Windows 10: Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes

Discus and support Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am noticing that my internet browsers fluctuate from "Apps" to "Background Processes" in the Task Manager. May I ask how can I adjust it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by watkd2500, Jun 23, 2019.

1. watkd2500 Win User

Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes

Hello,

I am noticing that my internet browsers fluctuate from "Apps" to "Background Processes" in the Task Manager.

May I ask how can I adjust it so that it stops running as a "Background Process"?

On occasion, I will see that there are programs that are hidden from the Background Process list but they count as actual background processes.

I have provided a picture below of an application that is supposed to be a background process.

Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes a6b4e37d-0f53-4005-ab9b-0ab2fd670117?upload=true.png

:)

watkd2500, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Davidk03 Win User

Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Desktop app runs as background process?

Thank you for your reply, Joy.

I tried what you suggested and unfortunately my application isn't listed there. It's not a Windows 10 app, but an older 32-bit application that should run in windowed mode, but for some reason when I double click its icon it starts as a background process
    instead of a windowed app. That happens in most of the cases, fortunately, at the end it somehow starts as a desktop app. But I cannot reproduce this behavior.

As a temporary solution, to keep it in windowed mode I never shut the computer down, but instead I leave the application running and put the computer to sleep.

Is there a setting to instruct Windows to run my application as a desktop application and not as a background process? Thank you.

Regards,

A

useless-me, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes

Photos app hogging resources in background

Ian, this suggestion was posted on my other thread:

We understand that not all of users are using the Photos app on Windows 10, if not very often. If you don't want this app to be running on background when not in use, there is a way you can turn this
    off. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• In Cortana, type Privacy Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Look for Background apps.
    • Look for Photos in the list.
    • Flip the switch to Off.
    • Restart your computer.

After you restart your computer, you can check if the Photos app is still running in background. You can use these steps to turn off any running background applications as it is not limited to Photos
    app alone. In this way, you can conserve a lot of power and process allowance.

I just followed these instructions, and now have to wait to see if it works. I'm hoping it solves your problem, too!

BarryG_961, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes

1. Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes - Similar Threads - Internet Browsers Fluctuating

2. Internet Speed Fluctuating From 300+ to 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Speed Fluctuating From 300+ to 5: Hey, My computer has recently started to lag a lot in terms of internet speed. One second it's doing fine at 300 mpbs, then goes to 60m then to 5. I have tried:A complete clean reinstall of windows 11, deleting all partitions and reinstallingUpdating the drivers from the HP...
  3. Internet Speed Fluctuating From 300+ to 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Speed Fluctuating From 300+ to 5: Hey, My computer has recently started to lag a lot in terms of internet speed. One second it's doing fine at 300 mpbs, then goes to 60m then to 5. I have tried:A complete clean reinstall of windows 11, deleting all partitions and reinstallingUpdating the drivers from the HP...
  4. App running as background process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App running as background process: Hello,I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  5. App running as background process

App running as background process: Hello,I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  6. App running as background process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App running as background process: Hello, I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  7. App running as background process

App running as background process: Hello, I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  8. Connection error internet fluctuate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection error internet fluctuate: Hello,I need some help with my network, I am using a windows 11 PC and done no changes before closing my PC earlier. I re open it now and I cannot connect to internet, it is working in my phone and the cable is attached properly. The network driver is having an error. Tried...
  9. Connection error internet fluctuate

Connection error internet fluctuate: Hello,I need some help with my network, I am using a windows 11 PC and done no changes before closing my PC earlier. I re open it now and I cannot connect to internet, it is working in my phone and the cable is attached properly. The network driver is having an error. Tried...
  10. Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Browsers Fluctuating from Apps to Background Processes: Hello, I am noticing that my internet browsers fluctuate from "Apps" to "Background Processes" in the Task Manager. May I ask how can I adjust it so that it stops running as a "Background Process"? On occasion, I will see that there are programs that are hidden from the...