Windows 10: Internet bookmarks being shared by two profile users on same laptop

Discus and support Internet bookmarks being shared by two profile users on same laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have two computers that are both shared by two users, each with their own User Profile and Login. Both Users have admin rights, and the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by techtiveoutlook, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Internet bookmarks being shared by two profile users on same laptop

Hi

I have two computers that are both shared by two users, each with their own User Profile and Login. Both Users have admin rights, and the computers run on Windows 10, with Norton Security. Both users tend to use Firefox and Chrome browsers.

I have found, quite recently, perhaps in the last 8 weeks, that internet bookmarks are being duplicated on each browser, so where I have a folder named finance, with several sub folders such as banking, savings, credit cards etc the whole Finance folder first appears a second time, then a third time and the list is growing. This is happening to several of my folders on both Browsers. Furthermore, my bookmarks are also appearing when the other user logs on and uses the browser. I do not believe this is browser related because it happens on both Chrome and Firefox. We do both have different sync accounts on these browsers.

What are your thoughts on this please?

I feel I have to at least manually delete all replications and then save my bookmarks. However I am a heavy user of bookmarks, and if I don't do this all in one sitting I will loose track of what is real and what is not. I find that not every sub folder does include all of the bookmarks from whichever is the original main folder.

This is naturally a genuine concern and a real pest.

:)

techtiveoutlook, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

How to share internet from Laptop

Hello,

For some information and steps on how to share internet from laptop, we suggest that you check the answer provided by A. User on this

link

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 25, 2018
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Internet bookmarks being shared by two profile users on same laptop

Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Internet bookmarks being shared by two profile users on same laptop

1. Internet bookmarks being shared by two profile users on same laptop - Similar Threads - Internet bookmarks being

2. Can two Microsoft users share the same dashboard on windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can two Microsoft users share the same dashboard on windows?: I have a account that has all my stuff but I want to use my other account. Can I have it where they share the same desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-two-microsoft-users-share-the-same-dashboard/efcd2f59-6379-4a31-a4bf-b421639939c1
  3. Can two Microsoft users share the same dashboard on windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can two Microsoft users share the same dashboard on windows?: I have a account that has all my stuff but I want to use my other account. Can I have it where they share the same desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-two-microsoft-users-share-the-same-dashboard/efcd2f59-6379-4a31-a4bf-b421639939c1
  4. Can two Microsoft users share the same dashboard on windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Share user profile between two windows on the same PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share user profile between two windows on the same PC: I have two windows on my PC, one is main and the other is with Insiders program activated. Can I share user profile from my main windows to one with Insiders?...
  6. Clipboard being shared by users

Clipboard being shared by users: We have 2 users that are on 2 different domains in 2 different cities, but somehow they'll both randomly paste things that the other person has copied. We've set a group policy to disable clipboard over rdp sessions, and we've also manually disallowed clipboard in TightVNC,...
  7. can two PC on the LAN share the same user name for network shares?

can two PC on the LAN share the same user name for network shares?: Or is that going to be a problem. As in you connect to a network computer, and it asks for the user name and the password. And 2 of the PC have the same user name. 169491
  8. User profile sharing

User profile sharing: Hello, Recently my friend added his account to my PC and now I have 2 accounts on my computer. We don’t share one PC, he has his own. He has a bunch of stuff installed on his account which, from what I see, take up a lot of space on my computer. Now the question is: if I...
  9. Shared User Profile

Shared User Profile: I have multiple computers on my home network. For some reason the User Profile used on one computer is showing on another. Once the two profiles were switched. The computers have unique users and User Profiles and the two users do not share computers. How do we go back...
  10. Merge bookmarks between two Firefox profiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merge bookmarks between two Firefox profiles?: I created a second Firefox profile as an experiment. I created new bookmarks, forgetting that bookmarks only go into the current profile. Is there a way that I can merge the two sets of bookmarks, or to somehow copy individual bookmarks or folders of bookmarks between the two...