Windows 10: Internet connection not working for Windows 10 but working for almost everything else.

Discus and support Internet connection not working for Windows 10 but working for almost everything else. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I am having issues with my internet. Let me describe it. -Internet icon says not connected to the internet, regardless if I am on ethernet or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Isaiah N, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Isaiah N Win User

Internet connection not working for Windows 10 but working for almost everything else.

Hello. I am having issues with my internet. Let me describe it.

-Internet icon says not connected to the internet, regardless if I am on ethernet or wireless.

-Cannot run troubleshooting on update and security

-My profile picture is a dark and poorly rendered default icon Which is not what I set it as and I cannot change it

This issue may be unrelated but- Cannot connect to some places like Reddit, the certificate is invalid

I am able to run security scans with windows defender and nothing shows up as irregular.

Does anyone have a fix for this? Thank you.

I am running on Windows 10.

:)

Isaiah N, Oct 3, 2020
  2. EarthDog Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, Oct 3, 2020
  3. WiFi not working on windows 10, connects but no internet.

As you can probably tell by my username I have exhausted all efforts, i've been trying to fix this for 2days now, installed/reinstalled 4 different OS trying to fix it and I cannot find a solution, it always worked before.
    Basically when I connect to my router I get full bars and its showing as connected with internet, if I go to do ANYTHING at all that requires an internet connection (opening webpages, downloading) etc. it just says no internet connection, OCCASIONALLY it will go very slowly for a while before ending itself again. Also if I try to connect to my phones hotspot it connects fine and everything works.
    Other devices in the house work fine, other laptops, phones etc. all connect fine. The most mind boggling thing about this is it works fine in ubuntu, I can connect to my wifi fine and everything is good, but on windows 7/8.1/10 it does not work (yes i formatted numerous times installing these OS and it took me forever and a lot of lost data). Some more useful advice: when i just install windows it works fine, but as soon as i restart it no longer works.
    I have tried so many things its hard to list them all but i'll try:
    troubleshooting, ipconfig /flushdns, netsh stuff, reinstalling OS, disabling and re-enabling wireless, reinstalling drivers, resetting router, checked that my mac address wasnt blocked.
    If anyone has any idea please let me know, I greatly appreciate it.
    This is what my network activity looks like in task manager:
    Internet connection not working for Windows 10 but working for almost everything else. [​IMG]

losingmymind, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Internet connection not working for Windows 10 but working for almost everything else.

Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/7670/discussions/0/541907867762253418/

Frag Maniac, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Internet connection not working for Windows 10 but working for almost everything else.

1. Internet connection not working for Windows 10 but working for almost everything else. - Similar Threads - Internet connection working

2. Internet works on everything else but PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet works on everything else but PC: When I start my computer, majority of the time I am not connected to the internet. When clicking on the globe by left click, the wi-fi option does not appear on the small window. When I right click to "Network and Internet Settings", sometimes it'll say Ethernet not plugged...
  3. Internet works on everything else but PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet works on everything else but PC: When I start my computer, majority of the time I am not connected to the internet. When clicking on the globe by left click, the wi-fi option does not appear on the small window. When I right click to "Network and Internet Settings", sometimes it'll say Ethernet not plugged...
  4. shift + number not working but shift works with everything else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift + number not working but shift works with everything else: For the past few weeks, using Shift with a number key produces nothing. The number keys themselves work fine, and both Shift keys work with everything except the number keys. This happens with the laptop keyboard, a Bluetooth keyboard, and the on-screen keyboard. I have tried...
  5. PC Cannot Connect to Internet but Everything Else Can

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Cannot Connect to Internet but Everything Else Can: My PC is connected to a wifi repeater through a LAN cable. It was working until today, so I tried running a troubleshoot to see what's going on and it said "'Ethernet' doesn't have a valid IP Configuration". I tried to reset the netsh through CMD but it didn't work....
  6. PC Cannot Connect to Internet but Everything Else Can

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Cannot Connect to Internet but Everything Else Can: My PC is connected to a wifi repeater through a LAN cable. It was working until today, so I tried running a troubleshoot to see what's going on and it said "'Ethernet' doesn't have a valid IP Configuration". I tried to reset the netsh through CMD but it didn't work....
  7. Windows 10 not connected to the internet, even though everything else is?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not connected to the internet, even though everything else is?: So this started a couple weeks ago, i first noticed that gamepass PC wouldn't work, none of my games were playable and the store wouldn't load, then i notice that the News and Inerests widget on the taskbar just displays "We're having trouble loading your feed." despite me...
  8. When downloading, internet stops working on everything else on my Windows 10

When downloading, internet stops working on everything else on my Windows 10: I am facing a weird issue. Whenever I start any download, my PC internet just stops working on everything else, and only download continues. I can't even browse the internet on Web Browsers. How to fix this?...
  9. Mic not working on windows PC but works ok everything else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working on windows PC but works ok everything else: I’ve posted this same issue in many places and not gotten a working solution yet. The mic is set to default and I’ve tried to update the drivers. It used to work and randomly stopped at least 2 months back. What can I do? submitted by /u/Mercury_721 [link] [comments]...
  10. Edge and Windows Update working, everything else not

Edge and Windows Update working, everything else not: I have tried all the suggestions shown in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking-winpc/after-upgrading-to-windows-10-internet-only-works/6ee391e0-ab6c-4471-879c-83279eed21ee?page=5 I have tried both resetting to original Win...