Windows 10: Internet closing by itself

Discus and support Internet closing by itself in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I am on the internet (either Edge or Firefox), I can be reading something and the internet just closes. I can reopen the internet again and it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MargaretHancock1, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Internet closing by itself

When I am on the internet (either Edge or Firefox), I can be reading something and the internet just closes. I can reopen the internet again and it will usually take me back to where I was. How can I stop this or is this just something else I just have to live with (don't like the hovering thing either).

:)

MargaretHancock1, Jan 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 Internet Explorer keeps reopening after I close browser

Hi,

In order for us to properly address your issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you install any toolbars or add-ons in Internet Explorer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    The initial troubleshooting steps you can try is to reset Internet Explorer. Follow the steps below to reset Internet Explorer.

• Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows.
    • Press the Windows key + R.
    • At the command prompt that comes up, type inetcpl.cpl and then hit Enter.
    • When Internet Options opens, select the Advanced tab.
    • Look for Reset Internet Explorer Settings.
    • Choose Reset.
    • When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the default settings, select
      Close.
    We'll wait for the result.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Internet Explorer Pop-Up invisible in Desktop

Thank you for the update, David. For further troubleshooting, we would like to know if Internet Explorer appears in Task Manager even without starting Internet Explorer or it appears and remains in Task Manager after opening and closing Internet Explorer?

If after opening Internet Explorer and it appears and remains in the Task Manager, we suggest opening Internet Explorer without add-ons and see if the issue persists. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button (lower-left corner) in Windows, and click
      Run.
    Alternatively, you can press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard.

• In the Run box, type iexplore.exe -extoff
      and press Enter.

If doing the steps above eliminates the issue, then we suggest following this
    article
    for you to be able to manage/disable add-ons that's causing the issue in Internet Explorer 11. Managing
    other versions are also available at the bottom of the article.

We will be waiting for your update.

Loreto Osa, Jan 8, 2019
  4. SUB
    SuB Win User

Internet closing by itself

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

Thema:

Internet closing by itself

1. Internet closing by itself - Similar Threads - Internet closing itself

2. Clipping Tool doesn't close itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipping Tool doesn't close itself: When opening the Windows Clipping Tool service "ScreenClippingHost.exe", that app opens and shows the overlay properly, and when taking the shot, it normally closes itself. I don't know why but suddenly it stopped closing itself, which causes that the app can't be used again...
  3. Game closes by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game closes by itself: After every few games I play, the game will unprompted ask 'Are you sure you want to exit the game?' and then if I click no, the game continues for a little bit, then stutters a little bit, and then fully closes the game with no information. I've been kicked from multiple...
  4. FH4 Closes Itself at Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FH4 Closes Itself at Loading Screen: In FH4, when i complete tutorial, my game crashes and when i start the game, it crashes on loading screen. I tried with different Xbox accounts. When I change Xbox account, fresh save comes in and I play tutorial again. At the same race, game closes itself and same loading...
  5. Windows Defender closes itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender closes itself: Hey everyone! The other day, I was trying to download a file that one of my friends sent to me. I downloaded it, but it got instantly deleted by Windows Defender. I know that it's not a virus, so I tried to enable it in Windows Defender. the option called "allow on device"...
  6. Programs tabbing / closing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs tabbing / closing by itself: So I'm having 2 separated problems. One is programs mostly games tabbing out by itself though I can still go back to the window and then another problem is the program closing by itself. The 2nd problem is happening in every program including google chrome. After the program...
  7. Programme closing itself

Programme closing itself: I recently reinstalled Panorama Maker4 on my PC, which I used to use before updating to Windows10. I have a disc to load the software from, that came with a camera. Once installed on the PC, when I click on the shortcut the programme opens up, and I breifly see the normal...
  8. Programme closing itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Programme closing itself: I recently reinstalled Panorama Maker4 on my PC, which I used to use before updating to Windows10. I have a disc to load the software from, that came with a camera. Once installed on the PC, when I click on the shortcut the programme opens up, and I breifly see the normal...
  9. Command Prompt closing by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt closing by itself: While i try to access Command Prompt, it opens in full sice for less than half of a second, then chages into very small size (viz. picture) near upper left corner of a screen and after cca half a second closes completly. picture I also noticed the command prompt appears for...
  10. Calculator closing itself while starting.

Calculator closing itself while starting.: Hi, I have an issue with the Calculator app today, it's always closing while started. Before installing the cumulative updates last night, the app is working properly. Here is the event error log. General tab Faulting application name: Calculator.exe, version:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet closing by itself