Windows 10: Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus

Discus and support Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have later AVG virus software working ok but I cant find a way of deleting the previous 2015 version and it is apparently blocking my internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisTurner137, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus

I have later AVG virus software working ok but I cant find a way of deleting the previous 2015 version and it is apparently blocking my internet access, according to windows 10 diagnosis.

How can I cure this problem please?

:)

ChrisTurner137, Jan 10, 2019
  2. elbmek Win User

AVG Internet Security does not work any longer

I too have had problems with my AVG 2015. I hit the brown button and told them what for, their reply was:

Thank you for contacting AVG. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
    As per our conversation I am sending email instructions to re-install AVG.

Please download and install AVG Internet security program through the below link.
    Download and install AVG AntiVirus, Internet Security or Premium Security

Your license number for AVG Internet Security is below:

If these instructions didn't resolve your issue, follow the steps below to have an AVG technician remotely access your computer and assist you, free of charge.
    The service is available 24/7.

1. Visit the AVG Remote Support website.
    2. Fill in the short form. Your Case number is available in the subject of this e-mail.
    3. Click Connect to an expert. A remote support file will be downloaded.
    4. Run the downloaded file.
    5. Use the opened window to chat with the AVG technician.
    Best regards,

Sreedevi Padmakumar
    AVG Customer Care

The reinstallation did work but then I statred having problems with their built in but free version of driver booster. Even though I have the fully paid up PRO AIS, I have to pay extra if I want Driver Booster to work fully - erm NO!

However, it kept telling me that 15 drivers needed updating including my Video software which was brand newly installed the day before.

I complained again and they said reinstall it!!! So I did, same result, 15 drivers that are 'old' - so I uninstalled that section, and left it as a liar!

elbmek, Jan 10, 2019
  3. elbmek Win User
    AVG 2015 Free Doesn't Work?

The Windows 10 compatible security products include:
    • Avast Free Antivirus 10.3.2223
    • AVG Internet Security 2015.0.6110
    • Avira Antivirus Pro 15.0.11.579
    • Bitdefender Internet Security 18.23.0.1604
    • BullGuard Internet Security 15.1.307
    • Emsisoft Anti-Malware 10.0.0.5561
    • ESET Smart Security 8.0.319.0
    • Fortinet FortiClient 5.2.3.0633
    • F-Secure Internet Security 15.3
    • Kaspersky Internet Security 16.0.0.614
    • Panda Free Antivirus 15.01.00.0006
    • Quick Heal Total Security 16.00 (9.0.0.46)
    • Sophos Enpoint Security and Control 10.3.12.312
    • Tencent PC Manager 10.11.25856.501
    • ThreatTrack VIPRE Internet Security 8.2.1.16
    • Trend Micro Internet Security 10.0.1150

copied from: List of approved Windows 10 compatible security products

my malwarebytes is fully functional so is spybot

elbmek, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Joseph541 Win User

Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus

Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is...

Nevermind this all. The main problem was AVG antivirus... somehow or somewhy it blocked every browsers connection to the internet connection but still allowed steam or other apps or games to work.

Joseph541, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus

1. Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus - Similar Threads - Internet connection blocked

2. Uninstall AVG Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus: If I uninstall AVG antivirus while in older Windows version like Windows 7, 8 etc, is firewall still on and unsupported microsoft defender enabled back automatically?...
  3. Removing antivirus such as AVG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing antivirus such as AVG: How do you remove AVG antivirusand stop their annoying pop-up ads? There was a tempting free trial offer to try AVG antivirus; only one of dozens on the market available to download. I was unsatisfied generally and now need to uninstall and remove it completely, mainly...
  4. AVG antivirus

AVG antivirus: How do i delete AVG free antivirus and use Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avg-antivirus/56a2cde5-8281-44d6-8b52-59b691cb882d"
  5. Unable to remove AVG Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove AVG Antivirus: I have a problem with AVG antivirus; in fact I think avg is a terrible virus itself. It is in my computer and I can’t get it out. Can some help get rid of that * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: I have a problem with AVG antivirus; in fact I...
  6. Cast to blocked by AVG

Cast to blocked by AVG: Hi All, I use my laptop to cast music to my TV device via wifi. This allows me to listen to music whilst working on my laptop. However, Since upgrading from 8.1 to windows 10, this function became unavailable. Having spent weeks googling possible problems, contacting...
  7. Inappropriate behavior of AVG Antivirus

Inappropriate behavior of AVG Antivirus: Hello Forum, I would like to share with you about AVG antivirus which is installed on my pc. When I turn on my pc, first thing is to update the virus definitions in avg, make some scan, then start doing whatever. Last week while reading something in the internet, suddenly...
  8. Free AVG blocking Updates and install of visual studio 2015 community?

Free AVG blocking Updates and install of visual studio 2015 community?: I did a clean install of Windows 10 for the 3rd time and somehow allways seem to lock either the windows update or the viual studio 2015 install.update.change program. I suspect it is Free AVG that is the couse bur I can't seem to find any confirmation of that. Can...
  9. AVG internet security blocks guest centos' internet

AVG internet security blocks guest centos' internet: My box is centos 7.1 x64 as guest virtualbox on windows 10 x64 as host. I could not connect with internet at cenots. At host windows' AVG internet security blocks guest centos' internet. When I uninstall AVG's firewall, guest centos' internet works well. 1....
  10. AVG 2015 Free Doesn't Work?

AVG 2015 Free Doesn't Work?: I read that AVG were bringing out updates, but when I upgraded to Windows 10, AVG no longer works or even loads up. Anyone got it working, or something? 12540