Windows 10: internet access to .jar file

Discus and support internet access to .jar file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to run a .jar file on my computer, but my computer wont give internet access the the .jar file, is there any way i can fix this? or am i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CØrn, Jan 12, 2020.

1. CØrn Win User

internet access to .jar file

I am trying to run a .jar file on my computer, but my computer wont give internet access the the .jar file, is there any way i can fix this? or am i out of luck.

:)

CØrn, Jan 12, 2020

2. .jar files opening in internet explorer

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that .jar files opens in Internet Explorer by default and downloads again on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click on the .jar file, select Open with
    and click on Choose another app.

2. Select the app you want to open the .jar file from list.

3. If required, highlight the app and check the option
    Always use this app to open, click OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jan 12, 2020
  3. NateHoopu Win User
    .jar files opening in internet explorer

I have the same problem, I accidentaly switched a .jar file to open with internet explorer, or notepad, I can't remember, and I forgot to unselect set it to the default, and now I can't get back to the java thing, please help.

NateHoopu, Jan 12, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

jar files

Fixing .jar file opening on Windows requires two steps:

• Open the Control Panel, and chose "Default Programs - Associate a File type or protocol with a program". Find .jar extension (Executable JAR file) there, and pick Java as default program to open this extension. It will probably be listed as "Java Platform(SE)".
      A faster alternative perhaps is straightforward right-click on a .jar file, and then change associated program by clicking on the "Change..." button.
    • Now open the regedit, and open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open\command key. Luckilly for us, we may specify parameters there for the (Default) value. This is normally: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. internet access to .jar file - Similar Threads - internet access jar

2. .jar File Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .jar File Problem: Hello, I've seen a few posts about this and read through a bunch of answers to solve this problem but sadly have not worked. Cutting to the things I've done; The latest Java application is fully installed and has been set to the default opener of jar files, thinking I was...
  3. .jar Files Open in Internet Explorer Instead of Running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jar Files Open in Internet Explorer Instead of Running: I think this is a pretty common problem, but I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution. I need to run a .jar file, which I would normally do by double-clicking on it. However, the file now just opens in Internet Explorer, which tries to download it again. Does anyone...
  4. jar file not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    jar file not opening: why the hell wont my file open? i have tried literally everything [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jar-file-not-opening/867eeb37-c1d0-4185-9ad9-2f9ae95e531d
  5. jar files

jar files: I downloaded a jar file but accidentally connected it to a app so when ever i open it it opens the app. I dont want it to do this and its not letting me fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jar-files/9c374df5-9af7-46de-99b1-65251c3cc902
  6. jar files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    jar files: Hi! I have downloaded a jar file before and haven't had this problem so this is new to me. I downloaded the .jar file onto my desktop and when I went to look for it on my desktop, it was not found. I went to quick access and opened up the file location and my desktop...
  7. .jar files

.jar files: Hello, I've accidentaly changed .jar files to be opened with notepad. They should be opened with Java program. Could you help me change it back, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jar-files/d7afb1f5-fc0b-43f9-a22f-25ab2a7f1c84
  8. .jar files

.jar files: I was trying to download some things for games and I accidentally changed what they should open with and now I cant change it back to the original thing, meaning that whenever I download a .jar file it will automatically try to open with Internet Explorer and when I try to...
  9. .jar files

in Windows 10 Customization
    .jar files: I'm attempting to switch the program I use to open .jar files from Internet Explorer to java but when I head to settings and choose "Choose Default Apps By File Type" I scroll down to .jar and press the button in order change the default app but it only gives me the options...
  10. .jar file

.jar file: My .jar file is not opening as it opens a cmd applictaion and then dissapears it is a Jar file as i would need it to be an excecutable jar file i do have java downloaded aswell as jdk latest version need help pleas...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. مشاركة إنترنت JAVA JAR

2. Internet application in jar

3. File internet jar.

4. Internet apps jar