Windows 10: internet access repeatedly dropped by Win10 but not on my iPad

Discus and support internet access repeatedly dropped by Win10 but not on my iPad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Internet access via Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 5555 laptop is being repeatedly dropped, although NOT on my iPad. So this indicates that problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HaFin, Jul 16, 2020.

1. HaFin Win User

internet access repeatedly dropped by Win10 but not on my iPad

Internet access via Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 5555 laptop is being repeatedly dropped, although NOT on my iPad. So this indicates that problem is apparently with Win10 network adapter.

The only way I can now reconnect with internet is by doing a restart. The Windows internet/wi-fi troubleshooter has previously detected a problem with network adapter and fixed problem i.e.reconnected me to internet, but it is no longer doing this. Instead, it indicates that internet service is down, which is clearly not the case.

Would appreciate any advice. I note that Windows recently did a large update required 35 mins to perform. Is there a problem with update re internet access?

:)

HaFin, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Mark01945 Win User

Internet connection repeatedly dropping

Hi

Hope someone can help. For a couple of weeks now I have found that my internet connection keeps dropping.

No change in hardware - same PC, same router, wireless connection. Other iPad, phones, TV, etc. no problems. Previously had odd dropping out, but nothing like as frequent as now.

Have simply been disconnecting and connecting again, but dropping out is too frequent to work with.

Problem started after Windows Update? Details from Edge - INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.

Thought I'd ask here before calling ISP.

Thank you.

Mark01945, Jul 16, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Jul 16, 2020
  4. internet access repeatedly dropped by Win10 but not on my iPad

Unable to access iPad Air on desktop computer running Windows 10

Hi Mike,

As you are facing issues with accessing the iPad Air on your computer, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access the iPad on your computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • How exactly are you trying to connect the device on computer?

This might be due to driver issues on your computer. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the iPad Air for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

internet access repeatedly dropped by Win10 but not on my iPad

1. internet access repeatedly dropped by Win10 but not on my iPad - Similar Threads - internet access repeatedly

2. my internet continuously drops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my internet continuously drops: my internet contentiously drops out but, only on my PC. i've tried both an Ethernet connection and wireless and got the troubleshoot error couldn't detect proxy settings...
  3. Internet repeatedly dropping out - W10 - 1803

Internet repeatedly dropping out - W10 - 1803: Hi, my ISP has done various tests on my line etc and says the issue is not down to them. Unfortunately I'm not confident enough to continue with the suggestions emanating from Microsoft chatbot (am elderly disabled). Can anyone assist please?...
  4. Connecting IPad to Laptop With WIN10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting IPad to Laptop With WIN10: I cannot connect an Apple iPad to my computer and transfer information to use in video-conferencing. Has anyone else had this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-ipad-to-laptop-with-win10/103591e2-7376-4fd9-95cb-1025f76975d5
  5. Internet connection repeatedly dropping

Internet connection repeatedly dropping: Hi Hope someone can help. For a couple of weeks now I have found that my internet connection keeps dropping. No change in hardware - same PC, same router, wireless connection. Other iPad, phones, TV, etc. no problems. Previously had odd dropping out, but nothing like as...
  6. Win10 big update auto resume if internet drops?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 big update auto resume if internet drops?: Hi, I'm running Win10 Home on an i5 5th gen laptop. I'm trying to download the big new Win10 update but I live in India and my internet is unreliable. Does the Win10 download auto-resume? I can't tell. Does the download pick up from where it left off if the internet fails? So...
  7. Win10 Reports "No internet access" when there is.

Win10 Reports "No internet access" when there is.: I was helping someone at their home install software for their camera when I noticed a yellow exclamation mark on their Network icon in the notification area. Clicking on it displayed "No internet access" (or something similar) yet her Web browsers and email program were...
  8. Internet Drops

Internet Drops: During the day, the internet is stable and works fine. I can browse and do everything normally. But in the evening the internet drops and it won't reconnect. I tried restarting my PC and resetting the router but nothing seems to work. A solution would be helpful! 57239
  9. Internet became unstable and repeatedly dropped out

Internet became unstable and repeatedly dropped out: Yesterday, I was prompted to Upgrade from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10. The upgrade took about 35 minutes and seem to go smoothly. Today I tried to access the Internet BT Broadband. The first time I connected, the connection stayed up for two minutes and dropped straight...
  10. Internet dropping

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet dropping: I don't know if this is a 10 problem or computer problem. My internet will drop every few hours while I am using it. I originally thought it was my cable provider, and most of the time I rebooted my modem, and this seemed to correct the problem. Then I just rebooted the...