Windows 10: Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc

Discus and support Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc in Cortana to solve the problem; Occasionally, I would just be browsing the internet when all of a sudden there is a message saying I have to reload the page, and this is on Google... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Joshay, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Joshay Win User

Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc

Occasionally, I would just be browsing the internet when all of a sudden there is a message saying I have to reload the page, and this is on Google Chrome. I go over to Microsoft Edge and it just closes the whole browser when I open it. If that doesn't happen my laptop would randomly stop everything it's doing and go onto a black screen. (As if I was clicking the F9 key myself)

What does this mean?

:)

Joshay, Jul 24, 2019

2. Unable to close Internet Explorer browser on Windows 10.

Hi Erica,

The above issue might occur due to missing or corrupted browser components on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Does the issue persists on accessing a particular website on the browser?
    • Did you check if similar issue persists on using other browsers on the computer (Microsoft Edge, other)?
    • Do you get any error message or error code when the browser fails to close?

Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if any of the browser component is missing or corrupted.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Internet Explorer Performance,
      click on Advanced option and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing or corrupted browser components after the troubleshooting is complete and check if the issue is resolved.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to try clearing cookies and check if that helps. Refer the below link:

Delete and manage cookies

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of Internet Explorer not closing on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Internet Explorer keeps reopening after I close browser

Hi,

In order for us to properly address your issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you install any toolbars or add-ons in Internet Explorer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    The initial troubleshooting steps you can try is to reset Internet Explorer. Follow the steps below to reset Internet Explorer.

• Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows.
    • Press the Windows key + R.
    • At the command prompt that comes up, type inetcpl.cpl and then hit Enter.
    • When Internet Options opens, select the Advanced tab.
    • Look for Reset Internet Explorer Settings.
    • Choose Reset.
    • When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the default settings, select
      Close.
    We'll wait for the result.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc

Windows randomly closes

My windows will randomly just close at odd times. Any suggestions?

MelissaPhilbert, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc

1. Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc - Similar Threads - Internet Browsers Randomly

2. Browsers Closing autoatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers Closing autoatically: Hi All,All browsers in my laptop Chrome, Edge and Firefox are frequently closing automatically without any warning. This started after I upgraded to windows 11. Please help. I have so far tried to look for any malware full scan with antivirus gave no result, any scheduled...
  3. Browsers Closing autoatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers Closing autoatically: Hi All,All browsers in my laptop Chrome, Edge and Firefox are frequently closing automatically without any warning. This started after I upgraded to windows 11. Please help. I have so far tried to look for any malware full scan with antivirus gave no result, any scheduled...
  4. Web browsers keep randomly closing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web browsers keep randomly closing.: I recently encountered this issue earlier today. Google chrome was working fine a week before. It doesn’t take to long for a web browser to close by itself. Ranging from 10 seconds to about 2 minutes. I did notice on google chrome that the browser was not closed properly,...
  5. Updated Windows 10, & mouse flickering & internet browser randomly closing - HELP!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated Windows 10, & mouse flickering & internet browser randomly closing - HELP!: I updated my Windows 10 recently, and ever since, my mouse has been playing up - in that it flickers a lot, and makes it hard to know where I need to click my mouse on. I've changed my mouse, and it still happens. In addition, whatever internet page I've got open, for some...
  6. Internet browser closing when attaching files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet browser closing when attaching files: It does not matter which Internet Browser I use, when I try and attach a file it closes down. When I open it again I get a "restore previous" message...
  7. how to close browser

in Browsers and Email
    how to close browser: Mcafee asked me to close my browser. How to do it? 126633
  8. how to close browser

in Windows 10 Support
    how to close browser: Mcafee asked me to close my browser. How to do it? 126633
  9. Browser Malware Etc

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Malware Etc: A while back I commented on browsers, namely firefox, adding malware to their product. I was told basically that this was impossible if I got it from source, which I always do. I meant to produce some visual evidence but a bad memory let time slip by. Here is a screen...
  10. IRQL not less or equal after closing browser, media player,etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL not less or equal after closing browser, media player,etc: I get BSOD and restart with error IRQL not less or equal after closing browser, media player. 37729

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 web browser closes randomly