Windows 10: Internet connection dropping

Discus and support Internet connection dropping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Since I upgraded to Windows 10, my internection drops out every time that my laptop is not in continual use. The connection actually says:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nunukis, Sep 1, 2015.

1. nunukis Win User

Internet connection dropping

Hi,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, my internection drops out every time that my laptop is not in continual use. The connection actually says: "connect automatically" but it still goes off every time I leave my laptop for longer than 10 minutes or so. This is frustrating, as I need to be in contact via Skype all the time.

Is there a reason for this?

Karin*Confused

:)

nunukis, Sep 1, 2015

2. 5800 Dropping Internet Connection

i suspect its Windows, Not 5800 XM, Did u installed Hot fix by Microsoft (to resolve issue where usb modem used to drop link after some time)?

When we try to connect to internet first time using Nokia Phone and Ovi suite, after connecting Ovi tells us to download "that" hot fix, gives the link. so try that.

coolbelief, Sep 1, 2015
  3. MrCru5ty Win User
    5800 Dropping Internet Connection

My 5800 XM is giving me grey hair!

I have great 3.5G signal with my 5800 and any other 3G phone in the same spot. I oftenly play WarCraft3(DotA) Online and it randomly drops connection, sometimes after a few minutes, other times after 1-2 hours. This also happened in regular browsing but
    obviously the page refreshes after the drop occured so you won't really notice. But with online gaming, as soon as you drop, you're out! And I've been "Vote Punished" a few times because of this.

What I did to try and solve the problem that didn't solve the problem.

Used XP Pro SP2, now using Vista Ultimate

Updated the phone software, currently running v50

Played around with the connection settings on phone. e.g.

* Switched between Bluetooth and USB cable

* Selected different Operator

* Changed Speed from 3G - 2G

* Switched from UMTS/GSM/Dual Mode

* Ran connection without OVI suite

* Replaced USB cable

* Disabled ALL apps running on pc

* Switched between settings sent by my service provider

* Created high speed link

* Hard and soft reset phone

* Reloaded phone completely, updated software from scratch

* Removed Memory Card

* Allowed Firewall settings, disabled Anti-Virus

* Found someone with a brand new phone, same model - did exactly the same

Although, with same pc and software I connected an E66 and it worked perfectly! Never dropped the connection, even connected a second PC through LAN and didn't even lag or spike or drop...

Might this be a bug on the NOKIA 5800 XpressMusic or what?

Please please please help, I've been struggling for months now!

MrCru5ty, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Gramps Win User

I have a similar issue in that the connections goes dead randomly for just a few seconds and then re-starts. I think there was another thread that states MS was aware of the issue.

Gramps, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Muffy Win User
    You may want to check that the computer is not putting the Network Adapter to sleep:

Use the following steps to open Device Manager:

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Device Manager.

Right-click the network adapter(that keeps getting turned off), and select Properties.

Go to the Power Management Tab> uncheck the option that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”, and press OK.

Muffy, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Gramps Win User
    I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Sep 1, 2015
  7. Muffy Win User
    you're welcome *Thumbs

Muffy, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Gramps Win User

Okay, after installing the updated Realtek driver yesterday and re-booting, the intermittent loss of connectivity problem has gone away. However, I'll keep an eye out to see if it keeps working...gotta love Win 10!

Gramps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet connection dropping - Similar Threads - Internet connection dropping

2. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection drops: I have 2 win10 pro desktops one keeps dropping internet connections the other does not. Both are connected to the router by cable. Have tried various setting but none workother devices, friends laptop, iphone, etc connect ok by WiFi...
  3. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet connection drops: I have 2 win10 pro desktops one keeps dropping internet connections the other does not. Both are connected to the router by cable. Have tried various setting but none workother devices, friends laptop, iphone, etc connect ok by WiFi...
  4. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet connection drops?? . . .but shows connected?

Internet connection drops?? . . .but shows connected?: Periodically my laptop will not connect to Edge, Outlook, Extensions etc. However, in the Notification Area it shows connected. The affected laptop computer is connected wirelessly, both Ethernet 4 and Wi-Fi. Signal strengths look strong. I can get reconnected by simply...
  6. Internet connection dropping

Internet connection dropping: I have a dual boot desktop Windows 10 Pro & Windows 7 Ultimate. Both versions are installed on separate ssd hard drives. I never have a problem with Windows 7 dropping my internet connection. but do have this problem with Windows 10. I could run for days without any problems...
  7. Dropping Internet Connection

Dropping Internet Connection: Hi Everyone, hope everyone is well, I wonder if anyone could give me some help, I am asking for my sister as I will be doing the task. She has been having problems with her internet connection, as the laptop keeps dropping her internet connection, I have taken a look at the...
  8. Internet connection repeatedly dropping

Internet connection repeatedly dropping: Hi Hope someone can help. For a couple of weeks now I have found that my internet connection keeps dropping. No change in hardware - same PC, same router, wireless connection. Other iPad, phones, TV, etc. no problems. Previously had odd dropping out, but nothing like as...
  9. Internet connection keeps dropping

Internet connection keeps dropping: My internet connection keeps dropping. I have changed my network to private, changed my hardware settings to not allow computer to turn off my network card, I have updated my driver for my network card. The problem only happens on this windows 10 computer, all of my other...
  10. Internet Connection constantly dropping?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Internet Connection constantly dropping?: Hello All; After receiving the latest Windows 10 Update, my computer's internet connection has been cutting out constantly, at first it was only when I would be playing online games, but now it has become to when I am just generally browsing. I have a 802.11n USB...