Local Security Authority issues

I am unable to access the internet anywhere other than my own home. I have also noticed that my laptop does not recognise that my local security authority protection is on. A permanent message ‘This change requires you to redstart your device’ shows despite my restarting the laptop on several occasions. Are the 2 issues connected and , more importantly, how do I ensure I can connect with the internet? I cannot work properly without this function. Regards, Mark

:)

Mark Thompson4, Mar 24, 2023

2. Local Security Authority protection Bug?

Open an admin Command Prompt and run these two commands:

• reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa" /v "RunAsPPL" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
    • reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa" /v "RunAsPPLBoot" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
    Restart Windows. That should clear the yellow exclamation warning.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 24, 2023
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 24, 2023
  4. Internet access/ Local Security Authority issues

Local Security Authority Protection

Here's the easy fix:

Windows Security Bug - Local Security Authority Protection Not - Microsoft Community: Redirecting

[Fix] Local Security Authority protection is off; device may be vulnerable: https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/local-security-authority-protection-is-off/

Alternatively, open an admin Command Prompt and run these two commands:

• reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa" /v "RunAsPPL" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
    • reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa" /v "RunAsPPLBoot" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f

Internet access/ Local Security Authority issues 4z2%2fbapCV8JkPx2Qe%2buoE7epog8Xca%2fV76UBIySDxNP9WLuPuzOOCU1oUR72%2be7n75ObGKowfgIKBEOuvwR7A%3d.png

Restart Windows.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

Internet access/ Local Security Authority issues

1. Internet access/ Local Security Authority issues - Similar Threads - Internet access Local

2. Local Security Authority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority: I keep getting a Windows Security notification about Local Security Authority being off and when I go to turn it on I don't see the option to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-security-authority/c6a084f5-d8a0-477e-832c-4b813fa20879
  3. Local Security Authority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Authority: I keep getting a Windows Security notification about Local Security Authority being off and when I go to turn it on I don't see the option to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-security-authority/c6a084f5-d8a0-477e-832c-4b813fa20879
  4. Local Security Authority Issues with enabling:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority Issues with enabling:: I've recently just updated my computer and cleaned it out a bit. I just went ahead and checked on my computer security and checked if there were any threats. In my case, there wasn't. I went back to what I was doing on windows until I checked my security again and there was a...
  5. Local Security Authority Issues with enabling:

Local Security Authority Issues with enabling:: I've recently just updated my computer and cleaned it out a bit. I just went ahead and checked on my computer security and checked if there were any threats. In my case, there wasn't. I went back to what I was doing on windows until I checked my security again and there was a...
  6. local security authority

local security authority: just updated to "Update for Windows Security platform antimalware platform - KB5007651 Version 1.0.2303.28002" on 4/5/23in windows security it says action needed and local security is turned off i dismiss that is that okay?...
  7. local security authority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local security authority: just updated to "Update for Windows Security platform antimalware platform - KB5007651 Version 1.0.2303.28002" on 4/5/23in windows security it says action needed and local security is turned off i dismiss that is that okay?...
  8. Internet access/ Local Security Authority issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access/ Local Security Authority issues: I am unable to access the internet anywhere other than my own home. I have also noticed that my laptop does not recognise that my local security authority protection is on. A permanent message ‘This change requires you to redstart your device’ shows despite my restarting the...
  9. Local Security Authority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority: Just like me where many are having the same issue as I am as to a patch on the Local Security Authority which when clicked gives the notice that action needs to be taken.The answer I am getting from Microsoft is that a future update should resolve the issue too which as of...
  10. Local Security Authority

Local Security Authority: Just like me where many are having the same issue as I am as to a patch on the Local Security Authority which when clicked gives the notice that action needs to be taken.The answer I am getting from Microsoft is that a future update should resolve the issue too which as of...