Windows 10: Internet apps overlap/mess up taskbar after exiting full screen

Discus and support Internet apps overlap/mess up taskbar after exiting full screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I go full screen to watch something like youtube, netflix, twitch, whether I use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, after a few minutes when I exit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theridon, Nov 19, 2016.

1. theridon Win User

Internet apps overlap/mess up taskbar after exiting full screen

When I go full screen to watch something like youtube, netflix, twitch, whether I use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, after a few minutes when I exit full screen my task bar gets glitched up. The application buttons seem to dissapear, and part of what I was watching in full screen shows up still in the taskbar. If I mouse over the task bar or click around on the web browser, it goes away and functions normally. Any idea what might be going on?

:)

theridon, Nov 19, 2016

2. Taskbar overlapping full screen

Hi,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Have you installed any third party security software?

This issue could have occurred due to conflict between third party applications or antivirus software.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning:

After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal
    startup mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to disable Antivirus software/ Firewall and check if it helps.

Warning:

1) Please make sure to re-enable Antivirus software after performing troubleshooting steps.

2) Antivirus software/ Firewall can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable or uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable or uninstall
    it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled or uninstalled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 19, 2016
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Taskbar overlapping full screen

Hello,

This could be related to not having the latest drivers for your graphics card device. We recommend that you check if an update is available for your graphics card device by following the steps in this wiki article on

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Give us an update on the result and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 19, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

What is the Make and Model# of your laptop?
    Go to the Manufacturers Support/Download Drivers. Type in your make and model# or Service Tag#. Type in your version of Windows 10 (ie) 32bit or 64bit and download the Video Driver for your model.

spunk, Nov 19, 2016
  5. theridon Win User
    It's an acer aspire v5 573 pg. The drivers on acer's website seem to be outdated, I found "IRST (Intel® Rapid Start Technology) Driver" and its' dated 2015/07/27. The drivers on acers website seem to all be outdated.
    I'll try downloading the NVidia geforce driver from the website and see what happens.

theridon, Nov 19, 2016
  6. theridon Win User
    I'm assuming its the IRST IRST (Intel® Rapid Start Technology) Driver? I can't seem to find a display/graphics driver on the acer website. The website also says "After upgrading to Windows 10, if there are any drivers that haven't been installed, please run Windows Update to install the appropriate drivers."

What about going to device manager and uninstalling Intel HD Graphics family? Will it do a reinstall?

theridon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet apps overlap/mess up taskbar after exiting full screen - Similar Threads - Internet apps overlap

2. Taskbar overlap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar overlap: Hello everyone The taskbar in my laptop overlaps Windows. I could not even minimize it even after unlocking the taskbar. Does anyone have a solution to this issue ? Screenshot attached below...
  3. Taskbar overlap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar overlap: Hello everyone The taskbar in my laptop overlaps Windows. I could not even minimize it even after unlocking the taskbar. Does anyone have a solution to this issue ? Screenshot attached below...
  4. Taskbar and Full Screen Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Full Screen Apps: Hello! I'm having a problem that hasn't happened before yesterday. When opening apps from my taskbar things like Spotify, Discord and Chrome work perfectly fine but if I try to open a game that usually opens in full screen like Osu! then the taskbar and when I press alt+tab...
  5. Taskbar and Full Screen Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and Full Screen Apps: Hello! I'm having a problem that hasn't happened before yesterday. When opening apps from my taskbar things like Spotify, Discord and Chrome work perfectly fine but if I try to open a game that usually opens in full screen like Osu! then the taskbar and when I press alt+tab...
  6. AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,: I screwed something up big time when I went into BIOS...the shorter version: AIsuite3.exe gives me multiple termination windows, Chrome keeps telling me my connection is not secure, as well as a few other hiccups (Steam wont let me in). I tried resetting CMOS,I had the local...
  7. Some apps overlapping taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Some apps overlapping taskbar: I am running WIn10 home. I am not sure if this question belongs in this forum or the VB6 forum. When I am in the VB6 IDE thee form is displaying just fine. I can move it near the top of the scree. I can move it near the bottom and, as expected, if I move it too low the...
  8. TaskBar messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    TaskBar messed up: [ATTACH] It has that rectangular white outline on the outside when I right-click something on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-messed-up/976ecc37-9588-41a5-871b-05b4020c8403
  9. internet is messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet is messed up: so my connection's were fine until one of my friends changed my calendar to date to 1989 then later I couldn't go to sites like YouTube, Microsoft edge was useless On my desktop it when trying to into any site it says this. I've thought of reseting windows but I don't know if...
  10. Display (desktop, browser full screen) messed up after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display (desktop, browser full screen) messed up after upgrade: I was having several issues so I did a full reset of Windows 8.1 (that was a nightmare). When I went to update, it offered me Windows 10. I bit the bullet and did it. The exact same thing happened this time as the first time (which is why I reverted back to 8.1). On the...