Windows 10: Internet connection drops 5 mins after starting Windows

Discus and support Internet connection drops 5 mins after starting Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have a Windows 10 desktop which I built my self 2 years ago, with no issues or problems at all until today. My Internet connection drops 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex_S537, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Alex_S537 Win User

Internet connection drops 5 mins after starting Windows

Hi.

I have a Windows 10 desktop which I built my self 2 years ago, with no issues or problems at all until today.

My Internet connection drops 5 mins after starting windows, even less than 5 mins.

I've always used ethernet connection. I've tried these solutions:

• Disabling/enabling the network adapter.
    • Resetting the IP (with the command netsh int ip reset )
    • Deleting/removing the driver so that, after restarting, Windows 10 can install the driver again.
    • I even tried with two different wifi adapters, without sucess.
    • The wlan report shows "The network is disconnected because the user wants to establish a new connection", but I'm not sure what to do about this.

My PC has two operating systems (Windows 10 and Ubuntu). Ubuntu doesn't have any of those connectivity problems.

All other devices on my network work perfectly, so the problem must be on Windows. I haven't installed any update.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Alex_S537, Nov 13, 2018

2. Internet drops 5 min after boot

After a recent Windows 10 update (Sept ?), desktop Internet drops after 5-10 min of browsing, particularly after streaming video or downloading a file. Rebooting restores service although sometimes need 2 or more reboots. After reboot, internet will
    work without interruption. Checked for router update, non available. Turned off power management for networking. Help?

Michael_Campbell_PA, Nov 13, 2018
  3. zinou Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Internet connection drops 5 mins after starting Windows [​IMG]

zinou, Nov 13, 2018
  4. mora67 Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

mora67, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet connection drops 5 mins after starting Windows - Similar Threads - Internet connection drops

2. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection drops: I have 2 win10 pro desktops one keeps dropping internet connections the other does not. Both are connected to the router by cable. Have tried various setting but none workother devices, friends laptop, iphone, etc connect ok by WiFi...
  3. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet connection drops: I have 2 win10 pro desktops one keeps dropping internet connections the other does not. Both are connected to the router by cable. Have tried various setting but none workother devices, friends laptop, iphone, etc connect ok by WiFi...
  4. Win 10 started dropping internet connection

Win 10 started dropping internet connection: This just started happening. My PC is connected to the router via network cable. I have the power option to the max and have the settings under the NIC to not allow PC to put to sleep. Not sure what else to do. When it happens I have tried to use ipconfig to release all...
  5. Internet drops after 3-5 minutes after PC start

Internet drops after 3-5 minutes after PC start: Hi all, Have that issue for couple of days and I feel hopeless right now. Description: PC, Windows 10 Pro 1909, Intel i7 4770K, 2x Nvidia GPU, Ethernet 1Gb/s A couple of minutes after PC boot, the Internet become unavailable. The only sign I can see is "ERR_TIMED_OUT"...
  6. HP Envy 6 WiFi Drops from 5 mins to 5 mins

HP Envy 6 WiFi Drops from 5 mins to 5 mins: Hi guys, My HP Envy 6 laptop's WiFi connection is dropping from around 5 mins to 5 mins. I have to reconnect it manually each time. I suspect this might be an outdated driver issue. I'm aware Windows 10 isn't officially supported for my model and there aren't any win10...
  7. Internet connection dropping

Internet connection dropping: I have a dual boot desktop Windows 10 Pro & Windows 7 Ultimate. Both versions are installed on separate ssd hard drives. I never have a problem with Windows 7 dropping my internet connection. but do have this problem with Windows 10. I could run for days without any problems...
  8. Dropping Internet Connection

Dropping Internet Connection: Hi Everyone, hope everyone is well, I wonder if anyone could give me some help, I am asking for my sister as I will be doing the task. She has been having problems with her internet connection, as the laptop keeps dropping her internet connection, I have taken a look at the...
  9. Internet connection dropping

Internet connection dropping: Hi, Since I upgraded to Windows 10, my internection drops out every time that my laptop is not in continual use. The connection actually says: "connect automatically" but it still goes off every time I leave my laptop for longer than 10 minutes or so. This is frustrating,...
  10. Windows 10, internet connection cuts every 5 mins

Windows 10, internet connection cuts every 5 mins: Hi there guys., I m having this problem with my laptop, just after last update from windows my internet connection restarts every 5 mins, i have tried updating drivers but it seems to be in order.. any ideas of what i could do on this case ? thanks ! and happy...