Windows 10: Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10

Discus and support Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 13 on Windows 10 and suddenly by browsers wont work and other features wont connect to the internet even though in the taskbar it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by snowfun84, Sep 11, 2018.

1. snowfun84 Win User

Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10

I have a Dell XPS 13 on Windows 10 and suddenly by browsers wont work and other features wont connect to the internet even though in the taskbar it says I'm connected to my WiFi. I've tried: restarting my computer, restarting my router and I've done all the winsock resets and stuff and nothing works. I've gone thru all previous answers to this problem and the solutions dont work for me. Please outline steps clearly as I'm pretty basic at computer stuff.

THANK YOU

:)

snowfun84, Sep 11, 2018
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. New Windows 10 upgrade Internet browsers won't work

Hi Spencer,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

We appreciate you for trying some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• On which browser you are not able to browse internet except Internet Explorer/EDGE?

• Do you get any error when you try to access internet on particular browser?

• Do you use any proxy server?

• What are the Microsoft fixes you tried to resolve the issue?
    As a work around, I suggest you to browse the Internet on Internet Explorer/EDGE as you are able to browse internet on these browsers.

Kindly follow the below step and check if it helps.

Try to change the settings on the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

1) Open Internet Explorer on the desktop.

2) Click on Tools icon option on the top right corner.

3) Select Internet Options from the list.

4) Click on Connection tab.

5) Click on LAN Settings.

6) Check the box which says “Automatically detect settings ".

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10

1. Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internet connected browsers

2. Internet connection only works on web browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection only works on web browsers: I really dont know how to word this question, I've been having an issue where i would be "connected" to the internet, can browse and do everything just fine, but websites will sometimes say i am "disconnected" and many programs on my computer refuse to run because they are...
  3. Internet connection only works on web browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection only works on web browsers: I really dont know how to word this question, I've been having an issue where i would be "connected" to the internet, can browse and do everything just fine, but websites will sometimes say i am "disconnected" and many programs on my computer refuse to run because they are...
  4. Browsers won't work but windows is connected to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers won't work but windows is connected to internet: So, getting right into the meat of it. Opera, Edge, Chrome and Vivaldi browsers won't open pages.Interestingly enough, the browsers are able to load half a page the instant you open them but then nothing works after that.Windows news, windows update, online installers, CMD...
  5. No internet browser is working windows 10

No internet browser is working windows 10: I have installed windows 10 a week ago and since then i am facing this weird issue. After connecting , to internet sometimes browser works fine and sometimes it doesn't. It shows this error on Firefox. I am not using any anti virus. Please help!!![IMG]...
  6. Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine: Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also works perfectly fine. I do not have an...
  7. Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working

Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working: This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I would be grateful of a resolution. I have a fully updated Windows 10 Pro 1903 system which worked perfectly well before the 1903 update. If I open Chrome, IE, Edge or Chrome Portable, after some thinking time, it may load one page,...
  8. Windows 10 Internet Connection working Browsers stop working

Windows 10 Internet Connection working Browsers stop working: How to fix???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-internet-connection-working-browsers/40a0f660-8b64-4c11-996e-bfb1f16883fd
  9. internet connection, browsers working poorly.

in Browsers and Email
    internet connection, browsers working poorly.: Windows 10 Like the title says, bad browser performance with a good internet connection. Google Chrome wont work at all, firefox works sometimes, edge works sometimes. Its only been happening over the past few days. I have a laptop at home on win 10, it must have received...
  10. Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically: After having my laptop on for a few hours I encounter a situation where I clearly have an internet connection but my browsers do not work, (both Firefox and Edge). What's weird is, on firefox, it will usually go to home page (google) and google will search, but from there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. browsers not working in windows 10

2. browsers not working windows 10

3. internet is working but no browser is working in win10

4. windows 10 edge browser not connected to internet other browser does,
  5. all browsers except internet explorer stopped connecting to the internet,
  6. have internet connection but browsers not working,
  7. internet is working but browsers are not,
  8. internet connected but browser is not working,
  9. internet browsers dont work,
  10. not able to go online using browsers,
  11. browser not working but connected to interenet,