Windows 10: Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically

Discus and support Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After having my laptop on for a few hours I encounter a situation where I clearly have an internet connection but my browsers do not work, (both... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ouroboros72, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically

After having my laptop on for a few hours I encounter a situation where I clearly have an internet connection but my browsers do not work, (both Firefox and Edge). What's weird is, on firefox, it will usually go to home page (google) and google will search, but from there every link I try to click on will display as 'unable to connect'. The only remedy is to power down and reboot.

Reading around I see this issue cropping up back as far as windows 7 but no definitive cause, although potential DNS issues are mentioned.

Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

ouroboros72, Jan 13, 2016

2. Losing internet connection on Firefox

I keep loosing my internet connection when I am using Firefox web browser. It only effects Firefox. no problem with other web browsers. When this happens I close the browser and reopen it and then I am good to go for awhile. But after a short period of
    time I loose the internet connection within the Firefox browser only.

DavidAlanRowland, Jan 13, 2016
  3. internet connection but browsers not working in Win 10

received a fix for my Win10 installation issues from Bitdefender.

a couple of security settings needed changing.

Otherwise, everything is working now

Thanks,

L Henrickson, Jan 13, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically

Hi.
    You could try assigning Google DNS servers to your adapter, and see if that makes a difference. In Control Panel>Network and Sharing>, Change Adapter Settings> right click on your wireless adapter and select Properties, then highlight the IPv4 and select properties, select the radio button Use the following DNS server addresses and input 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

simrick, Jan 13, 2016
  5. Thank you for your reply, I will try that and monitor the situation for a while.

ouroboros72, Jan 14, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Sounds good.

simrick, Jan 14, 2016
  7. Just to update, I followed the clear instructions a while ago now and have monitored, and no further issues since. Sorted.

Thanks again.

ouroboros72, Feb 17, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Excellent news! Thanks for reporting back! *Smile

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Browsers

2. Browsers don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers don't work: My problems started after I cloned my drive to another partition and updated windows. I can't use any browser to connect to websites on the internet despite me being able to use internet based apps perfectly fine. Microsoft bing seems to be the only browser that'll actually...
  3. Browsers don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers don't work: My problems started after I cloned my drive to another partition and updated windows. I can't use any browser to connect to websites on the internet despite me being able to use internet based apps perfectly fine. Microsoft bing seems to be the only browser that'll actually...
  4. Browsers don't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet connection only works on web browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection only works on web browsers: I really dont know how to word this question, I've been having an issue where i would be "connected" to the internet, can browse and do everything just fine, but websites will sometimes say i am "disconnected" and many programs on my computer refuse to run because they are...
  6. Internet connection only works on web browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection only works on web browsers: I really dont know how to word this question, I've been having an issue where i would be "connected" to the internet, can browse and do everything just fine, but websites will sometimes say i am "disconnected" and many programs on my computer refuse to run because they are...
  7. Apps don't connect to the internet only my browser does

Apps don't connect to the internet only my browser does: None of my apps connect to the internet, except my browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-dont-connect-to-the-internet-only-my-browser/b53d649c-a63c-48df-af48-96103ea88000
  8. Browsers won't work but windows is connected to internet

Browsers won't work but windows is connected to internet: So, getting right into the meat of it. Opera, Edge, Chrome and Vivaldi browsers won't open pages.Interestingly enough, the browsers are able to load half a page the instant you open them but then nothing works after that.Windows news, windows update, online installers, CMD...
  9. Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10

Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10: I have a Dell XPS 13 on Windows 10 and suddenly by browsers wont work and other features wont connect to the internet even though in the taskbar it says I'm connected to my WiFi. I've tried: restarting my computer, restarting my router and I've done all the winsock resets and...
  10. internet connection, browsers working poorly.

in Browsers and Email
    internet connection, browsers working poorly.: Windows 10 Like the title says, bad browser performance with a good internet connection. Google Chrome wont work at all, firefox works sometimes, edge works sometimes. Its only been happening over the past few days. I have a laptop at home on win 10, it must have received...