Windows 10: Internet backgammon not working, server apparently down

Discus and support Internet backgammon not working, server apparently down in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to play Internet Backgammon I get the following error message: A network error occurred while communication with the game server. Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John(666), Apr 29, 2019.

1. John(666) Win User

Internet backgammon not working, server apparently down

When I try to play Internet Backgammon I get the following error message:

A network error occurred while communication with the game server.

Error Code: 0x80041004

It would appear that the games server is down again, as it was about a year ago. Could someone please restart it?

:)

John(666), Apr 29, 2019

2. Internet backgammon not working, server apparently down

1. The only game I have tried is backgammon.

2. What happens every time I tried it is as described in the link:

The Internet game displays status information when you run it. It begins with "connecting to the game server." The game tries to establish a connection to the game server. This process takes 10-or-so seconds and ends with an error notification.

You can try again by clicking on "new opponent" or quit the game instead.

3. I have done no troubleshooting steps. I do not control the server or the network.

4. Are you implying that the server is up and operating correctly, and others can play this game? There are many other people having the same problem. If you have solved it for ANY of them, can you please let the rest of us know the solution?

Golfer1john, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Internet backgammon not working, server apparently down

No - I am having the same issue with both backgammon and spades - it has been for about a week now, no connection to game server at all - not even a connection then an error, it seems as if the game server is down totally, so just asking if anyone out
    there knows of a solution since microsoft has no answers whatsoever

mylifeenergy, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Internet backgammon not working, server apparently down

I have the same problem as at 17 and 18 April 2018. Exactly infact, error code and all. What can I do to get access to Backgammon. The game I love. Harry

HarrySweeney1, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Internet backgammon not working, server apparently down - Similar Threads - Internet backgammon working

2. Backgammon Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backgammon Pro: Purchased game but it does not show. Game does not show the top 100 players https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backgammon-pro/f7a67056-c619-461c-8e06-47d5abcafcf0
  3. Backgammon Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backgammon Pro: Purchased game but it does not show. Game does not show the top 100 players https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backgammon-pro/f7a67056-c619-461c-8e06-47d5abcafcf0
  4. MSN BACKGAMMON

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSN BACKGAMMON: Hello, I like to play MSN Backgammon There is a equest from masque.com to share my email information before I can join I DO NOT want to share with masque.com I wrote to them, and are not removing the "pop up" Can you remove in my account If not, will not play with...
  5. Internet Backgammon gives an error code 0x80041004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Backgammon gives an error code 0x80041004: I cannot open Internet Backgammon under Windows 7 games for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-backgammon-gives-an-error-code-0x80041004/9dc514d3-f37f-4b3a-8b8c-54073466ea91
  6. windows 7 internet backgammon

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 7 internet backgammon: Is there a download to get windows 7 internet backgammon for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-internet-backgammon/e83bd273-8c6d-41d5-99d7-e9791eeffca6"
  7. Microsoft Internet Games. Backgammon, Checkers etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Internet Games. Backgammon, Checkers etc: Now it seems as though these games are gone for good, shame on you Microsoft. If anybody finds a checkers game that is nearly as good, please let me know. I'm now on Windows 10. For the past 18 months I was playing the Windows 7 games on Windows 10, they worked just fine,...
  8. MSN Backgammon free

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN Backgammon free: I can't play with real players any more. It keeps cutting out as soon as I have a player, but can play with the computer only.. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-backgammon-free/ee9e4d5d-195e-41fa-9632-bd8c0f1f42e5
  9. MSN backgammon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN backgammon: I play backgammon on a regular basis and I am finding that MSN adjusting my scores without me even playing a game! I am tired of MSN manipulating the games and assume that all of the high scores are bogus as I am not allowed to progress beyond a certain threshold. I have...
  10. GNU Backgammon not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GNU Backgammon not working: I have a 5(?) year old HP Pavilion laptop that had Vista which I upgraded to 7 and now to 10. I have always used GNU Backgammon and love it. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work with 10. I have tried different downloads but they all have the same problem. When I click on it,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is backgammon not working

2. msn backgammon not working properly

3. microsoft internet backgammon not working

4. msn backgammon not working,
  5. backgammon statistics stuck at 99999 microsoft internet backgammon statistics will not reset stays at 99999