Windows 10: Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade

Discus and support Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded a Dell Latitude E6530 to Win10 from Win7. Everything works great except connecting to internet. Can connect to router with ethernet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MP5050, Apr 1, 2020.

1. MP5050 Win User

Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade

I upgraded a Dell Latitude E6530 to Win10 from Win7. Everything works great except connecting to internet.

Can connect to router with ethernet, laptop wireless card and tp-link wireless dongle, but not to internet. Same result trying to connect to phone hotspot. All other wireless devices are connecting as advertised.

Indication is "no internet, secured". Troubleshooting indicates problem with the drivers for the ethernet and wifi adapters.

Followed multiple threads on steps to try, from rebooting devices to checking network configuration, uninstalling/reinstalling adapter drivers, disabling virus and firewall, deleting temp files, checking for updates that interfere with wifi, and a network reset.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

:)

MP5050, Apr 1, 2020
  2. MP5050 Win User

I upgraded a Dell Latitude E6530 to Win10 from Win7. Everything works great except connecting to internet.

Can connect to router with ethernet, laptop wireless card and tp-link wireless dongle, but not to internet. Same result trying to connect to phone hotspot. All other wireless devices are connecting as advertised.

Indication is "no internet, secured". Troubleshooting indicates problem with the drivers for the ethernet and wifi adapters.

Followed multiple threads on steps to try, from rebooting devices to checking network configuration, uninstalling/reinstalling adapter drivers, disabling virus and firewall, deleting temp files, checking for updates that interfere with wifi, and a network
    reset.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

MP5050, May 25, 2020
  3. Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade

MirekHladik, May 25, 2020
  4. Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Win10

2. Lost connection to internet - Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost connection to internet - Win10: I am suddenly not able to connect to the internet on my Windows 10 laptop using either ethernet or wifi older Gateway NV57H94u. No problems connecting other devices I'm writing this on my iMac, but I also tried to reset modem-router just in case. I am at a loss for what...
  3. Lost connection to internet - Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost connection to internet - Win10: I am suddenly not able to connect to the internet on my Windows 10 laptop using either ethernet or wifi older Gateway NV57H94u. No problems connecting other devices I'm writing this on my iMac, but I also tried to reset modem-router just in case. I am at a loss for what...
  4. Connection Win10 to Internet with cable Ethernet after upgrade Win7 to Win10

Connection Win10 to Internet with cable Ethernet after upgrade Win7 to Win10: Win7 was connected to Internet using cable Ethernet directly to provider with help Microsoft 6to4 tunnel adapter. After upgrade Win7 to Win10 this last does't want to connect directly to the provider by cable. Please help me....
  5. Connection Win10 to Internet with cable Ethernet after upgrade Win7 to Win10

Connection Win10 to Internet with cable Ethernet after upgrade Win7 to Win10: Win7 was connected to the Internet using cable Ethernet directly to provider with help Microsoft 6to4 tunnel adapter. After upgrade Win7 to Win10 this last does't want to connect directly to the provider by cable. Please help me....
  6. After win10 update unable to connect to internet.

After win10 update unable to connect to internet.: I updated my laptop last night and since then I cant connect to the internet. I've tried flushing the DNA server and looked into rolling back the driver update but as there is no net connection I cant get the laptop to search for a driver. I resent the fact that as this is an...
  7. Bad Internet Connection After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad Internet Connection After Upgrade: Hi, I just got my computer upgraded with some more storage its a 1TB SSD from samsung made for laptops. After I got my computer back from Geek Squad at Best Buy, I had horrible Wi-Fi connection. Before the storage was put in, I got pretty good Wi-Fi and I only used a LAN...
  8. Win10 Internet connection issues

Win10 Internet connection issues: Greetings, since a few days i do have quite some issues regarding my Internet Connection on my PC. I´m not able to connect to certain websites, like Wetter, Wettervorhersage & Wetterbericht | wetter.com. Youtube on the other hand works without a flaw. Also some Software...
  9. No internet connection after upgrade

No internet connection after upgrade: Hi, I upgraded my ageing Dell Inspiron 530 desktop PC this morning from Win7 Ultimate to Win10 Pro. The PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable. All seems fine in terms of the OS, but I have no internet access. I know the router's OK as my other devices are fine....
  10. Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10

Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10: I did the upgrade from W-8.1 to 10 in November and have had several problems since. The most pernicious problem is the loss of my Internet Connection. I had my ISP service dude have a go; but no joy. He concluded it is a software problem. Everything is properly connected and...