Windows 10: Internet Connection Broken/Unstable

Discus and support Internet Connection Broken/Unstable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The internet keeps dropping every now and then, becomes unresponsive and then starts working again. Long download speeds are broken and not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rajosik, Nov 10, 2016.

1. rajosik Win User

Internet Connection Broken/Unstable

The internet keeps dropping every now and then, becomes unresponsive and then starts working again.
    Long download speeds are broken and not continuous. Is it Windows 10?

Internet Connection Broken/Unstable [​IMG]

I've added a screenshot of the internet graph, it shouldn't be that way should it?

:)

rajosik, Nov 10, 2016

2. n73 firmwear

Thats a very old firmware version so you should update, if it lets you. If it's a network branded model it may not allow you to update.

If you have an unstable internet connection or computer then you shouldn't attempt the update. Losing the internet connection shouldn't cause the phone to brick but may cause the updater program to become unstable.

psychomania---01, Nov 10, 2016
  3. Mahaylea Win User
    Wifi/ internet connection unstable

Hi

Just bought a laptop with windows 10 on it. It keeps cutting in and out of internet connection with my netgear 6200. I plugged ethernet cable directly into laptop/ turned wifi off to try and establish stable connection. It still keeps cutting in and out.

I also upgraded to latest netgear drivers. And set firewall to let user decide in regards to blocking webpages etc.

I am not understanding if its a modem issue/ a windows 10 issue/ an isp issue.

I know I am not alone as friends are having similar issues and isp told them it was a compatibility issue with windows 10 and sent something to the user to help. Can't remember what it was.

Thanks for any help

Mahaylea, Nov 10, 2016
  4. Internet Connection Broken/Unstable

Most likely seeing as how it's happening to me and a bunch of other people and I haven't gotten any assistance, just stupid snide remarks about my character.

Matt Tygore, Nov 10, 2016
  5. rajosik Win User
    If you have the same problem, we can at least narrow it down to being a problem with the OS?

rajosik, Nov 11, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    If your NIC is set to power down to save energy, this may be causing the issue. Check this tab in your NIC properties in Device Manager:

Internet Connection Broken/Unstable [​IMG]

If the checkbox is ticked, turn it off and see if that helps (it may take a reboot for the setting to take effect).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 14, 2016
  7. Adalwar Win User
    I have watched a speed drop from 22MB/s to 16MB/s and also a jumping speed on my home WLAN Network.
    Along with last W10-447 update there were a lot of ChipSet Drivers installed and also a Driver for Realtek GbE Ethernet USB Adapter which is definitively broken, it keeps connecting and disconnecting, I had to delete Driver.
    Sure, this Hardware Drivers are very much Laptop specific and does mean that is yours Problem too.

My solution was to re-install the Chip Set /Platform Drivers from original OEM.

Still there is a small drop on speed , about 1,5MB/s but that is not "hurting" too much.

Adalwar, Nov 15, 2016
  8. rajosik Win User

thank you, that was something i forgot about, definitely helpful even though not directly related to my problem.

rajosik, Nov 18, 2016
  9. rajosik Win User
    sorry, for sounding like a noob, but original oem? the driver problem seems to be the problem to me too. but you mean i'd need to reinstall the realtek drivers and chipset drivers both? update them to the latest, should i?

rajosik, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Connection Broken/Unstable - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Broken

2. Internet connection is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection is broken: I have noticed that I physically cannot turn internet connection on windows 10 - whenever I try to turn wifi on in the network settings, I have no option to do it photo below. I've already tried troubleshooter 3 times - no success....
  3. Internet connection is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection is broken: I have noticed that I physically cannot turn internet connection on windows 10 - whenever I try to turn wifi on in the network settings, I have no option to do it photo below. I've already tried troubleshooter 3 times - no success....
  4. Internet connection is broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unstable internet connection

Unstable internet connection: Hi all, since a few month i got an issue on my computer. When i'm downloading a file on any browser I tested Chrome, edge, and Brave after a few Mb the DL is stopped and it says that there is a network error or it goes down to 0 B/s and doesnt dl anymore. i have to try...
  6. Internet connection unstable.

Internet connection unstable.: The internet connection on my Lenovo ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming has been unstable since mid august after the update, the internet signal is always displayed as strong however the internet connection would be unstable with a few seconds of no internet with intervals of 5-30...
  7. Unstable internet connection on my PC

Unstable internet connection on my PC: I have that unstable internet only on the computer. I got the message that “couldn't detect proxy settings”. Please point me in the right direction to fix this issue...
  8. Internet connection unstable while using zoom

Internet connection unstable while using zoom: Anytime Im in a zoom meeting I start getting message internet connection unstable. The screen and audio freezes up for 5 to 10 seconds then starts back. Very frustrating. I am connected to wifi....
  9. some apps cannot connect to internet or connection is unstable

some apps cannot connect to internet or connection is unstable: please i need help my laptop is cannot many application like line pc, instagram pc, or facebook , and game in steam or like fortnite i dont know what is the problem because i just log in few days ago and its open, but now its keep says that is network is unstable...
  10. Unstable/ Unpredictable Internet Connection On Network Bridge

Unstable/ Unpredictable Internet Connection On Network Bridge: Hi I have a server that I has a shared drive I would like to access on my PC. I have my server and my PC connected to the same router by Ethernet, but this router does not have internet access. My PC is also connected to a router with internet access via a WiFi adapter. In...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 internet sharing unstable

2. How do I fix my network connection is unstable