Windows 10: Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically

Discus and support Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After having my laptop on for a few hours I encounter a situation where I clearly have an internet connection but my browsers do not work, (both... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ouroboros72, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically

After having my laptop on for a few hours I encounter a situation where I clearly have an internet connection but my browsers do not work, (both Firefox and Edge). What's weird is, on firefox, it will usually go to home page (google) and google will search, but from there every link I try to click on will display as 'unable to connect'. The only remedy is to power down and reboot.

Reading around I see this issue cropping up back as far as windows 7 but no definitive cause, although potential DNS issues are mentioned.

Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

ouroboros72, Jan 13, 2016

2. Losing internet connection on Firefox

I keep loosing my internet connection when I am using Firefox web browser. It only effects Firefox. no problem with other web browsers. When this happens I close the browser and reopen it and then I am good to go for awhile. But after a short period of
    time I loose the internet connection within the Firefox browser only.

DavidAlanRowland, Jan 13, 2016
  3. internet connection but browsers not working in Win 10

received a fix for my Win10 installation issues from Bitdefender.

a couple of security settings needed changing.

Otherwise, everything is working now

Thanks,

L Henrickson, Jan 13, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically

Hi.
    You could try assigning Google DNS servers to your adapter, and see if that makes a difference. In Control Panel>Network and Sharing>, Change Adapter Settings> right click on your wireless adapter and select Properties, then highlight the IPv4 and select properties, select the radio button Use the following DNS server addresses and input 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

simrick, Jan 13, 2016
  5. Thank you for your reply, I will try that and monitor the situation for a while.

ouroboros72, Jan 14, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Sounds good.

simrick, Jan 14, 2016
  7. Just to update, I followed the clear instructions a while ago now and have monitored, and no further issues since. Sorted.

Thanks again.

ouroboros72, Feb 17, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Excellent news! Thanks for reporting back! *Smile

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Browsers

2. Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine: Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also works perfectly fine. I do not have an...
  3. I have internet connection, but browsers won't work

I have internet connection, but browsers won't work: So, my computer is connected to the internet (i am able to run Discord online, or Steam, and use it to download files), but browsers - Firefox and Edge cannot connect to any site - whenever I try, I get a timeout error. I had problems with WiFi connection a few weeks ago,...
  4. Windows Apps Don't Connect to the Internet

Windows Apps Don't Connect to the Internet: [ATTACH] This is what my antivirus (Avast) is telling me, and I'm running a smart scan as I type this. But am I truly protected from all viruses? I mean, one of my computer's fans is broken, if I reboot it hangs on the first screen, and strangest of all, only apps downloaded...
  5. Windows claims Internet but browsers don't see

Windows claims Internet but browsers don't see: This is a 10-month-old Dell desktop in average home use, wired, Win10 Pro, virus scan clean, no recent software or hardware changes. Suddenly today, no internet. The ISP isn't down and the connection is fine (tried another PC). But Chrome says 'No internet' and...
  6. Windows 10 Internet Connection working Browsers stop working

Windows 10 Internet Connection working Browsers stop working: How to fix???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-internet-connection-working-browsers/40a0f660-8b64-4c11-996e-bfb1f16883fd
  7. Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10

Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10: I have a Dell XPS 13 on Windows 10 and suddenly by browsers wont work and other features wont connect to the internet even though in the taskbar it says I'm connected to my WiFi. I've tried: restarting my computer, restarting my router and I've done all the winsock resets and...
  8. Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers

Wi-fi showing as not connected but internet working in browsers: Hi, I am using windows 10 on HP Notebook. The wi-fi is showing as not connected but I am able to browse in google chrome or any other browser for that matter. However windows updates, HP drivers update using HP Support Assistant etc are not working as they are showing as no...
  9. internet connection, browsers working poorly.

in Browsers and Email
    internet connection, browsers working poorly.: Windows 10 Like the title says, bad browser performance with a good internet connection. Google Chrome wont work at all, firefox works sometimes, edge works sometimes. Its only been happening over the past few days. I have a laptop at home on win 10, it must have received...
  10. internet connection, browsers working poorly in normal mode.

internet connection, browsers working poorly in normal mode.: Windows 10 64bit Like the title says, internet speed is fine in safe mode but low and intermittent (connection) in normal mode. There are threads here that offer tips, but none of them worked for me. Any ideas welcome. Cheerio Chris 92694