Windows 10: Internet Browsers Crashing after updating

Discus and support Internet Browsers Crashing after updating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have an HP Spectre 360 purchased around 2015 and up until recently its worked very well. I updated windows the other day and ever since both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Quinn1997, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Quinn1997 Win User

Internet Browsers Crashing after updating

Hello,

I have an HP Spectre 360 purchased around 2015 and up until recently its worked very well. I updated windows the other day and ever since both Edge and Chrome have been crashing after they open for a few seconds. The only thing that will actually stay open is internet explorer. I have webroot virus protection and it hasn’t detected a virus or malware issue. I thought it could be a hardware issue with my computer but everything else operates normally except the internet browsers so i’m thinking it’s a windows issue.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

Quinn1997, Jan 4, 2021

2. Browser Tab Crashing

Hi,

Corrupted browser cache and extensions are some of the things that can cause your browser to crash. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different browser other than the ones mentioned above? If yes, did you encounter the same error?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

To rule out any performance issues, we suggest that you replicate your concern while you're in the clean boot environment and check if the issue persists. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 4, 2021
  3. bumgarb42 Win User
    Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

I left Firefox open over night and attempted to login to LastPass this morning - all the addons crashed. I had Firefox Task Manager open at the time and before attempting the login all addons were in the list and not using very much resources. After attempting login, all of the addons disappeared from the Firefox Task Manager list.

I will try the additional suggestions.

If I want to try a new profile without losing my saved/sync profile (and hopefully with the option of syncing my data back into the new profile) what steps should I take? Or is it just a given that if it is profile corruption, the sync profile is junk...?

Thanks!

Internet Browsers Crashing after updating [​IMG]

Internet Browsers Crashing after updating [​IMG]

bumgarb42, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Internet Browsers Crashing after updating

Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Internet Browsers Crashing after updating

1. Internet Browsers Crashing after updating - Similar Threads - Internet Browsers Crashing

2. Roblox crashed on the internet browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox crashed on the internet browser: well,i didnt do anything to roblox but for some reason 1 day when i opened my browser it crashed it never happend but it dosent work on anything but micrsoft store and i dont really find it easy to use for me it said something about 3rd party when i tried to enter anyway i...
  3. Roblox crashed on the internet browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox crashed on the internet browser: well,i didnt do anything to roblox but for some reason 1 day when i opened my browser it crashed it never happend but it dosent work on anything but micrsoft store and i dont really find it easy to use for me it said something about 3rd party when i tried to enter anyway i...
  4. Roblox crashed on the internet browser

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Internet Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Browser: 23.3.2022Hello,I have heard that on Win 11 the only Browser allowed is Edge. I do not want to use Edge, I would like to use Opera and/or firefox and do not like being hemmed in on my choices.Is it possible to use Opera and Firefox on Win11 without any problems? If not, this...
  6. Internet Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Browser: 23.3.2022Hello,I have heard that on Win 11 the only Browser allowed is Edge. I do not want to use Edge, I would like to use Opera and/or firefox and do not like being hemmed in on my choices.Is it possible to use Opera and Firefox on Win11 without any problems? If not, this...
  7. Internet Browsers not working after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Browsers not working after latest Windows 10 update: So I finally updated my laptop to the latest Windows 10 update (KB5000802) after I noticed the System Memory was bugging out at 100% all the time, which slowed things quite a bit. However, after doing the upgrade and restarting my computer, I noticed any browser (Chrome,...
  8. After update browser is unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update browser is unable to connect to internet: Hi, my Dell laptop asked on Thursday for update. Since finish of update any browser (IE, Firefox etc.) is giving me response that it is unable to connect to internet. Strange thing is that when I run cmd - I can get ping response from any server which I want....
  9. Cannot connect to the internet browser after crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to the internet browser after crashing: My PC crashed and I had to hard restart my PC but now I received a lot of issues connected with sound and internet access. I managed to get sound working but all my attempts to connect to the internet browser have no effect....
  10. Internet browsers dont work after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet browsers dont work after update.: Evening, Today 11/16/18, started normally enough. Fired up my hp laptop and started my online school work through google chrome. Took a break when the computer told me it needed to be restarted to install updates. Three were installed and I fired it back up to...