Windows 10: Internet browser closing when attaching files

Discus and support Internet browser closing when attaching files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It does not matter which Internet Browser I use, when I try and attach a file it closes down. When I open it again I get a "restore previous" message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PhilipBailey5, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Internet browser closing when attaching files

It does not matter which Internet Browser I use, when I try and attach a file it closes down.

When I open it again I get a "restore previous" message

:)

PhilipBailey5, Feb 26, 2019

2. Unable to close Internet Explorer browser on Windows 10.

Hi Erica,

The above issue might occur due to missing or corrupted browser components on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Does the issue persists on accessing a particular website on the browser?
    • Did you check if similar issue persists on using other browsers on the computer (Microsoft Edge, other)?
    • Do you get any error message or error code when the browser fails to close?

Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if any of the browser component is missing or corrupted.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Internet Explorer Performance,
      click on Advanced option and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing or corrupted browser components after the troubleshooting is complete and check if the issue is resolved.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to try clearing cookies and check if that helps. Refer the below link:

Delete and manage cookies

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of Internet Explorer not closing on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 26, 2019
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Internet browser closing when attaching files

Cannot upload/attach files in Facebook

Hi Duc,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I suggest you to try disabling the protected mode and then try attaching the files and check if it helps.

To disable the protected mode please follow the steps below:

• Click the Tools icon in Internet
      Explorer
    • Click the Security tab and uncheck the
      checkbox beside Enable Protected
      Mode (requires restarting Internet Explorer)
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Close all open Internet Explorer windows, and then restart Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Internet browser closing when attaching files

1. Internet browser closing when attaching files - Similar Threads - Internet browser closing

2. Browsers Closing autoatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers Closing autoatically: Hi All,All browsers in my laptop Chrome, Edge and Firefox are frequently closing automatically without any warning. This started after I upgraded to windows 11. Please help. I have so far tried to look for any malware full scan with antivirus gave no result, any scheduled...
  3. Browsers Closing autoatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers Closing autoatically: Hi All,All browsers in my laptop Chrome, Edge and Firefox are frequently closing automatically without any warning. This started after I upgraded to windows 11. Please help. I have so far tried to look for any malware full scan with antivirus gave no result, any scheduled...
  4. Browsers closing when I type!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Browsers closing when I type!: When I type in a browser I use Chrome something in the Keystroke closes the browser. I have tried using Firefox, Edge and Explorer with the exact same results. I can type in an app that is not on a browser and there is no issue. Do I need to do a reset? Frustrated!...
  5. Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc

in Cortana
    Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc: Occasionally, I would just be browsing the internet when all of a sudden there is a message saying I have to reload the page, and this is on Google Chrome. I go over to Microsoft Edge and it just closes the whole browser when I open it. If that doesn't happen my laptop would...
  6. Attaching Excel files to emails freezes the browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Attaching Excel files to emails freezes the browser: I have an issue with attaching Excel files to emails. The browser (and it is doesn’t matter which browser I am using) freezes when I attach this file type. Any help?...
  7. browser freezes when attaching excel file

browser freezes when attaching excel file: no matter which browser I use it freezes when I open an excel file to attach to an email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-freezes-when-attaching-excel-file/499bc624-8794-4938-9ef2-7409d76fc6b0
  8. File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser

File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser: Whenever I attempt to access the file explorer from an internet browser (any) it freezes. An example includes attaching an email. I can still drag files from the file explorer for upload into an email. It seems there is a communication issue between the internet browser and...
  9. how to close browser

in Browsers and Email
    how to close browser: Mcafee asked me to close my browser. How to do it? 126633
  10. how to close browser

in Windows 10 Support
    how to close browser: Mcafee asked me to close my browser. How to do it? 126633