Windows 10: Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service.

Discus and support Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, After updating to Windows 10 1909 I cannot use Windows update. Internet connection works fine, but when I check for updates, I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JackNicholsPK, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service.

Hello,

After updating to Windows 10 1909 I cannot use Windows update.
    Internet connection works fine, but when I check for updates, I get the following error message:

We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.

I tried a lot of different solutions that are available on the internet, including:

• use the windows update troubleshooter
    • reset windows update services
    • do a clean restart
    • and more.

Did anyone figure out this one?
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Best,

JN

:)

JackNicholsPK, Mar 27, 2020

2. Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service. 189114715.png

imperialreign, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Unable to update, windows update cannot connect to update service

hello friend..

I cannot update windows 10 to anniversary update. Every time I check for update, this came out

"We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."

I am connected to internet, Mozilla firefox is ok, utorrent is ok, everything is fine except windows update.
    I have try disable the firewall, turn off windows defender, disable antivirus, none of it work.
    I downloaded windows10 update assistant, did not work.
    I don't know what is blocking windows update form connecting to internet.

Any suggestion? or perhaps solution.

Thank You.

emperor496, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service.

internet not connecting

Hi,

I recently reformatted a computer and when I tried to connect to the internet it wouldn't work. The computer is an IBM and I have loaded Windows XP.

All the settings are the same with internet connections as the settings in my other computers in the house but it still wont connect.

Using cable and on ADSL.

Thank you.

Kymberly_S, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service.

1. Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service. - Similar Threads - Internet connection fine

2. Cannot connect to Windows update services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Windows update services: My computer will not update because it won't connect to the update services. Troubleshoot doesn't find anything. The computer really needs to be updated. I feel like I have tried everything....
  3. Cannot connect to Windows update services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Windows update services: My computer will not update because it won't connect to the update services. Troubleshoot doesn't find anything. The computer really needs to be updated. I feel like I have tried everything....
  4. Cannot connect to Windows update services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot connect to Windows update service.

Cannot connect to Windows update service.: I am in the process of updating two Windows PCs simultaneously, on the same desktop and using the same network connection. My Laptop is downloading and installing updates from the Windows Update Service. But my desktop computer has a problem connecting to the update service,...
  6. Internet Connection is fine, programs have a massive delay for connecting to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection is fine, programs have a massive delay for connecting to the internet.: My explanation : Whenever I start my computer laptop, Dell I try to connect to services such as Microsoft Edge. For a few seconds after starting up my computer, my ethernet does it's job perfectly and I'm able to search for anything that I want. However, this only lasts for a...
  7. Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services.

Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services.: Hello there, For some reason Microsoft services can no longer connect to the internet--including but not limited to; Onenote, Update, Store, Edge Developer ect. I reset my firewall to default settings with no success. What is going on? Thank you [ATTACH]...
  8. Cannot connect to the windows update service

Cannot connect to the windows update service: After i have updated my windows 10 home to 1903 update after that when ever i try to update windows it says Cannot connect to the windows update service.I have ran the troubleshooter but it does nothing....
  9. cannot connect to the update service- was on a domain

cannot connect to the update service- was on a domain: Getting message - we couldn't connect to the update service. Also : some settings are managed by your organization. This PC was on a domain to a company that no longer exists. What can I do to be able to get updates?...
  10. Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection

Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection: So after trying to share files in my network I created a Homegroup with my other Windows 10 computer - where the Internet works fine. The problem computer is just a media center designed to run Kodi. I had no user account yet. So I created a password for my "default"...