Windows 10: internet connection extremely slow and not allowing some sites to load

Discus and support internet connection extremely slow and not allowing some sites to load in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi I am helping my mom fix her internet connection and have a couple questions. First she is using a wi-fi connection with spectrum and the bars on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by christopherpoloncarz, Apr 6, 2019.

1. internet connection extremely slow and not allowing some sites to load

hi I am helping my mom fix her internet connection and have a couple questions. First she is using a wi-fi connection with spectrum and the bars on the control bar are showing

1 or none but its the only thing on the network running right now.

2 facebook games don't run anymore or are so slow that they lose connection.

3 when loading her computer it lags for 3-5 mins for load up on restart or initial load for the day.

i am hoping to save her a few bucks by getting some help here instead of taking it to a tech for service. please give me some help a.s.a.p. thank you all for the time you take in reading this and responding I really appreciate it

:)

christopherpoloncarz, Apr 6, 2019
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Apr 6, 2019
  3. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Magnus09 Win User

internet connection extremely slow and not allowing some sites to load

Ethernet Connection (slow internet after upgrading to win10)

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The suggestions you provided are also some of the "fixes" I tried before with no luck. But I did try them again and it still did not resolve my issue.

For the troubleshooting, nothing came up because there IS connection. Just extremely slow. There's no errors or any msg that pops up. The problem is that the internet connection is extremely slow at initial start or after the PC comes out from sleep mode.
    Once I disable/re-enable the ethernet connection, speed is great.

If you have any other suggestion, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Magnus09, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

internet connection extremely slow and not allowing some sites to load

1. internet connection extremely slow and not allowing some sites to load - Similar Threads - internet connection extremely

2. Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN: Hello all,I got a new Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 11 Pro. Whenever I connect to VPN from Windows my speed is 0.01 mbps.I searched for solutions and I tried:Running wireshark at background didn't do anything for meTrying to remove updates I don't have them installed i think...
  3. Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN: Hello all,I got a new Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 11 Pro. Whenever I connect to VPN from Windows my speed is 0.01 mbps.I searched for solutions and I tried:Running wireshark at background didn't do anything for meTrying to remove updates I don't have them installed i think...
  4. Extremely slow internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow internet: Have an issue I'm only getting 90Mbps on a 1G net service on my PC's regardless of connection type,EVEN in safe mode! While my cell phone can pull 900+Mbps PC #1 -Latest Win10Pro updates -Asus ROG Rampage Extreme Encore Motherboard -i9-9820X -32 GB Ram PC#2 -Latest...
  5. Internet Extremely Slow?

Internet Extremely Slow?: So my internet the last few weeks has been a bit slow. When im downloading updates to certain programs etc... they take forever which rarely if ever happen. It wasn't until earlier I decided to do a speed test on speedtest.net and low and behold... my download mbps is 1.23....
  6. Extremely slow internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely slow internet speed: When i open Task Manager it clearly says that Steam is using 50% network at 45mbps. But when i open steam the game is only downloading at 5mbps. Help please submitted by /u/Chuck-E_Cheeks [link] [comments]...
  7. Internet extremely slow, windows show no connections!?!?!?

Internet extremely slow, windows show no connections!?!?!?: The past couple months I've noticed that the internet connection is extremely slow, 2 megabits per second. Then I figured out if I go to the taskbar and clicked on the connection icon it shows my Wi-Fi is not connected to anything... Then if I clicked on my SSID and hit...
  8. Can anyone help with extremely slow load and operation of some progs?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can anyone help with extremely slow load and operation of some progs?: This is my partner's computer (my best guess is 5+ years old) Windows 10 Desktop Dell Intel RCore I3 CPU 530 at 2.93GHzInstalled memory Ram 3.00GB2.7GB usableSystem Type 64BitX64 Base Processor The computer is VERY slow to start -up from switch on to usable 5 mins approx?...
  9. Internet Explorer is extremely slow

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is extremely slow: I'm using Windows 10 latest updates and internet exp. version 11. (exact vestons see screen shots) About 6-8 weeks, internet explorer has become so slow, and hangs up, so often I literally can not use it. simple tasks such as hitting Google, IE will just hang taking 45-50...
  10. File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow: I've been having this problem recently, I honestly dont know what it is. My computer runs smoothly, up until I open up file explorer and it basically doesn't load. It's been sitting there for at least 40 minutes. If anyone can shed some light, I would greatly appreciate it....