Windows 10: Internet Connection Goes Bad When Location Service Active

Discus and support Internet Connection Goes Bad When Location Service Active in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having weird issue lately My internet occasionally suddenly goes bad and hard to connect through WiFi. This happen both on my laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fauzi Rasyad, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Internet Connection Goes Bad When Location Service Active

I've been having weird issue lately

My internet occasionally suddenly goes bad and hard to connect through WiFi.

This happen both on my laptop and desktop, but not on mobile. So definitely not my ISP connection.

I tried to ping some sites using CMD and got multiple request time out and fluctuation up to 3000ms

After tinkering a bit reinstall WiFi driver .etc problem persist.

Until I tried to turn off every single services I can on Windows and found the culprit.

So whenever I turn on "Allow Apps to access your location" under Settings > App permission > Location, the connection goes wild.

If I turn it off, everything is fine and normal.

Is this a bug or something?

My OS is Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.503

:)

Fauzi Rasyad, Jun 10, 2019
  2. pizaying Win User

Cant connect to internet, says "layered service provider is outdated"

I just moved to a new location with a new ISP. My computer has windows vista, and i am unable to connect to the internet. When i try to diagnose the problem it says my layered service provider is outdated. Google searches said that was bad to do.

I was also told to uninstall my nod32 v2.7 and this would make it work. I have done that and did a winsock repair, and still nothing. Any suggestions?

pizaying, Jun 10, 2019
  3. HP Pavilion won't connect to internet

Hi,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the internet troubleshooter, by following the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Once the window open, click View All,
      located on the left navigation pane.
    • Locate and select Internet Connection, and run the in build troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Gall, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Internet Connection Goes Bad When Location Service Active

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Internet Connection Goes Bad When Location Service Active

1. Internet Connection Goes Bad When Location Service Active - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Goes

2. Very bad internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very bad internet connection: The wifi connection to my laptop is very bad but, the connection to other devices in my home is totally fine. I don't know what to do to fix this problem even though i tried lots of things already. Someone please help....
  3. Very bad internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very bad internet connection: The wifi connection to my laptop is very bad but, the connection to other devices in my home is totally fine. I don't know what to do to fix this problem even though i tried lots of things already. Someone please help....
  4. Very bad internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Need internet service help, badly!

Need internet service help, badly!: Windows Version 20H2 Build 19042.985 For the first time, I decided to get internet service at home, but its been a nightmare to get it to work. No luck so far, which is why Im writing this with my laptop from a neighborhood park where they have public Wi-fi. So at least I...
  6. Internet goes when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet goes when gaming: I've been having this problem for a few months now. Every time I try to open an online game, the internet goes down. Browser can't load and etc. But immediately after I close those games, the internet works perfectly fine again. Also it is good to know that I am using Wifi...
  7. No active internet connection while I have Location China

No active internet connection while I have Location China: I am really curious who designed this at MS... These are my settings on my WIN 10 laptop since my last forced update: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet. [ATTACH] So how should this work when you are in China? [ATTACH] My...
  8. No connection / bad connection with Windows services

No connection / bad connection with Windows services: I try to describe my problem as precisely as possible. For a few weeks I have had the problem that all Windows services take a long time to establish the connection or the connection is not established at all. This problem affects Windows Update, Microsoft Whiteboard, Skype,...
  9. WiFi connection speed slowed down when Location Service is active

WiFi connection speed slowed down when Location Service is active: When the Location Service is activated WiFi Connection speed slows down to less than 1 Mbps while the actual line speed is 4 Mbps. I'm quite sure the problem is caused by Location Service as the connection speed drops to like 100 Kbps instantly after I switch the Location...
  10. BSOD Bad Pool Header When Connecting To Internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Bad Pool Header When Connecting To Internet: Hi, I'm getting a bad pool header bsod. It happens when I connect to the internet. I started getting this error when the installed on date for bitdefender in programs and features changed randomly ( which has happened twice now.) I'm not sure if this is to do with malware....