Windows 10: Internet connection keeps disconnecting every hour and then reconnecting (DHCP-client issue)

Discus and support Internet connection keeps disconnecting every hour and then reconnecting (DHCP-client issue) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I started having problems with DHCP-client after update April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build 17763.437). DHCP-client lease renewal attempts fail every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karhu122, May 26, 2019.

1. Karhu122 Win User

Internet connection keeps disconnecting every hour and then reconnecting (DHCP-client issue)

I started having problems with DHCP-client after update April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build 17763.437).

DHCP-client lease renewal attempts fail every hour. After the lease ends, DHCP-client gets immediately new IP-address. This causes about 5-10 seconds internet drop which causes problems with gaming.

How the problem looks like:

Internet connection keeps disconnecting every hour and then reconnecting (DHCP-client issue) 2f9d4c6b-ad9d-4d5b-8d94-b25ed163bced?upload=true.png

How it should look like (how it was before the update):

Internet connection keeps disconnecting every hour and then reconnecting (DHCP-client issue) 358a94bf-fa26-4516-8c15-4c246a1c3231?upload=true.png

Uninstalling and blocking the update fixed the problem for me. But this won't work because they are releasing new updates about every two week so the problem comes back with these updates (because the KB4493509 update is included in them).

I have also noticed that when you have the update installed, running this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/299357/how-to-reset-tcp-ip-by-using-the-netshell-utility and restarting fixes the problem until you restart the computer again.

In event viewer you can see every hour a warming which says: Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x00FF2C382080. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Here is the full details of the warning:

Lokinimi: Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client/Admin

Lähde: Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client

Päivä: 23.4.2019 20.24.18

Tapahtumatunnus:1003

Tehtäväluokka: Osoitteen määrityksen tilan tapahtuma

Taso: Varoitus

Avainsanat: (1)

Käyttäjä: Paikallinen palvelu

Tietokone: Karhu-PC

Kuvaus:

Verkon DHCP-palvelin ei pystynyt uusimaan IP-osoitetta tietokoneen verkkokortille, jonka verkko-osoite on 0x020608073265. Ilmeni seuraava virhe: 0x79. Tietokone jatkaa osoitteen hankkimista verkon DHCP-palvelimelta.

Tapahtuman Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client" Guid="{15a7a4f8-0072-4eab-abad-f98a4d666aed}" />

<EventID>1003</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>3</Task>

<Opcode>77</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x4000000000000001</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-04-23T17:24:18.340966800Z" />

<EventRecordID>194</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="1788" ThreadID="6884" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client/Admin</Channel>

<Computer>Karhu-PC</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="HWLength">6</Data>

<Data Name="HWAddress">020608073265</Data>

<Data Name="StatusCode">121</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Hope we can find a solution to this!

:)

Karhu122, May 26, 2019

2. Router disconnects from internet and reconnects

My router has been acting up lately. Its been disconnecting from the internet and eventually reconnects overtime. But the disconnect happens so frequently, its annoying and I've reverted to asking for help.

RyserPhoenix, May 26, 2019
  3. Nokia E5 - Email client keeps disconnecting and does not automatically reconnect [IMAP]

I've set up two mailboxes in the E5's email client. Both use IMAP and are hosted on my own server. Both are shown on the Active standby screen and are configured to update every five minutes. I've explicitly set them to use the packet data connection, which
    is configured to be enabled "when available". As such, if I open the email client and synchronise everything works nicely, and continues to do so for a few minutes after (if I send myself an email after the initial synchronisation I get a notification). However,
    a few minutes later the email client disconnects both accounts and never reconnects, so I no longer get any notifications of new emails and have to manually reconnect.

The relevant settings are as follows:

• Mailbox settings
      • Advanced mailb. settings
        • Incoming email settings
          • Access point in use: 3 (my packet data connection).
    • What to sync
      • Emails to retrieve
        • From Inbox: 100
    • When to sync
      • Connection days: All days
      • Connection hours: All day
      • Update interval: 5 minutes
      • Retrieve when abroad: Enabled
    I assume that the Email client needs to be left running in the background ("Hide" to close it rather than "Exit"). I can tell when it has disconnected because the 3.5G status icon changes from having solid arrows to dashed/broken arrows.

As an experiment I did delete and recreate both mailboxes, to no avail. If someone could offer some pointers in the right direction I'd be very grateful!

benryves86, May 26, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Internet connection keeps disconnecting every hour and then reconnecting (DHCP-client issue)

Connect and Disconnect internet

I just need to click the network icon in notification area, select my WiFi network and click Connect / Disconnect:

Internet connection keeps disconnecting every hour and then reconnecting (DHCP-client issue) [​IMG]

Selecting Connect automatically I don't have to enter the network security key manually:

Internet connection keeps disconnecting every hour and then reconnecting (DHCP-client issue) [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Internet connection keeps disconnecting every hour and then reconnecting (DHCP-client issue) - Similar Threads - Internet connection keeps

2. Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnection on laptop only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnection on laptop only: The issue I am having is my parents have recently got a new internet provider for the whole house, granted the modem is in the bedroom so I have no control over that. However my wifi on my laptop keeps disconnecting and reconnecting at random and will last a variable amount...
  3. Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnection on laptop only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnection on laptop only: The issue I am having is my parents have recently got a new internet provider for the whole house, granted the modem is in the bedroom so I have no control over that. However my wifi on my laptop keeps disconnecting and reconnecting at random and will last a variable amount...
  4. DHCP client issue? wireless USB adapter perfectly connected to the internet but the network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DHCP client issue? wireless USB adapter perfectly connected to the internet but the network...: okay so I have rolled back to my system before it was worse than it is and now my wireless usb adapter is perfectly connected to my home network but I still dont get anything and the wifi icon is missing The network status tab in the settings is missing any wifi option...
  5. Internet keeps disconnecting, attempting to reconnect results in "Cannot connect" error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet keeps disconnecting, attempting to reconnect results in "Cannot connect" error: Like the title entails. The wifi service does work for other devices in the network but not this laptop. It keeps lagging, connects and works properly for a few mins and then disconnects again. Any help on how to fix this? Restarting the laptop didn't work either. Maybe I...
  6. DHCP lease expiring every hour

DHCP lease expiring every hour: I have run the course with our ISP, and nothing seems to be wrong with our computers. The same thing is happening on multiple computers in our household, all wired directly into the modem. We are only getting a one hour DHCP lease, and our internet provider insists it's not...
  7. Internet Disconnects Once Every Hour Then Reconnects?

Internet Disconnects Once Every Hour Then Reconnects?: Hi, Have a strange issue: The Internet disconnects once every hour then reconnects? I notice above because I have HexChat IRC running. Any ideas? I tried two different network cards with same issue. Thanks! Desktop: - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit version 1809 - Gigabyte...
  8. IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet

IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet: So I have had this problem now for one week. I am sharing internet connection via my android phone. Sometimes with hotspot and usually with USB-tethering. I did solve the problem for a moment by restoring to a restore point. After a day later I updated my windows and the...
  9. IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet

IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet: So I have had this problem now for one week. I am sharing internet connection via my android phone. Sometimes with hotspot and usually with USB-tethering. I did solve the problem for a moment by restoring to a restore point. After a day later I updated my windows and the...
  10. IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet

IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet: IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet So I have had this problem now for one week. I am sharing internet connection via my android phone. Sometimes with hotspot and usually with USB-tethering. I did solve the problem for a moment by restoring...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wifi dhcp client frequent renew