Windows 10: Internet connection issues after updating

Discus and support Internet connection issues after updating in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Well just for clarification it wasn’t like this before the update. Well the first issue is that my WiFi always disconnects by itself when I’m not using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blindingsky, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Internet connection issues after updating

Well just for clarification it wasn’t like this before the update. Well the first issue is that my WiFi always disconnects by itself when I’m not using my computer and you may think that’s not a big problem but that leads to many , when I try to reconnect to my WiFi it’s fine , it says Internet access and ok I go to google and it says no internet and I go back to see and it says it’s still connected and like 6 seconds later it disconnects and this repeats for multiple times until this shit thing decides to finally not do dumb stuff and connect like it should but sometimes it just randomly disconnects too but usually it isn’t as what I said before and this all repeats multiple times , sometimes I can’t even use my pc to be in class , I honestly regret updating

submitted by /u/blindingsky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blindingsky, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Naveen_M Win User

Intermittent internet connection issues

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

There are some reasons that causes this error connection reset. Let’s try to identify the root cause and apply the appropriate solution to fix this.

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter first, and check if the issue persists. To run the troubleshooter, follow the below steps:

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Select ‘Control panel’
    3. In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’ and then click ‘Troubleshooting’
    4. Under ‘Network and Internet’ click on ‘Network adapter’ and click on ‘Next’ button.

Try to update the network adapter and check if the issue persists.

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Expand the network and adapter’
    3. Right click on the device, and select ‘Update driver software’
    4. Restart the computer and check.
    5. You can also check for updates from the system manufacturer site.

Check proxy settings by doing the below steps:

1. Go to Control panel – Internet options.
    2. Click on ‘Connections’ tab.
    3. Click on ‘LAN settings’
    4. Uncheck ‘Use a Proxy server for your LAN’ check box, and click ‘Ok’

I also suggest you to reset IP Address by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key, and type ‘Command prompt’
    2. Right click on it and select ‘Run as administrator’
    3. Type the following command without quotes, and press enter: ‘netsh winsock reset catalog’
    4. Restart the system once and check if the issue persists.

Try to disable Kaspersky firewall and check if that helps

1. Open the Kaspersky Internet Security program.
    2. Click the ‘Settings’ button.
    3. Click the ‘Firewall component’ option under Protection Center.
    4. Select the ‘Enable Firewall’ option to remove the check mark.

Hope it helps. Please reach back if the issue persists.

Thanks and regards

Naveen M

Naveen_M, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Internet connection issues after updating

Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Internet connection issues after updating

1. Internet connection issues after updating - Similar Threads - Internet connection issues

2. Internet Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connectivity Issues: I've been having an issue with my laptop [Precision 5540] all of a sudden. It refuses to stay connected to my wifi and keeps disconnecting every few seconds but for the few seconds it's connected, the internet works just fine. None of the other devices in my home are having...
  3. Issues accessing the internet after connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues accessing the internet after connecting to wifi: Ive been having this issue on my windows 10 laptop latey where my laptop will be connected to the wifi but I wont have any internet connection. When running the diagnostic I get the issue that “the computer was manually disconnected from...”. I’ve tried several different...
  4. Internet issues after update

Internet issues after update: Hi. I'm running Windows 10 Home 1909 on an older Toshiba laptop. This computer is only used for virtual school work and was last running and updated in May. I turned it on 2 days ago to make sure my son could login for school yesterday and everything was running smoothly....
  5. Internet Connection Issues

Internet Connection Issues: So recently for no apparent reason my internet has been disconnecting and then reconnecting for no apparent reason. It started a few days ago and I'm not sure what could have caused it to happen. It goes from saying secured, connected to secured and then I must click connect...
  6. Trouble after update wifi connecting+internet issue

Trouble after update wifi connecting+internet issue: Dear Sir/Ma'am My windows 10 got updated last week and after updates im facing problems with connecting to wifi and internet. I have to disable and enable wifi driver in device manager everytime when i turn on my PC. Furthermore the internet speed is also very slow as...
  7. internet connection issues

internet connection issues: Hi I recently updated to the current windows 10 update and ever since I'm having issues connecting to the internet. I'm connected via ethernet cable but every time I get on the computer I have to reset my router for the ethernet cable to work. This wasn't issue a couple of...
  8. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update: I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports, router, etc. It seem that I am connecting to a preferred wireless network, but the icon is showing a wired icon. I am not...
  9. No Internet Connectivity after Update

No Internet Connectivity after Update: Hi, I recently installed the 1903 update on my HP laptop. Afterward, I was unable to connect to the internet, even though sometimes it said I was connected. Did all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I have AT&T U-verse, and nothing else was affected. I rebooted the...
  10. Internet connection issues

Internet connection issues: i have a surface 10. I am in China trying to connect to my local wifi. I continue to receive the error message “Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding.” I noticed others had this issue, i tried using...