Windows 10: Internet and Network issues in Windows 10

Discus and support Internet and Network issues in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem that I find hard to explain, even to myself and never encountered before. First, this is fairly a new build, April 2019 build.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gomek1991, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Gomek1991 Win User

Internet and Network issues in Windows 10

I have a problem that I find hard to explain, even to myself and never encountered before. First, this is fairly a new build, April 2019 build. Everything is working fantastic except internet issues. I can’t tell if this problem has been always there but I haven’t noticed it or it just happened recently.

Lately I have been noticing my performance in PVP games dropped noticeably, Internet is slow and I can’t seem to land my shots precisely even thought my aim is good, I played around 50 PVP matches and it is quite obvious that something is wrong, the ping is around 4ms.

I’m running Fiber Optics 100Mbps and it is stable. Here’s the creepy part:

I have three phones and a laptop. I have tested internet speed on all of them and I register full speed on both download and Upload, However on my PC, every time i do a speed test, the page acts weird, the pin does not move as it should, it freezes for like 5 seconds and then it jumps to 20Mbps then down to 12 to 15 Mbps. It gives the results very fast in weird like reading, its like the page is frozen, it doesn’t even calculate the upload speed it just crashes and then the whole page goes black and I can’t open other pages, but other software like Discord and twitch still running and have internet access.

The router is working perfectly, I have tested the Ethernet cable I use on my PC, I plugged it to my laptop and I got full speed and everything works just great, that means the cable isn’t the problem I have tested it over laptop’s wifi as well, works great, my phones registered full speed as well.

So:
    - Router is ok Both Wired and over wifi on other devices
    - PC is not ok Both Wired and over wifi

So the Ethernet cable and router’s wifi work fine. Its my PC, both wired and over wifi act the same way, I tried different Ethernet ports as well as external docking station that has a Ethernet port, all same results.

I have tried to update the Network adapter drivers and tried different browsers, i uninstalled the browsers and reinstalled again, reset the network from Windows settings, same issue.

What should i do next ?

:)

Gomek1991, Jan 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 network/internet issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps and check if it helps:

Method: 1

Internet Connection troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + W” and type “troubleshooting”.
    • Select “Troubleshooting”.
    • Select “View all” on the top left corner.
    • ClickNetwork & Internet.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.=
    Method: 2

Please try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Internet Issues in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• What do you mean by "I try to put in the password" ?

• Are you able to log in to your system?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2:

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest Wi-Fi drivers in manufacturer website and check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Network issues after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter and Network Adapter troubleshooter.

Method 2. Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet and Network issues in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internet Network issues

2. Network and Internet Issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network and Internet Issue.: My friend has been facing an issue where their computer keeps disconnecting from the internet, causing them to be unable to join a network/wifi, just leaving them with airplane mode...
  3. Network and Internet Issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network and Internet Issue.: My friend has been facing an issue where their computer keeps disconnecting from the internet, causing them to be unable to join a network/wifi, just leaving them with airplane mode...
  4. Network and Internet Issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Issues with the Networks and Internet panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with the Networks and Internet panel: When I click on the Networks and Internet panel from the Settings button, the panel appears for 2 seconds then dessapears closing the Settings app in the mean time. My Windows 10 version is up to date apart from the fact that now the Windows Update panel shows this message :...
  6. Issues with the Networks and Internet panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with the Networks and Internet panel: When I click on the Networks and Internet panel from the Settings button, the panel appears for 2 seconds then dessapears closing the Settings app in the mean time. My Windows 10 version is up to date apart from the fact that now the Windows Update panel shows this message :...
  7. Issues with the Networks and Internet panel

8. windows 10 internet connection and network issues

windows 10 internet connection and network issues: I just purchased the below pc in April:Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHzInstalled RAM 12.0 GB 11.8 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorEvery time my lock screen comes on I not only lose my internet connection, my...
  9. Windows 10; network & internet

Windows 10; network & internet: I don't understand why there are so many Netgear Genie digital media servers & digital media renderers listed in my Devices & Printers file. I read at your site that there was a problem with Windows 8 or 8.1 but I'm on Windows 10 and it's happening on my computers. Is there...
  10. Windows 10 / Network and Internet

Windows 10 / Network and Internet: Any Microsoft application requiring internet like the store, Cortana, feedback hub and other apps downloaded from the store when it still worked will not connect to the internet. When I attempt to log in, it says I am not connected to a network when I am and I get an error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network issues windows 10 drops out#