Windows 10: internet connection problems after upgrading from windows10home to windows10pro...

Discus and support internet connection problems after upgrading from windows10home to windows10pro... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I found out about the problems with the october 2018 update date files deletion issues, I updated my wife's work computer from win10home edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel_Novak, Oct 8, 2018.

1. internet connection problems after upgrading from windows10home to windows10pro...

When I found out about the problems with the october 2018 update date files deletion issues, I updated my wife's work computer from win10home edition to win10pro edition so that she could use the scheduling tools in the pro version to put in a long delay for the October 2018 update. The upgrade to windows10pro went just fine. BUT lost most of (but not all) connectivity to the internet. A few unsecured websites she can still connect to. Any secured websites time out. I went through the normal trouble shooting processes.

• temporarily turned off firewall and antivirus software
    • rolled back and reinstalled drivers for network adapters
    • did a "network reset"
    • also at the command prompt (in admin mode) I executed the following commands.

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip resetipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

Has anyone else had this problem when upgrading to pro?

Any thing else I can try before attempting a "fresh start" OS reinstall?

One last question regarding the "fresh start" option. Given the internet connectivity problems with this particular machine can I do a clean reinstall without the internet connection? thank you.

:)

Daniel_Novak, Oct 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 domain account - The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded

Same problem, JonFrey have you solved? after upgrade from Windows10Home to Windows10Pro

Thanks

mauriziomattiuzzo, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Internet connectivity problems

Hello Walrus,

There can be a number of reasons for no internet connection in Windows, some common reasons that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to help you troubleshoot and resolve network connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 8, 2018
  4. quasar923 Win User

internet connection problems after upgrading from windows10home to windows10pro...

internet connection problem- help

my internet connection suddenly failed about 2 days ago. we had to power cycyle the the router and modem. the other computers on the same router network were able to connect. my computer upstairs still had the same problem. i am using my laptop now with the same eathernet connection my computer that doesnt get a connection with and the internet works fine on the laptop. it just randomly stoped working and idk what to do now. the cable is fine because i am able to use the laptop on it and the laptop doesnt get wireless so i know its not the cable. my computer is in the system specs. ive tried setting defualts in bios and that doesnt work either. ive turned my firewall off and that doesnt help either. any suggestions?

quasar923, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

internet connection problems after upgrading from windows10home to windows10pro...

1. internet connection problems after upgrading from windows10home to windows10pro... - Similar Threads - internet connection problems

2. windows10pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows10pro: I have product id for windows 10 pro but my computer hard brake down and i buy new hard so i dont know how to instil windows to new hard. and I don't no wat type of my widows I just now it pro...
  3. Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade: I upgraded a Dell Latitude E6530 to Win10 from Win7. Everything works great except connecting to internet. Can connect to router with ethernet, laptop wireless card and tp-link wireless dongle, but not to internet. Same result trying to connect to phone hotspot. All...
  4. Windows10Pro slow in the benchmark after memory upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10Pro slow in the benchmark after memory upgrade: The HP-Pavilion-dv6 4Gb standard memory was upgraded to 8Gb: [ATTACH] This case however it looks that the laptop speed (in Geekbench5-test) was reduced: [ATTACH] Here it seems windows64 single core went down to 428 from 717 and multicore down to 1685 from 2120, while in...
  5. Bad Internet Connection After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad Internet Connection After Upgrade: Hi, I just got my computer upgraded with some more storage its a 1TB SSD from samsung made for laptops. After I got my computer back from Geek Squad at Best Buy, I had horrible Wi-Fi connection. Before the storage was put in, I got pretty good Wi-Fi and I only used a LAN...
  6. Can't activate windows10pro after upgrading the motherboard.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate windows10pro after upgrading the motherboard.: I have a problem activating windows when i switched my motherboard, processor and ram memory. I decided to upgrade my hardware and i was using windows7, for some reason my mouse and keyboard wasn't working after bios in the new motherboard. Windows7 didn't support usb 3.0 so...
  7. internet problems after upgrading to win10pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    internet problems after upgrading to win10pro: When I found out about the problems with the october 2018 update date files deletion issues, I updated my wife's work computer from win10home edition (build 1803) to win10pro edition (build 1803) so that she could use the scheduling tools in the pro version to put in a long...
  8. After upgrading to 10, PPPOE connection stops internet from working

After upgrading to 10, PPPOE connection stops internet from working: Hello! I did my upgrade quite shortly ago. Basically before that upgrade I had 2 connections at the same time: Local Area Connection with Ethernet and my PPPOE connection as advised by my provider. I've been using my PPPOE connection for years to sidestep some connection...
  9. No internet connection after upgrade

No internet connection after upgrade: Hi, I upgraded my ageing Dell Inspiron 530 desktop PC this morning from Win7 Ultimate to Win10 Pro. The PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable. All seems fine in terms of the OS, but I have no internet access. I know the router's OK as my other devices are fine....
  10. Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10

Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10: I did the upgrade from W-8.1 to 10 in November and have had several problems since. The most pernicious problem is the loss of my Internet Connection. I had my ISP service dude have a go; but no joy. He concluded it is a software problem. Everything is properly connected and...