Windows 10: Internet browsing slow

Discus and support Internet browsing slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since a recent Windows 10 update I am experiencing extremely slow internet browsing and have problems with such as internet banking, and errors popping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LW64, Aug 8, 2018.

1. LW64 Win User

Internet browsing slow

Since a recent Windows 10 update I am experiencing extremely slow internet browsing and have problems with such as internet banking, and errors popping up saying there is a problem with most sites I am viewing, even though I know there is no problem as when I connect to same sites on a different machine they work fine. I have good internet speeds eg PING is at 26, Download speed 10 upload speed 0.2; I have spoken to MS technician who helped me re-install Windows 10 and this did nothing I have still the same issues.. I tried to ring back and was cut off, I also rang one of the sites I was viewing and they cannot help advising they are not having any technical issues at all at their end and that it must be my PC. My PC is fairly new and has lots of free space, I have cleared cache, cookies, history etc.. I have changed browser, and have same issue with Google Chrome, Firefox and MS Edge... Please can someone help me? … Internet browsing slow :(

:)

LW64, Aug 8, 2018

2. Brand New laptop - but browsing/internet SLOW - help

Hi Sonja,

Slow browsing and downloading concerns can be related to incorrect network configuration settings. If the issue is confined to using the mentioned browsers, it could be a result of profile or Windows Update corruption. Let us review some things to correctly
    address the issue. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Do you get a specific error message along with downloading or browsing the Internet?
    • How are you connected to the Internet? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Do you encounter the same difficulty using another profile?
    • What specific steps have you taken so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Slow internet browsing

after I resetting my pc (windows 10 version 1511) my internet browsing is extremely slow. Please assist. I tried for the last 2 days to connect to the answer desk but to no avail

VernonNogabie, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Internet browsing slow

WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Internet browsing slow

1. Internet browsing slow - Similar Threads - Internet browsing slow

2. internet browsing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet browsing: Hi, I can't browse YouTube and some other cites after I installed win10, how I can solve this problem? I appreciate any help Thank you & best regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-browsing/e2abfbb5-876a-40cb-912c-496147436d93
  3. Slow browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow browsing: I have Windows 19 Pro Version 1903. Bowsing is extremely slow an all common browsers. When I scan my C-Disc I get results like this:[ATTACH] or like this:[ATTACH] When I start a repair program which corrects the errors, I have normal browsing speed for some time. But after...
  4. Slow Internet Browsing but Only on One User Account

Slow Internet Browsing but Only on One User Account: Hi, I have an HP Envy Desktop Computer with 2 User Accounts, It has an i7 processor, 16Gb memory,128 Gb SSD, Windows 10 (Version 1803), Norton Security with which I have carried out a full security scan, with no problems detected I also have a fast BT internet...
  5. Slow Internet Browsing but Only on One User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Internet Browsing but Only on One User Account: Hi, I have an HP Envy Desktop Computer with 2 User Accounts, It has an i7 processor, 16Gb memory,128 Gb SSD, Windows 10 (Version 1803), Norton Security with which I have carried out a full security scan, with no problems detected I also have a fast BT internet connection...
  6. Connected to internet but can’t browse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected to internet but can’t browse: Hi there. We have just got a new wifi connection. Works fine on tablets and mobiles BUT when we use on Acer laptop with Windows 10. It connects successfully to our network and we can download BUT we cant browse. We have tried multiple browsers and web sites. Any ideas...
  7. Internet connects but can’t browse

Internet connects but can’t browse: i have recently changed from a TalkTalk router to a Sky router (I’m in the uk) and the problems started from there. However, my ipad/phone and tv connect successfully to the internet as well as my wife’s windows 7 laptop. My pc and work pc will not connect using any browser...
  8. Can't browse internet reliably

Can't browse internet reliably: I have a brand new Dell 3668 with Windows 10. About 50% of the time when I boot it up, internet browsing does not work (get a timeout message while trying to access web addresses) and also a message pops up on the Desktop stating "Could not connect to One Drive". However,...
  9. Upgrade to 10 - Browsing Slow

in Browsers and Email
    Upgrade to 10 - Browsing Slow: Hi All, Upgraded my Windows machine to 10 last week. I didn't want to take any chances so I did a totally clean install. I haven't made any tweaks or installed any programs. My laptop is an ASUS dual core AMD with 4GB of memory and a 750GB hard drive. When I use...
  10. Unable to Browse Internet

Unable to Browse Internet: My husband & I try to remotely support his father's HP desktop. In the last month or so he can get email, TeamViewer for remote access works fine we can ping websites by name and IP but cannot browse to them by name or IP. We have done all the things recommended on MS site...