Windows 10: Internet Connection issue

Discus and support Internet Connection issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After updating to October update there's a bug which causing some internet issue. If I connect to internet everything works fine but Network status... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SudiptoChakraborty, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Internet Connection issue

After updating to October update there's a bug which causing some internet issue. If I connect to internet everything works fine but Network status shows "not connected" so windows apps doesn't connect to internet anymore. I tried reseting ip and adapter but no luck.

Internet Connection issue 5613f3e6-7558-4f10-b1c2-4998065e13e6?upload=true.jpg Internet Connection issue f44c8092-4ea8-4b0b-943a-55b8dc14ce9d?upload=true.jpg

:)

SudiptoChakraborty, Oct 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Internet Connectivity Issues

So heres the deal. My brother who is behind the opposite wall of me is having internet issues. The router is here in my room and his internet is plugged into the Linksys E2000 via a wire going from it to an ethernet wall socket going to his room and into his computer.

He has been having iffy internet for the past 2 days. Fixed it yesterday by rebooting now the problem has resurfaced.

What we have tried:
    • Testing the ethernet cables with a tester. Passed
    • Tested onboard ethernet with known working cable (computer hooked up using my connections in my room) Passed
    • Checked to make sure there was no static IP address in IPv4 settings. Passed
    • Made sure the Network Connection wasnt full on disabled. Passed
    • Swapped the cable leading from the router to the wall outlet in my room. Passed and worked for a few minutes.
    With regards to that last bullet point, the computer is no longer getting internet again despite working for a few minutes. Testing the new cable again, tells us that pins 1 and 2 are "open". That is the second cable in a row that the tester is spitting this message out on.

Any ideas guys? Im out of them.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Naveen_M Win User

Internet Connection issue

Intermittent internet connection issues

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

There are some reasons that causes this error connection reset. Let’s try to identify the root cause and apply the appropriate solution to fix this.

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter first, and check if the issue persists. To run the troubleshooter, follow the below steps:

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Select ‘Control panel’
    3. In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’ and then click ‘Troubleshooting’
    4. Under ‘Network and Internet’ click on ‘Network adapter’ and click on ‘Next’ button.

Try to update the network adapter and check if the issue persists.

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Expand the network and adapter’
    3. Right click on the device, and select ‘Update driver software’
    4. Restart the computer and check.
    5. You can also check for updates from the system manufacturer site.

Check proxy settings by doing the below steps:

1. Go to Control panel – Internet options.
    2. Click on ‘Connections’ tab.
    3. Click on ‘LAN settings’
    4. Uncheck ‘Use a Proxy server for your LAN’ check box, and click ‘Ok’

I also suggest you to reset IP Address by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key, and type ‘Command prompt’
    2. Right click on it and select ‘Run as administrator’
    3. Type the following command without quotes, and press enter: ‘netsh winsock reset catalog’
    4. Restart the system once and check if the issue persists.

Try to disable Kaspersky firewall and check if that helps

1. Open the Kaspersky Internet Security program.
    2. Click the ‘Settings’ button.
    3. Click the ‘Firewall component’ option under Protection Center.
    4. Select the ‘Enable Firewall’ option to remove the check mark.

Hope it helps. Please reach back if the issue persists.

Thanks and regards

Naveen M

Naveen_M, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Internet Connection issue

1. Internet Connection issue - Similar Threads - Internet Connection issue

2. Internet connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection issue: I have an Acer Aspire 7560 series that was manufactured with Windows 7 Home Premium. When I attempt to connect the computer to a Wi-Fi network, the error "No connections are available" appears. When I click on Troubleshoot, it says that Windows did not detect a properly...
  3. internet connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet connection issues: HiNot sure what channel to post this question in?Since the last Windows update last week a strange thing has started occurring with my laptop.If I have any devices connected to its mobile hotspot, then the laptop itself wont connect to the internet??I normally plug the...
  4. Internet Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connectivity Issues: I've been having an issue with my laptop [Precision 5540] all of a sudden. It refuses to stay connected to my wifi and keeps disconnecting every few seconds but for the few seconds it's connected, the internet works just fine. None of the other devices in my home are having...
  5. Internet Connection Issues

Internet Connection Issues: I have an HP laptop with Windows 10. Lets say I'm at my house using the internet, I have no issues. When I go to school, there are no networks available to connect to. But when I restart my computer, they show up. Then when I go home, I have to do the same thing for my home...
  6. Internet Connection Issues

Internet Connection Issues: So recently for no apparent reason my internet has been disconnecting and then reconnecting for no apparent reason. It started a few days ago and I'm not sure what could have caused it to happen. It goes from saying secured, connected to secured and then I must click connect...
  7. internet connection issues

internet connection issues: Hi I recently updated to the current windows 10 update and ever since I'm having issues connecting to the internet. I'm connected via ethernet cable but every time I get on the computer I have to reset my router for the ethernet cable to work. This wasn't issue a couple of...
  8. Internet connection issues

Internet connection issues: i have a surface 10. I am in China trying to connect to my local wifi. I continue to receive the error message “Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding.” I noticed others had this issue, i tried using...
  9. Internet connectivity issues.

Internet connectivity issues.: This is only a recent event, for some reaason my main internet connection I use is 'forgotten' or 'lost' by my PC. When I mean 'forgotten' or 'lost' I mean that the computer will not show my main internet connection under Wifi, after a restart or shhut-down. The only way...
  10. Internet Connection Issue

Internet Connection Issue: I have been troubleshooting this issue for a week now - following suggested solutions for problems similar (although not identical) to mine, to no avail. I believe I have finally narrowed down what event is causing my internet connection to be unavailable. When I log in...