Windows 10: Internet connection appears to be fine, but can't connect as websites "time out".

Discus and support Internet connection appears to be fine, but can't connect as websites "time out". in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am on Windows 10. Internet connection shows no problems with Troubleshooter. Have checked Firewall and Adapter settings and they appear fine. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sueleonard2, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Internet connection appears to be fine, but can't connect as websites "time out".

I am on Windows 10. Internet connection shows no problems with Troubleshooter. Have checked Firewall and Adapter settings and they appear fine. I get an "ERR connection timed out" message for websites, or websites connect and then do not move. When I do get a connection, it is extremely slow.

:)

sueleonard2, Aug 8, 2020
  2. quaductas Win User

Ping works fine, but no Internet connection in browser

Without having changed any settings, I can't access the Internet anymore through my laptop running Windows 10. Every browser tells me the connection has timed out. I can connect to the router and other devices on the network are not affected. Windows tells me that I am "connected to the Internet" but apparently, that's no help. It doesn't seem to work through other WiFi networks or ethernet either.

ping google.com works fine and surfing by IP address does not help.
    I tried restarting the computer, restarting the router, resetting IP configuration with no avail. I couldn't find a problem in the network settings either. I tried about anything suggested on this website.
    I hope someone of you has any idea as to what could resolve the issue. Thanks.

Update

So it turns out I can access google websites such as google.com or youtube, but nothing else. I tried some of the suggestions I found online, but nothing worked. Ideas?

quaductas, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

Internet connection appears to be fine, but can't connect as websites "time out". 189114715.png

imperialreign, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Internet connection appears to be fine, but can't connect as websites "time out".

internet connection problem

So yeah..this is for a friend,she has 3 computers connected to the router right.
    Her computer,her dads and her brothers.
    The problem is..there all connected and they can access internet fine but her brothers computer can't access internet explorer or mozilla firefox,it shows blank page.
    Any sugguestion on fixing this? he is connected by wireless like his sister but his sister can go on mozilla firefox no problem but he can't.

kurosagi01, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Internet connection appears to be fine, but can't connect as websites "time out".

1. Internet connection appears to be fine, but can't connect as websites "time out". - Similar Threads - Internet connection appears

2. I'm connected to internet but can't connect to websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm connected to internet but can't connect to websites: I'm connected to internet but can't connect to websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-connected-to-internet-but-cant-connect-to/3a19ba45-3733-48e8-ac19-d94fadf4b065
  3. I'm connected to internet but can't connect to websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm connected to internet but can't connect to websites: I'm connected to internet but can't connect to websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-connected-to-internet-but-cant-connect-to/3a19ba45-3733-48e8-ac19-d94fadf4b065
  4. I'm connected to internet but can't connect to websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Internet connection keeps timing out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Internet connection keeps timing out: Hello,I have a Dell Inspiron Windows 10 laptop computer. Lately, when I try to connect to the Internet, my connection keeps timing out. I use the Firefox, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edger browsers. With Edge, the browser keeps trying to make a connection until it gets one....
  6. My Internet connection keeps timing out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Internet connection keeps timing out: Hello,I have a Dell Inspiron Windows 10 laptop computer. Lately, when I try to connect to the Internet, my connection keeps timing out. I use the Firefox, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edger browsers. With Edge, the browser keeps trying to make a connection until it gets one....
  7. Internet is connected but can't open any website

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet is connected but can't open any website: Since i changed something on my hosts file (blocked some sites) the internet isn't working anymore. I also can't change or replace the hosts file anymore because its says it is used in another program. Also i can't close the DNS-Client with the task-manager as admin. (Dns...
  8. Internet connection icon doesn't appear and can't connect to ethernet

Internet connection icon doesn't appear and can't connect to ethernet: I have Windows 10 Pro version 1903. It worked fine until today. The logo for internet connection doesn't appear in the taskbar at all. Going into taskbar settings, it says it is displayed, so nothing I can do from there. I can't connect at all. In network status, it shows ——...
  9. Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine

Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine: Have Win 10, and just moved house, last house had virgin media fibre and the internet to main PC would disappear 2-3 times daily, but wifi was ok. Virgin came out and checked the line & router twice, and said the line was perfect at 100 meg, changed the router to be safe and...
  10. Connection times out for one specific website

Connection times out for one specific website: So I recently have gone off to college, bringing a desktop, a laptop and an iPhone. All websites except my school's website(s) load perfectly on all three devices, but only my phone can access school-related websites. So school.edu, xxx.school.edu, anything like that will not...