Windows 10: Internet Browser

Discus and support Internet Browser in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It's been a while since this board has discussed and recommended Internet Browsers. A few years ago, Pale Moon was a board favorite. I have been using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Samuel1941, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Internet Browser

It's been a while since this board has discussed and recommended Internet Browsers.
    A few years ago, Pale Moon was a board favorite.
    I have been using it, but even though I keep it updated, it has some failures on some web sites.

What is everyone's current favorite??
    Internet Explorer (outdated)
    Edge (MicroSoft's newest)
    Chrome
    Mozilla/FireFox
    Opera
    CCleaner Browser (I just found this)
    Or ????

Which Browser(s) would you avoid?

Thanks for you input............... Internet Browser :)

Samuel1941, Nov 23, 2019

2. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2019
  3. how to set Internet Explorer as default browser in Windows 10

Hi George,

As you want to set Internet Explorer as the default browser, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, under Web browser, click on Microsoft edge and select
      Internet Explorer.
    • Restart the system and check.

Hope this helps. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 23, 2019
  4. pb70 Win User

Internet Browser

Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

OK here we go -

1. Try Microsoft Edge - worked perfectly

2. Installed Google Chrome - worked perfectly

3. Tried your Option 1 - Troubleshooter "found and fixed" a Windows Update component

Tried IE after the troubleshooter - still have same problem.

4. Tried your Option 2 - still have same problem.

Pat

Thema:

Internet Browser

1. Internet Browser - Similar Threads - Internet Browser

2. My computer is connected to the internet, but the browser says it's disconnected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is connected to the internet, but the browser says it's disconnected?: My computer Windows 11 can successfully connect to the Internet where there are no issues detected in the troubleshooter, and where it says 'connected' in the network settings, however, whenever I try to search for something online, the web browser will just say DNS not...
  3. My computer is connected to the internet, but the browser says it's disconnected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is connected to the internet, but the browser says it's disconnected?: My computer Windows 11 can successfully connect to the Internet where there are no issues detected in the troubleshooter, and where it says 'connected' in the network settings, however, whenever I try to search for something online, the web browser will just say DNS not...
  4. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet: We tried using chrome and it worked just fine but edge, which we’ve been using for years will not connect to the Internet what could cause this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-edge-as-browser-unable-to-connect-to/eca56c73-1059-42ec-adb5-4cb5a62f0e7a
  5. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet: We tried using chrome and it worked just fine but edge, which we’ve been using for years will not connect to the Internet what could cause this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-edge-as-browser-unable-to-connect-to/eca56c73-1059-42ec-adb5-4cb5a62f0e7a
  6. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

7. Cannot access web pages with any browser - windows 11 and internet access working

Cannot access web pages with any browser - windows 11 and internet access working: I’ve trawled through the web for days and cannot find a useful answer to my problem so this is my last hope!For the last few days I have been unable to access any website with any browser on my Dell Laptop running Windows 11. Everything returns ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED. All...
  8. Cannot access web pages with any browser - windows 11 and internet access working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access web pages with any browser - windows 11 and internet access working: I’ve trawled through the web for days and cannot find a useful answer to my problem so this is my last hope!For the last few days I have been unable to access any website with any browser on my Dell Laptop running Windows 11. Everything returns ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED. All...
  9. My windows device is connected to internet, however my network doesnt work on browser and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows device is connected to internet, however my network doesnt work on browser and...: HI ALL,My network & internet settings say im connected to the interenet- ive been using the same network of multiple devices and its working fine. except the device in question. I have tried everything...
  10. My windows device is connected to internet, however my network doesnt work on browser and...

My windows device is connected to internet, however my network doesnt work on browser and...: HI ALL,My network & internet settings say im connected to the interenet- ive been using the same network of multiple devices and its working fine. except the device in question. I have tried everything...