Windows 10: Internet acting odd

Discus and support Internet acting odd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all. My PC (Windows 10 64) has been running slow lately, and today it has gotten considerably worse. I am connected to my home WiFi and get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dankestmemeroftexas, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Internet acting odd

Hello all. My PC (Windows 10 64) has been running slow lately, and today it has gotten considerably worse. I am connected to my home WiFi and get an okay speed. Apps like discord and Spotify are stuck on loading, and same for many websites. Spotify gives me a “app not allowed through firewall” error, which led me to believe it may have been my antivirus (Malwarebytes) interfering with Windows defender. However, when I open the uninstallation application for Malwarebytes, it also loads forever. Is there any fix to this? Thank you

submitted by /u/dankestmemeroftexas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dankestmemeroftexas, Apr 1, 2020

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 1, 2020
  3. dystress Win User
    Windows 10 acting completely odd

I've been having trouble with this the past week and I've tried everything.

There are tons of things that're happening:

• File explorer is acting completely odd, and when I try to restart it via task manager, my PC turns into a black screen or freezes completely, forcing me to shut down my computer physically.
    • Images won't load, no matter what. I can't do anything with them.
    • Desktop doesn't wanna load, it's only the background and taskbar, until I open explorer, yet I still can't open anything on it.
    • When I try and restart it wont even restart. It just keeps saying "Restarting..." I have to force shut down my PC physically. Same with the actual shut down.
    • Settings don't wanna even load at all. Same with the uninstall tool, it's odd.

I don't know what to do. I've tried everything. Malwarebytes, Kaspersky and Windows Defender says everything is fine. I tried this "netsh winsock reset" command (CMD has administrator permission) along with 3 DISM.exe commands. I tried waiting out the "Restarting..."
    thing, nope, took hours, nothing happened. Task manager doesn't help. I've tried 50 million other alternatives to check the system and clean it, but absolutely nothing has happened. I'm really lost here. What do I do?

dystress, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Internet acting odd

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Internet acting odd

1. Internet acting odd - Similar Threads - Internet acting odd

2. Network Sharing is acting odd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing is acting odd.: Howdy! Summarize the problem: Within File Explorer, when I share a folder under the Network drop down, my PC name and the folder don't appear. //localhost will show the folder shared and others on the network don't see it either. However, if I share the folder with a link,...
  3. Network Sharing is acting odd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing is acting odd.: Howdy! Summarize the problem: Within File Explorer, when I share a folder under the Network drop down, my PC name and the folder don't appear. //localhost will show the folder shared and others on the network don't see it either. However, if I share the folder with a link,...
  4. Mouse acting odd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse acting odd: I have a SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless. Recently it has been acting oddly, and I want to know if it is an issue with the mouse, or an issue with my computer.Every time I try to drag/hold left click, it will only hold/drag for about half a second. When I right click and drag,...
  5. Mouse acting odd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse acting odd: I have a SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless. Recently it has been acting oddly, and I want to know if it is an issue with the mouse, or an issue with my computer.Every time I try to drag/hold left click, it will only hold/drag for about half a second. When I right click and drag,...
  6. Mouse acting odd

7. Windows 10 acting completely odd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 acting completely odd: I've been having trouble with this the past week and I've tried everything. There are tons of things that're happening: File explorer is acting completely odd, and when I try to restart it via task manager, my PC turns into a black screen or freezes completely, forcing me...
  8. 3D builder is acting odd

3D builder is acting odd: I have a 3D printer and personally used 3D builder a lot. One day I opened it and the entire workplane was mirrored across a diagonal that ran across the screen from corner to with positive slope. Here's a pic. [ATTACH] Can you guys help figure out what happened? Can I...
  9. Odd internet behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd internet behavior: We recently had an upgrade to our DSL service from 3mbs to 25mbs which required the modem to be exchanged for a new one. Before the upgrade the internet was working as soon as the PC booted to the desktop. But now, once booted to desktop, it takes another 30 seconds before...
  10. taskbar acting oddly

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar acting oddly: Up unitl 3 days ago my pc was fine, now whenever i press the taskbar icons it just does nothing, but 10 seconds later the icon then comes up. My pc was doing it on Friday, fine all day yesterday, yet today the same thing. The language icon in the taskbar always works, yet...